Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2003, 06:07 AM   #1
AZA

What is the future of the sports car.

Hi, I am a final year industrial design student from New Zealand. I am currently in the research stage of a year long project to design a new sports car for the future. In this initial part of my research I am interested in finding out from you guys what the future sports car should represent: how it should: look, perform, be experienced.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Look to the late 50's, early 60's Triumphs. Long hood, short deck, drop top, 2 seats, front engine, rear wheel drive. Keep it very simple, no air conditioning, power windows, automatic transmission, etc. Keep costs and weight down. Fun to drive not fancy. Obviously you want to use modern technology (powertrain management, suspension, brakes, structural integrity). Simple, cheap, fun.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
Ralli
CF Newbie

interesting. Have to agree though with vwhobo that it has to be fun to drive. twin turbo preferably.....