Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

The next Mercedes C-Class?

The third generation Mercedes C-Class will go on sale in 2006 and it will feature design cues of the new E-Class and GST concept car. Take a look at it.

Although it will be a complete new model with very little design similarities with the current range, sources say that it won't take the same radical styling departure as the next BMW 3 Series.

Instead the 2006 Mercedes C-Class will have a conservative but classy design.

The car will be even more elegant than its predecessor, and its design is inspired by the E-Class.

On the inside it will be a different story - the car's interior will be more radical and futuristic with design cues of the GST concept car.

Of course the next C-Class will be bigger and it will offer better interior space. It shares its underpinnings with the new SLK roadster.

It is expected to be equipped with a host of new innovations and apparently it will also feature class-leading light technology.

COULD THIS BE THE NEXT C-Class?

Last edited by WeaponR : 06-16-2004 at 01:12 PM.
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
Car Nirvana
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
COULD THIS BE THE NEXT C-Class?

Hope so !!!
Car Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 01:34 PM   #3
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Again with the Maybach back ends. The circular rear ends... not a good thing. All cars should have trunks like the Evo and STi, then the world my friends would be a better place.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned

Looks like a Taurus
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Looks like a Taurus

what's a Taurus? some american prestige/luxury car i suppose?

care to post a pic for us?
Old 06-22-2004, 11:35 AM   #6
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
what's a Taurus? some american prestige/luxury car i suppose?

care to post a pic for us?

Haha prestige/luxery? HAHA! . No actualy its a mid class sedan thats like Hondas. They are everywhere.. N very crappy looking I might add.

Old 06-22-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Haha prestige/luxery? HAHA! . No actualy its a mid class sedan thats like Hondas. They are everywhere.. N very crappy looking I might add.

well i don't know do i! i don't live in america!

DAMN! that car looks UGLY!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:16 AM   #8
Diewaldo
CF Newbie

C-Class

Luckily the new C-Class won't look like this!
It will look more like that:

Last edited by Diewaldo : 06-23-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Diewaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:06 PM   #9
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

hmm a little improved from the pics that i saw that would be the next C-Class. Thank you
Old 06-23-2004, 10:31 PM   #10
cinqyg
CF Freak

well i dont think that there are thatmany of us who would really have the cash or even consider buying a merc if we did. There a bit of an old mans car, id drive a jag before a merc.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:48 PM   #11
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

True benz are nice but there so heavy on the cash!

look at the BENZ AMG CLK GTR its a nice car but seriously whos gonna spend $1,547,000 on one it anit worth 1/4 of that in my oppinion.

benz anit exactly wow of the century dont get me wrong there nice but people who think there all that because they own one just look stupid

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year

Last edited by Lukaz : 06-23-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:48 PM   #12
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
well i dont think that there are thatmany of us who would really have the cash or even consider buying a merc if we did. There a bit of an old mans car, id drive a jag before a merc.

You'd also be going to get it repaired. Jaguars have some of the highest repair rates, unlike Benz wich has superior quality and performance. Driving a Jag before a Benz is almost like saying I'd take a Ford over a Honda, wich practically you are saying.. cause Jaugar is owned by Ford.

I've never seen to many Jags on the road, but I would have to denote more quality to even a C-Class over a top model Jaguar. Shoot I don't see how you can call a Benz an "old man" car. Nothing about MercedesBenz looks old whatsoever.. All new styling and curved contour bodies..If one had the money for a Benz but did'nt want one, I doubt one would buy a Jaguar, one would prefer a BMW. But thats just my

Why do you keep calling MercedesBenz "merc"?..."merc" denotes the name Mercury. (ie. Merc Marquis) I believe that most people refer to Mercedes as Benz for short. I was kinda lost when you said Merc, I thought you were talking about a Mercury..

Quote:
True Merc are nice but there so heavy on the cash!

look at the Merc AMG CLK GTR its a nice car but seriously whos gonna spend $1,547,000 on one it anit worth 1/4 of that in my oppinion.

mercs anit exactly wow of the century dont get me wrong there nice but people who think there all that because they own one just look stupid

The same or similar people who would purchase the NSX pictured in your signature. Its a supercar, race teams buy them.. people with lots of money..super car enthusiast. Obviously a person like you would not see a supercar of any worth, thats because you don't have a use for it or you lack the knowledge of what it takes to build a supercar.. That or you have no apreciation for such a car or the people that build it.

And that guy who smiles and looks at you while driving his Mercedes may appear that he gloats, but hes just happy hes driving a car with good quality and performance. (Hey that could be a Mercedes commerical)

Last edited by DSMer : 06-23-2004 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:08 PM   #13
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
You'd also be going to get it repaired. Jaguars have some of the highest repair rates, unlike Benz wich has superior quality and performance. Driving a Jag before a Benz is almost like saying I'd take a Ford over a Honda, wich practically you are saying.. cause Jaugar is owned by Ford.

I've never seen to many Jags on the road, but I would have to denote more quality to even a C-Class over a top model Jaguar. Shoot I don't see how you can call a Benz an "old man" car. Nothing about MercedesBenz looks old whatsoever.. All new styling and curved contour bodies..If one had the money for a Benz but did'nt want one, I doubt one would buy a Jaguar, one would prefer a BMW. But thats just my

Why do you keep calling MercedesBenz "merc"?..."merc" denotes the name Mercury. (ie. Merc Marquis) I believe that most people refer to Mercedes as Benz for short. I was kinda lost when you said Merc, I thought you were talking about a Mercury..

Because i live in the uk, only mercury here is Hg. Over here there mercs, well jag interesting point, the mk 1 S types were really bad in terms of relability. thing about jags is they have charachter. Yeah i know they are fords underneath but they still special.

Well i wont drive a honda (or any other asian car) until they remove the fake elephant.

I dont like automatics! As this forum pointed out merc makes awful manual gearboxes, they have climbed to close to chrysler for there own good look at the crossfire for example, its a fashion statement no true driver would want it, well may be for a frustrating challenge.

The only people under 25 over here that drive mercs are either spoilt brats or drugs dealers, ooh and the fathful merc car sales person (to be PC).
Old 06-23-2004, 11:33 PM   #14
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Because i live in the uk, only mercury here is Hg. Over here there mercs, well jag interesting point, the mk 1 S types were really bad in terms of relability. thing about jags is they have charachter. Yeah i know they are fords underneath but they still special.

Well i wont drive a honda (or any other asian car) until they remove the fake elephant.

I dont like automatics! As this forum pointed out merc makes awful manual gearboxes, they have climbed to close to chrysler for there own good look at the crossfire for example, its a fashion statement no true driver would want it, well may be for a frustrating challenge.

The only people under 25 over here that drive mercs are either spoilt brats or drugs dealers, ooh and the fathful merc car sales person (to be PC).

I lost you right at that yellow spot... somwhere between "elephants" and "Chrysler"?Drug dealers and brats? While true, there are quite a few Mercedes owners who are well under 25 and would be considered tunerz. They drive C-Class's E-Class etc.. Not to mention almost every celebrity(whom tries to look young) has to own a Mercedes and I would doubt they would be considered old people.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:57 PM   #15
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
I lost you right at that yellow spot... somwhere between "elephants" and "Chrysler"?Drug dealers and brats? While true, there are quite a few Mercedes owners who are well under 25 and would be considered tunerz. They drive C-Class's E-Class etc.. Not to mention almost every celebrity(whom tries to look young) has to own a Mercedes and I would doubt they would be considered old people.

You obvously need to study chemistry. Hg is the periodic symbol for mercury.

As a lover of such car then i am sure you have noticed the large quanitity of grey leather effect plastic that lingers in them. IE fake elephant (word which no longer allowed since the KGB comander otherwise known as bav has taken control of free speach)

well as we know in different envirmoents manufacutres badge and brand them selves diffrently. Mercs are let me see how to put this, they dont offer very good value for money in terms of pure driving experiance.