Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2004, 10:58 PM   #1
CF Newbie
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2
Need help identifying this... (pic)


I'm trying to replace my exhaust myself and I am wondering what this part is and if it is very expensive.

If I decide to keep it, should it be ok to use a hacksaw to cut it off and attach the new pipe?

Shoe (aka Billy)
shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
CF Loafer
Cliffy's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,442
That's nothing too special lol, it's just a part from the front of your exhaust system that is 'flexible' so to speak lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:23 AM   #3
CF Newbie
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 74
It's called a "flex pipe". All it's for is to allow the exhaust pipe to bend a little bit so that the engine and transmission have enough freedom to move within their limits without snapping the exhaust in half.
KNTRDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.