Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2004, 09:33 AM   #1
cinqyg
CF Freak

Tool's whos are the best?

Any surgestions, got most of my tools pinched and so im looking to replace them, any surgestions with what i should get.

Snap on
Britool
Mac
other??
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
cinqyg
CF Freak

umm Snap on arnt that great, the air tools have a tendency to be fimsy and the dealer always take forever to get them sorted out, well in my experiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaxleyjr
If you are professional, the better tools available in the US are Snap-on, MAC, or Proto

for the DIY, Craftsman or Huskey (they are made by the same outfit)
Old 05-12-2004, 12:54 AM   #3
WannabeWrxOwner
CF Newbie

As far as concerning Craftsman and Husky, We've had the Husky tools break less often than the Crasftman, and it's easier to return them as well. In fact, Home Depot will take your broken Crafstman tools, and trade them in for brand new Husky tools. Try taking back a crafstman tool to Sears, and you get an old, beat, re-furbished tool.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:19 AM   #4
cinqyg
CF Freak

ooh i no all about sears, but we dont have them here so im mainly looking for more international brands that arnt attached to any particular chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeWrxOwner
As far as concerning Craftsman and Husky, We've had the Husky tools break less often than the Crasftman, and it's easier to return them as well. In fact, Home Depot will take your broken Crafstman tools, and trade them in for brand new Husky tools. Try taking back a crafstman tool to Sears, and you get an old, beat, re-furbished tool.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:37 AM   #5
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
umm Snap on arnt that great, the air tools have a tendency to be fimsy and the dealer always take forever to get them sorted out, well in my experiance.
So let me get this strait. You ask for advice on what brand tools to buy, give a list, and when someone suggests one out of the list, you go and so oh no I don't want that crap.

You can always know, if it has a lifetime replacement warrenty, it's as good as it gets. Tool companies can't afford to sell crap and keep replacing it for free. It doesn't work like that. They'd be bankrupt very quickly or loose their warrenty. So bottem line, if it has a lifetime warrenty, it's as good as anything. I use craftsman. As for Snap On, their tools are as good as it gets. Right up there with Husky and Craftsman. They're just to over priced.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:44 AM   #6
cinqyg
CF Freak

no they were just example, its probibly just my Snap On dealer, and how the hell am i suposed to get craftsman or husky tools, there only sold in the usa!

I like the lifetime warenty, its a good thing, but they took so long to sort my impact wrench out that i had bought a new one by the time i got it back. took 3 weeks to get it sorted out, what am i suposed to do, tighten wheel nuts up to 90Nm with my fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
So let me get this strait. You ask for advice on what brand tools to buy, give a list, and when someone suggests one out of the list, you go and so oh no I don't want that crap.

You can always know, if it has a lifetime replacement warrenty, it's as good as it gets. Tool companies can't afford to sell crap and keep replacing it for free. It doesn't work like that. They'd be bankrupt very quickly or loose their warrenty. So bottem line, if it has a lifetime warrenty, it's as good as anything. I use craftsman. As for Snap On, their tools are as good as it gets. Right up there with Husky and Craftsman. They're just to over priced.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:49 AM   #7
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
no they were just example, its probibly just my Snap On dealer, and how the hell am i suposed to get craftsman or husky tools, there only sold in the usa!

I like the lifetime warenty, its a good thing, but they took so long to sort my impact wrench out that i had bought a new one by the time i got it back. took 3 weeks to get it sorted out, what am i suposed to do, tighten wheel nuts up to 90Nm with my fingers!

I didn't suggest YOU get Craftsman or Husky. I said that's what I use.

As for the long wait....Who has the long wait? Craftsman and Husky you can pick up a broken wrench off the street, walk into any place that sells their tools and they will hand you a new one, no questions asked, no wait. To bad you can't get ahold of them.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:54 AM   #8
cinqyg
CF Freak

it would be really great if they didnt break atall then i woundnt care, how long it took.

Minced a grinder today, chuck it in the bin and try again.

Quote:
I didn't suggest YOU get Craftsman or Husky. I said that's what I use.

As for the long wait....Who has the long wait? Craftsman and Husky you can pick up a broken wrench off the street, walk into any place that sells their tools and they will hand you a new one, no questions asked, no wait. To bad you can't get ahold of them.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:17 AM   #9
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
it would be really great if they didnt break atall then i woundnt care, how long it took.

Minced a grinder today, chuck it in the bin and try again.

Good luck finding a tool that doesn't break. I myself use craftsman. I never had anything break or have any problems with them. You could actually get a set of your own pretty easily. If you know someone in the US, have them buy a set then ship them over to you. (okay, maybe it's not that easy)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:24 AM   #10
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Good luck finding a tool that doesn't break. I myself use craftsman. I never had anything break or have any problems with them. You could actually get a set of your own pretty easily. If you know someone in the US, have them buy a set then ship them over to you. (okay, maybe it's not that easy)

doesnt make sence, im shippin a lawnmower over, because there cheaper even after fedex had added $360. If i got craftsman then what do i do when they break.

MY tools have a hard life, they get forced into cutting things like silicon carbide and alumina.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:32 AM   #11
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
doesnt make sence, im shippin a lawnmower over, because there cheaper even after fedex had added $360. If i got craftsman then what do i do when they break.

MY tools have a hard life, they get forced into cutting things like silicon carbide and alumina.

You're right...there probably aren't any Sears locations over there are there?

No clue. Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance.

My wife's cars:

Old 05-12-2004, 02:54 AM   #12
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
You're right...there probably aren't any Sears locations over there are there?

No clue. Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance.
Why don't you go to the website and order online? http://www.craftsman.com
Old 05-12-2004, 03:10 AM   #13
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Why don't you go to the website and order online? http://www.craftsman.com

because what does he do when/if they break?

My wife's cars:

Old 05-12-2004, 03:15 AM   #14
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
because what does he do when/if they break?
I've never had a Craftsman tool break, never. Neither has anyone I know had one break either. A good tool breaking is few and far between, when and if a tool breaks just buy a new one.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:16 AM   #15
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
I've never had a Craftsman tool break, never. Neither has anyone I know had one break either. A good tool breaking is few and far between, when and if a tool breaks just buy a new one.

My wife's cars: