Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2003, 03:43 PM   #1
CHIKA

Sport Bike For A Chick??

I am interested in gettin a sport bike. I know theres a lot to choose from but i go for more the looks than what kind of bike it is. Im a small chikie, and I really like the Honda CBR 600 F4i... but i also like the 954rr and the gsxr750.. oh and that new bosa bike... ( which is way too big for me! )

anyone got any opinions??
Old 02-17-2003, 01:31 AM   #2
RichG
CF Enthusiast

Cbr 600 is perfect for a smaller girl, they are not too nasty and are very manageable

Nayner = Good
RichG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:29 AM   #3
CHIKA

hi

Thanks for your opin. rich i seem to like that one the best.. i got a pic of one that i am thinking of buying in a couple of months
Old 02-17-2003, 02:38 AM   #4
starfish
CF Newbie

yea the cbr is a good bike very easy to handle
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
RichG
CF Enthusiast

Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIKA
Thanks for your opin. rich i seem to like that one the best.. i got a pic of one that i am thinking of buying in a couple of months
sweet, thos other bikes you mentioned are a little rough, two of my freinds own them and im looking at purchasign one, , only thing Is I would like the carb not the fi

Nayner = Good
Old 02-17-2003, 02:13 PM   #6
57ock
CF Addict

Hayabusa would be a great chicks bike
Specially after you turbo it
Old 02-17-2003, 06:15 PM   #7
CHIKA

hi

yea my hubby wants me to get a carb bike... i forgot why.. but hes telling me all this stuff about bikes and stuff.. he doesnt know which one to get for himself.. either the 954rr, ninja 12r, or that haybusa bike.. he liked the r1.. but said it pushes your "area" into the bike since the seat tilts too much in.. of course i dont want a too heavy bike for myself, im just a lil chikie but i sure do like those bigger bikes! lol
Old 02-17-2003, 06:18 PM   #8
CHIKA

hi

i dont know anything about bikes, but i am willing to learn if anyone wants to put their 2 cents in!
Old 02-18-2003, 05:55 AM   #9
RichG
CF Enthusiast

well the fuel injected ones are supposed to be better for gas mileage etc , but most bikes up until a few years ago where carb'ed. What would you like to know about bikes?

Nayner = Good
Old 02-18-2003, 07:13 PM   #10
CHIKA

hi

hmm.. good question.. well i heard there was a lot of like restrictions like if ya wanna get some new wheels for it ... i mean... i wanna be able to take my bike ( once i get it ) make it look good, and take it to like a bike show or something.. what do i gotta do to make it look good? my hubby wants to chrome out the bike and stuff like that.. the cbr.. say like i get into doing some wheelies and crap like that.. would that be a good bike to play around with? how much would it cost for a paint job.. couple hundreds? what kind of mods can ya do to it anyways? :?
Old 02-18-2003, 11:26 PM   #11
RichG
CF Enthusiast

as far as mods you dont really need any, they are fast enough, I mean you could juice it if you wanted, it is a excellent trick bike, like wheelies and stuff, I dont know much about chroming one out, but I am sure it can be done, paint jobs can be a couple hundred to a couple thousand depending on how wild you get with it

Nayner = Good
Old 02-21-2003, 01:39 AM   #12
CHIKA

hi

thanks for some info.. well.. i think id prob go with more looks than the speed.. lol... anyways.. i found 3 bikes that i cant choose from.. got any info what you think of them..?
yamaha R6
honda cbr 600RR
kawasaki ninja zx 6r - i got a pic of all three and for some reason, must be the color.. it catches my eye!
Old 02-23-2003, 03:00 AM   #13
CHIKA

Oh My Lord!

hey there!! i found a bike.... well.. my hubby did... and it is completely cromed out.. the whole bike is made out of crome.. dont believe me.. i got a pic!!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:42 PM   #14
Teekeela
CF Newbie

want to know more about bikes

Hi, I'm also liked chicka, I'm a small girl but I love the busa but I've heard that's too big for me and I need something smaller, I was thinking about the gsx-r 600 or 750, what does anyone think? I also want some riding buddies to hang with and to have more friends so looking for people in my area but would love friends from anywhere as well. I'm in south Georgia and will ride to florida and other areas around. What can anyone tell me about sport bikes anyways? How well do they ride and handle, what's involved in getting a license for one, do you have to take a class? Just all sorts of stuff for a begineer, I want to know about it.
Teekeela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:16 PM   #15
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

I'm "old school"...the first time I rode a "sport bike" was the "crotch rocket" that came out. (I believe it was the first???) It was my second year of college in 1986 when I first rode a Kawasaki Ninja 600R. What a rush that was!!! Shortly after that, I had the opportunity to ride a Yamaha FJ1100 (or 1200...I can't remember for sure) for a few months. It dwarfed the Ninja by a few pounds. But again...it was a rush.

I can't be of any help these days on the bike scene as I've been banned from riding bikes again unless I want to live on my own... Sometimes it sounds good...but for the most part I don't.

PS...this is some old thread revival there Teekeela!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2

Last edited by BavarianWheels : 02-23-2004 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Oh...just the PS
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote