Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2004, 08:19 PM   #16
Inygknok
El del Supra

actually, the RX-7 would win in a track with a handfull of tight turns, not just any turn. teh Supra can manage mid to high speed turns quite well, it's when it's in its lower gears that it really starts being a pain in the ass cuz of how strong it is. not to mention Inline engines have a high center of gravity, atleast those vertically set like in the Supra, while in the meantime, the Rotary in the RX-7 gives it a huge advantage cuz of the very reduced rotational mass and center of gravity.

but a track with not that many tight turns, the Supra would stand a very good chance of beating the RX-7..... i guess it would depend on wat track it is, n the conditions of the road.

Here are the Supra ratios.

RX-7 gear ratios.

But i agree, the RX-7 vs Supra battle would be the best of all, except if 2 equal drivers r used at the 1/4 mile, the Supra would win. its the track that would be extremely good to watch, both, one with many tight turns, and one with a medium or high average speed.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #17
soljahx
CF Newbie

hmm what do you guys think about these match up's....

Supra Twin Turbo vs S2000
or
Supra Twin Turbo vs Subaru WRX Sti

high tech's and khakis when jackin'
saw'd off, there's really no place to runnnn...
niggaz get vicious with my clique,
cuz even the bitches carry gunnnnssss....

...bone thugs n harmony..
soljahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:53 PM   #18
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by soljahx
hmm what do you guys think about these match up's....

Supra Twin Turbo vs S2000
or
Supra Twin Turbo vs Subaru WRX Sti

why don't you start two new threads, be better that way

the Supra vs the S2000 won't be much of a match up but the Supra vs WRX STi, i would love to see the response on that! i would still think the Supra would win no doubts!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #19
importluva
Obsessed with imports

The S2000, when equipped with a good driver, will dominate in auto-x events.
The facts say it has 240 hp, 162 tq, @ 2835lbs. Again, there is a considerable weight difference. BUT, the supra simply has too much torque and hp for the s2000 to handle. S2000 will most definitely lose in the drag.

With the STi, things get a lot more interesting. Its amazing how different these two cars are. the STi's awd gives it considerable advantage from a stop, allowing it to pull insane 60' times and pull low 13s with a good driver. The specs read 300hp 300tq @ 3263lbs. I would say, from a stop, the STi will stay ahead til about 100mph, then get walked by the supra. From a roll, the STi will stay ahead for a little bit before getting walked by the supra.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #20
Inygknok
El del Supra

IMO, the only car that can actually rival the Supra in ANY sort of competition is the Skyline. both of them have enough advantages to just end up in a bitch slapping contest between the drivers just to prove who won. in my opinion, those r the kings of their class in overall performance and superiority, hands down. third, IMO, the RX-7 due to its lightness and great manuverability advantages, then somehow some sort of close match between the Evo, Sti, and NSX (nsx being the slowest one, but it certainly does have the best handling out of the 3), then at the end the 300zx, n the 3kgt..... i wouldnt class the s2000 in the same category as the rest of these cars, atleast not in stock trim. maybe at the far end since it needs to get abused to actually TRY to keep up with the rest.

thats just my $.02

Old 06-14-2004, 08:41 PM   #21
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

i would have to agree, only the nissan skyline can challenge the supra
Old 06-14-2004, 09:41 PM   #22
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
i would have to agree, only the nissan skyline can challenge the supra

A Yugo could challenge a Supra.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:35 PM   #23
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Oh get the hell outta here. A Skyline being the only thing to compete with a Supra? I think not. You guys speak of the Supra like its some god.. The average Supra can do what 12's high 11's (with a moderarate ammount of tuning) Lets face it everyone does'nt have the time, money, and patience to make a 10 second car. So assuming we are at the average 1/4th drag race. There are plenty of other cars that if tuned well enough could easily step in the Supras ass. S2K possibly being one of those, cause I've seen those things come off the factory doing 13's.

Lets be realistic, I've seen lots of people with supras, even ones that have deep pockets. Still they claim that their 1/4 mile times are somwhere between 11's and 12's. Sure the Supra can get lower but again the average person just aint capable of such things. Again importluva speaks of the AWD being walked once speeds reach 100+. I have no idea how you reach that conclusion and I've never seen it on da streets. Almost everytime on a 1/4th drag the AWD jumps and accelerates faster, and even after 100+ mph the RWD is still loosing, may be gaining, but "walking" I think not. Sometimes the facts don't mean anything more HP and TQ don't always mean you're gonna win. I've seen a CRX take down a Supra. Simply because the CRX is a hell of alot smaller and has a higher P2W Ratio....You guys are speaking of stock car, wich is no fun who races stock? Throw some variables into the mix, lets make this interesting..

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:44 PM   #24
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

YEAH! lets make it more intresting guys!

btw, isn't yugo a european car? cos if it is, it's not welcome here, ONLY ASIAN IMPORTS ALLOWED
Old 06-14-2004, 11:37 PM   #25
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Umm Iono... I think a Yugo is Euro so its welcome here its ok...

Old 06-14-2004, 11:44 PM   #26
Inygknok
El del Supra

we r talking about stock trim cars cuz thats wat the whole thread is about, stock trim cars of this class. just read the first few posts, its clear there.

sure, a modded crx can take down a Supra. in fact, any modded car can take down any other stock trim car.

money factors only depend on the person, cuz ive seen people spend $80,000 on their s2000's and honestly dont have much to claim to back it up..... while others spending less than half of that can claim more.

it all depends on how do u invest ur money and where and on wat, and how u r able to put it to good use. over here in PR we can tune any sort of car for extremely low amounts of money.

we have a saying, "Dale a un americano un carro y hace que baje 11 segundos con $20,000. Dale el mismo carro a un boricua y hace que baje 11 segundos diariamente con $5,000"

translation: Give an American a car and he will make it pull 11's with $20,000. Give the same car to a boricua and it will pull 11's daily with $5,000.

and its true, he has a 2jz in a 1986 corolla with quite a few mods (drag only car). it only cost him $7,000 to do the entire conversion, fluidyne radiator, single turbo set up, 10 point roll cage (maybe less, ill ask), huge intercooler, n lots more.

thing is, u dont always need to buy everything brand new. hell, i was offered a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo with only 2 1/4 mile races on it for $300, and its actual value was of over $1,000. sometimes, buying used parts is sooooooooo much cheaper n u get the same performance. im getting my new pistons treated and such, same with everything else, even re-upholstery and a new driveshaft, and it totals out in under $5,000.

final point, just read the whole money management thing :P

Old 06-15-2004, 12:20 AM   #27
fyse0
CF Newbie

supra is my bet for both answers to the original question. more stock hp i believe and more mods available.
fyse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:21 AM   #28
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Arghemm* Read the first post.. Yeah I started this I think I would know what this post is about... . Um yeah irregaurdless to how much money you have, I said alot of cars are capable of pulling 10's but not everyone has the time and money. 11-10 is a big gap. 1 second may not seem like alot, but it is in the world of drag racing. Umm yeah the Supra that was taken down by the CRX was not stock. He claimed high high 11's and had the engine to back it. I'm just saying using the average potential of a car(because only magazines and dumb kids race stock cars)because thats what makes the race fun. Adding parts and tuning the car to race it. Sure all the facts could prove that a stock car would another stock, thats simple calculations no fun there. And thank you for pointing out that a modded car could walk a stock car, I really did'nt know that man..

I have no idea why you are telling me about money managment? N did you ever think that people who spend 80,000 on a car its probably there only or predomenant car. Not everyone has the time to make their daily driver into a full drag car with a roll cage(ever try putting some friends in the back seat of car with a rollcage?) $80,000 could easily be spent on an S2K with ICE,Suspension,Motor Upgrades,Interior,Paintjob,Wheels etc.. Not everyone wants a drag car. But some people do like cars that have go and show. If somone had $80,000 in the first place they could easily turn a car into a drag, its not that they don't manage their money its just they have other means than turning a $40,000 car into a shitty looking drag car. And maybe people like the security of buying things brand new or spending $10,000 on a paint job. Or buying $1600/piece Sparco seats or $3600 Turbos and Superchargers. Spending $5000 on an interior job. If they have the bugger pockets then speding $80,000 on a car is managing their money...

Old 06-15-2004, 12:27 AM   #29
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Umm Iono... I think a Yugo is Euro so its welcome here its ok...

aint this board only for asian imports? im sure it is

the yugo talk shoud go over in the european board and if you want to compare the yugo to the supra, take it in the general board....why bend the rules hey
Old 06-15-2004, 02:03 AM   #30
Inygknok
El del Supra

then people who like spending alot of money on rims, and paintjobs, etc, shouldnt complain about having deep pockets then. many people could have deep pockets n still dont spend so much money on stuff like that. so the whole spending alot of money and time, it just depends on u, and u only.

u need to decide wat u wanna spend money on and how much, and how.