Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #91
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Markendell
I think the french bulldog is probably the ugliest dog i have ever seen. The sharpei runs it a close second though.

OK... , Smoke a lot of crack?

Anyway, what is it about the EVO and STi you find so ugly? I've always been in love with their styling, like a girl whos not too skinny and dressed in high priced clothes and make up, think of Paris Hilton (a Ferrari reminds me of women like this). But the STi/EVO always makes me think of a beautiful woman with a nice body, but down to earth and intelligent with a good personality. Like the really hot girl next door. I love the fact that they are sedans, and the trunk space on both cars literally made me do a double take, its surprisingly large. I always loved this mix of everyday practicallity and pure unadulterated performance.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:20 AM   #92
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
I think the french bulldog is probably the ugliest dog i have ever seen. The sharpei runs it a close second though.

wtf is wrong with you??
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:24 AM   #93
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Are you mad because he likes the Evo and STi, or because he called you a crack-head?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:26 AM   #94
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

I called The dog guy a crack head

I was asking gothicleigh why he/she doesn't like the evo/sti.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:24 AM   #95
choke
CF Newbie

i'd call the evo funky not ugly and the sti especially awesome when taking curves. but yea that dog guy is a crack head. butt ugly dog too.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #96
Gothicaleigh
CF Newbie

I understand that much of the EVo and STi's quirkiness comes from the fact that they are near clones of their Rally counterparts and as such were the epitome of function over form, but they could have smoothed out some of the add-ons a bit when releasing the designs to the public.

It's really more of a severe dislike of how certain elements on each car come together (or more appropriately, how they don't come together well enough), more than any particular item...

But if I were given the opportunity to "fix" their exterior designs, the areas I would concentrate on would be:

Evo
-The ugly visible intercooler. Not that I don't like visible intercoolers... it's just that it could have been incorporated into the design a lot better.

-It suffers from the Japanese curse of being too bland in some areas (the sides in particular) and too busy in others (the front is a mess of lines and gaping inlets that don't compliment each other).

-LOSE THE WING! Redesign the trunklid to eliminate the need for it.

STi
-The hood scoop. Do I need to point out how ugly that is? Contour it into the hood or something, it looks like an after-thought.

-Smooth out the corners of the bumper (for some reason they remind me of Football shoulderpads) and get rid of the STi decaling there. How many times does the car need to say "STi" from one direction?

-Once again, LOSE THE WING! Redesign the trunklid to eliminate the need for it.

Those are the most obvious ones, but I am sure you get the idea. I know they are asian, but with a bit of massaging they could be de-riced and given a bit of soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
I love the fact that they are sedans, and the trunk space on both cars literally made me do a double take, its surprisingly large. I always loved this mix of everyday practicallity and pure unadulterated performance.

I completely agree with you there. The most impressive and desirable cars in the world to me are performance sedans. It is just amazing how some of these manufacturers are blurring the line between sport and practicality.

Last edited by Gothicaleigh : 02-17-2005 at 05:30 AM.
Gothicaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:28 AM   #97
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

All right, I can see where your coming from. But, I still have to disagree. Especially about the scoop on the STi and the wings on both cars.

The scoop is so aggresive and large, to me it screams " give me more air for more power!!" and I love that aggresive statement.

As for the wings, thats just a matter of taste, I love them first, of course, because they are functional, and second because they to are stating to anyone who looks at the cars that they are not a simple family sedan to be trifled with.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:15 AM   #98
whiterider
CF Newbie

The ugliest car out there is a car with a picture of my ass on it. (Still not in production however)
whiterider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:36 PM   #99
Mr Markendell
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
wtf is wrong with you??
Absolutely nothing my good man i just wanted to see how many of you dumb ass yanks would bite. America a wonderful country only spoiled by the dimwits which inhabit it.
Mr Markendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #100
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Absolutely nothing my good man i just wanted to see how many of you dumb ass yanks would bite. America a wonderful country only spoiled by the dimwits which inhabit it.

Hmm. Who's the dimwit here? The person posting nonsense to see if anyone wouold NOTICE the nonsense, or the people responding to it saying it was nonsense?

The fact that you felt it approprate to do in the first place make you the dimwit. And, it appears, a bigoted one.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:04 PM   #101
Mr Markendell
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Hmm. Who's the dimwit here? The person posting nonsense to see if anyone wouold NOTICE the nonsense, or the people responding to it saying it was nonsense?

The fact that you felt it approprate to do in the first place make you the dimwit. And, it appears, a bigoted one.

The person who obviously can't spell "wouold?" "approprate?" is you it would appear.
Mr Markendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:35 PM   #102
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Im pretty sure chrisV knows how to spell very well, he is just a victim of typing fast.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:54 PM   #103
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
The person who obviously can't spell "wouold?" "approprate?" is you it would appear.

There's a difference between a spelling error and a typo. But it takes brains to know the difference. Typing was never a prerequisite for either building cars or racing them. Since I'm on a site dedicated to cars, not typing, I don't find it necessary to worry about every little typo from typing fast.

Apparently you, OTOH, have nothing actually car related or important to contribute to this board, and are merely an all around asshole with no real redeeming qualities.

So are you here to contribute to an automotive board, or are you just a worthless dick?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:14 AM   #104
eclipso
CF Newbie

I have to defend a few vehicles mentioned here. I love the stance of the PT Cruiser. It kind of leans forward in a "let's go" sort of way.
I also hate SUV's, and the only one I would ever like to own is the Porsche Cayenne.

Anyway, I think the ugliest cars out there are the Echo's and the four door Aveo's. The hatches don't look that bad but the four door and the Echo look like small balloon floats with little bitty tire to ride around on. Also, I think it is safe to say that we all hate the Aztek, and will continue to let only thirtysomething, class-less housewives drive them to Wal-Mart and back, because those are the only people I ever see driving them.
eclipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #105
websavage08
CF Newbie