Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
BigGar
CF Newbie

Advice needed...re: purchasing a car!

Hello everyone,

Am considering purchasing a 5 year old Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi Elegance from a dealer.

Nice looking car etc but my one concern is that the MOT is due in just 6 weeks.

Is it almost standard practice to ask the dealer to do a quick check to see if there are any issues?? Sounds daft I know becuase the garage might not say if they saw something wrong.

Am I in a position where I could say that I'll pay the right price if they give me 12 months MOT???

Am fairly new to this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
BigGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGar
Hello everyone,

Am considering purchasing a 5 year old Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi Elegance from a dealer.

Nice looking car etc but my one concern is that the MOT is due in just 6 weeks.

Is it almost standard practice to ask the dealer to do a quick check to see if there are any issues?? Sounds daft I know becuase the garage might not say if they saw something wrong.

Am I in a position where I could say that I'll pay the right price if they give me 12 months MOT???

Am fairly new to this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
How much is the dealer asking for the car? What ever that may be, haggle with him to stick an MoT on it. An MoT costs around 50 now so if it goes straight through there's no reason at all why he shouldn't put one on it for you!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
kurt
CF Newbie

For me buying car mostly depends on the car looks..Just by simply staring at the car someone can say that it is expensive..Another thing i must consider is the comfort..Some of the most comfortable cars can be bought in very high prices, but even low priced car can be made comfortable..My car doesnt cost that much but many of my friends admire it because of its internal content..i have furnished it Huskyliners parts and it provided added style and comfort

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-31-2007 at 10:33 PM.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Car hippie
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt
For me buying car mostly depends on the car looks..Just by simply staring at the car someone can say that it is expensive..Another thing i must consider is the comfort..Some of the most comfortable cars can be bought in very high prices, but even low priced car can be made comfortable..My car doesnt cost that much but many of my friends admire it because of its internal content..i have furnished it Huskyliners parts and it provided added style and comfort

No offense, but what does that have to do with anything?