Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2004, 06:50 AM   #1
hypnotik
CF Newbie

Unhappy Ignition Cut-Off

Hey i have a ignition cut-off on one of my cars a 2 door 96 Acura Integra GS-R.
Heres the story, I went to get a good alarm system installed, and when i finnaly picked my alarm system the professional guy also suggested that i also add a ignition Cut-Off switch to my car for added security, i asked him wat it does he explained kinda, basically told me its a button i have to push before i can start my car and i can hide it anywhere i want. I thought to myself what a great idea! so i gave him the go-ahead to install that along with my alarm system.
Iev had it in my car for about 3 month now, and its annoying the shit out of me!
I went to the shop asked if he can take it out, and he was saying hes going to have to charge, $150+ to take it out completly , i was seriously thinking about hitting him, but i kept my cool and said "Cool ill think about it" and left.Ok im not going to pay for him just to take this shit out.

Can anyone help me on how i can remove this ignition cut-off thing myself.
For it to help you to help me, i will explain how i start my car:
1) Disarm my alarm
2)Get in (DUH)
3)Hold onto the button(Hidden somewhere!)ok ill tell ya its way down by the clucth but on the wall left of it, while one hand is holding the button
4)my other hand sticks key in ignition and my journey is complete.

5)Looking Stupid
6)What is that guy doing?
7)Ladies its ok its just my super high-tech sucurity system.(Rite...)
8)No I just look stupid and the button is annoying.

So yea hopefully that should explain to you guys what kind of ignition cut-off thing i got. I seriously dont know much about how it works, i just want it out to make my life easier, i already have alarm and a AutoLock i think that is enough. Please Someone Anyone Please help me on how i take this thing out comepletly!
A Step-By-Step would be very very much greatly appreciated.

Last edited by hypnotik : 06-05-2004 at 07:05 AM.
hypnotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotik
Hey i have a ignition cut-off on one of my cars a 2 door 96 Acura Integra GS-R.
Heres the story, I went to get a good alarm system installed, and when i finnaly picked my alarm system the professional guy also suggested that i also add a ignition Cut-Off switch to my car for added security, i asked him wat it does he explained kinda, basically told me its a button i have to push before i can start my car and i can hide it anywhere i want. I thought to myself what a great idea! so i gave him the go-ahead to install that along with my alarm system.
Iev had it in my car for about 3 month now, and its annoying the shit out of me!
I went to the shop asked if he can take it out, and he was saying hes going to have to charge, $150+ to take it out completly , i was seriously thinking about hitting him, but i kept my cool and said "Cool ill think about it" and left.Ok im not going to pay for him just to take this shit out.

Can anyone help me on how i can remove this ignition cut-off thing myself.
For it to help you to help me, i will explain how i start my car:
1) Disarm my alarm
2)Get in (DUH)
3)Hold onto the button(Hidden somewhere!), while one hand is holding the button
4)my other hand sticks key in ignition and my journey is complete.

So yea hopefully that should explain to you guys what kind of ignition cut-off thing i got. I seriously dont know much about how it works, i just want it out to make my life easier, i already have alarm and a AutoLock i think that is enough. Please Someone Anyone Please help me on how i take this thing out comepletly!
A Step-By-Step would be very very much greatly appreciated.

damn, you got screwed. im sure the guys in the repairs section can help you out.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote