Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2004, 07:03 AM   #1
decap66
CF Newbie

Question 300ZX 2+2 Modification

I have a 1991 300ZX 2+2 and i want to put an electric fan in place of the hp robbing clutch fan. I don't like the lag time it has when starting out because of the fan. Is there an easy way to do this or will it require a hammer and duck tape...hahaha. I am also having problems with the BOSE speakers. I get a buzzing sound from the speakers but not at the same time. I am replacing the head unit with a new Alpine. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for some speaker upgrades. I realy like to keep it "looking stock" but replace some little things to make it nicer to drive.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra

i always thought putting the electrical fans was just a plug and play situation, besides the electrical wiring procedure but that cant be too complicated. as for the crank fan, just remove it, i believe thats how u get rid of it. it goes bolted on to the crank pulley, so just... unbolt it :P
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #3
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
i always thought putting the electrical fans was just a plug and play situation, besides the electrical wiring procedure but that cant be too complicated. as for the crank fan, just remove it, i believe thats how u get rid of it. it goes bolted on to the crank pulley, so just... unbolt it :P

Well only if you want the fan runing all the time, you need to install a thermostatic switch in one of the rad hoses so that it turns its self on and off.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
decap66
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Well only if you want the fan runing all the time, you need to install a thermostatic switch in one of the rad hoses so that it turns its self on and off.

It looks like it will be easy to take the old fan out but i still can't find any kits. On another forum i was told that a 350Z runs an electric fan so that might fit. thanks for you help if you have any good idea on speakers leme know. Thinking of going alpine or infinity havn't decided yet and making a custom sub box. I need to learn about fiberglass first.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Are you aiming for sound quality, or volume?
Old 06-05-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
decap66
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Are you aiming for sound quality, or volume?

I have had my fill of BOOM...BOOM...RATTLE...RATTLE. I am going for theatre sound quality. Just havn't been in the stereo bussiness for a long time. I don't know what's out there is all.