Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2004, 04:57 AM   #31
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
aint this board only for asian imports? im sure it is

the yugo talk shoud go over in the european board and if you want to compare the yugo to the supra, take it in the general board....why bend the rules hey

I don't see why he can't mention a European car. I certainly don't mind.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:16 AM   #32
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
then people who like spending alot of money on rims, and paintjobs, etc, shouldnt complain about having deep pockets then. many people could have deep pockets n still dont spend so much money on stuff like that. so the whole spending alot of money and time, it just depends on u, and u only.

u need to decide wat u wanna spend money on and how much, and how.

Right.. I have no idea what you are talking about . Yes so back on topic.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:20 AM   #33
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
I don't see why he can't mention a European car. I certainly don't mind.

i don't mind either but what i was tryin' to get him to realise was that over here, we're only tryin' to compare other japanese models to the Supra!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:08 AM   #34
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Again importluva speaks of the AWD being walked once speeds reach 100+. I have no idea how you reach that conclusion and I've never seen it on da streets. Almost everytime on a 1/4th drag the AWD jumps and accelerates faster, and even after 100+ mph the RWD is still loosing, may be gaining, but "walking" I think not.

That is fact, go and race an AWD car, at a safe place, and see for yourself. At 100mph, depending on the power of the car, that is about 1/4 mile, so you can't go to a drag strip to see it the AWD get walked.
But, hypothetically, if you take a stock Evo8 and a stock Nissan 350z with equal drivers, and race to 130mph. THe evo will get a good jump but will get walked after 100mph. Its just fact.

I used the Evo and the Z in this example b/c their whp total is about equal. The evo puts down 225-240whp, the Z puts down 230-250whp. Therefore, the main differences must be the gearing, distribution of power, and AWD/RWD. The Z has superior gearing, top end power, and RWD to kill the evo at high speeds. Hell, even from a roll say 30mph, the Evo will soon get walked. Its just fact.

But if you take the STi vs 350z, even from a roll, the Z will have a hard time beating the STi. This is b/c of STi gearing, AWD headstart, wide powerband, and enormous hp/torque in the STi. The STi puts more power to the ground and is a 6-speed, unlike the Evo.

Last edited by importluva : 06-16-2004 at 01:10 AM.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:13 AM   #35
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Interesting, but some 1/4rth's can reach 130mph. Even still the RWD car won't have enough space and or time to come back. Yeah ,race to 130mph, but there is no such class of racing(or at least I've never heard) its all quarter mile and if you can't walk a car in the quartermile then your car just aint better than the opposition(where I come from).

I understand the RWD at higher speeds but I've never seen any normal 10-second car pull faster than 140mph on a 1/4th. So again, I don't see it happening on a quarter mile and a quarter mile is what I was fererring to.

I'll completly disregaurd your last paragraph from that statment. No one cares if an STi can beat a Z33.... I mean what do they have like a 60HP and 1gear difference? Haha, not even cool man, not cool....

Old 06-16-2004, 03:30 AM   #36
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Interesting, but some 1/4rth's can reach 130mph. Even still the RWD car won't have enough space and or time to come back. Yeah ,race to 130mph, but there is no such class of racing(or at least I've never heard) its all quarter mile and if you can't walk a car in the quartermile then your car just aint better than the opposition(where I come from).
Im not referring to any CLASS of racing, but simply helping you understand a fact

I understand the RWD at higher speeds but I've never seen any normal 10-second car pull faster than 140mph on a 1/4th. So again, I don't see it happening on a quarter mile and a quarter mile is what I was fererring to.
I dont give a damn about 1/4 mile traps, as i already stated. The cars i used in the comparison, which you should be familiar with, can not go that fast in the 1/4th stock, so dont even consider the 1/4 in this illustration.

I'll completly disregaurd your last paragraph from that statment. No one cares if an STi can beat a Z33
I was merely pointing out that all AWD cars are not weak, that AWD cars can hold up up top with the right amount of power, gearing, and power band.

.... I mean what do they have like a 60HP and 1gear difference? Haha, not even cool man, not cool....
WTF is a Z33? And no, the Z has 287hp, 280 something tq, so no, its not a pushover, and its a 6-speed

PS. you need to work on your spelling. proof read your posts more often.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:52 AM   #37
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

YOU don't know what a Z33 is? Maybe you should be checking the facts. You ever heard of a S13 or 240SX? Z33 is another name for the 350Z(just letting you know). Anyways thats irrelevant and also my spelling, so long as you can understand it. This is'nt english man,get a grip partner..

Um yeah I'm considering all of them in 1/4rth becuase that is what cars are commonly judged on by speed not who can get to 130mph quickest. Thats not even a realistic thing I would come across, unless racing on the highway wich is something I would never do.

I don't care if you don't care about 1/4rths but everyone else seems to set that as a standard. You can judge a car by 130mph if you want, but that does'nt really mean anything. Again I said I fully understand the idea of an AWD loosing at high speeds but again I said 1/4 mile...No matter if the car pulls 10's or 15's.

Old 06-16-2004, 03:56 AM   #38
importluva
Obsessed with imports

YOU don't know what a Z33 is? Maybe you should be checking the facts. You ever heard of a S13 or 240SX? Z33 is another name for the 350Z(just letting you know).
Thanks. I know what an S13/240sx is.

Again I said I fully understand the idea of an AWD loosing at high speeds but again I said 1/4 mile...No matter if the car pulls 10's or 15's.
Good, thats all i need to know.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:00 AM   #39
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

I see we come to terms where we can agree.. *cough* 3000GT *cough*

Old 06-16-2004, 04:04 AM   #40
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I see we come to terms where we can agree.. *cough* 3000GT *cough*

Old 06-16-2004, 04:09 AM   #41
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva

You know I never noticed but that damn DBZ avitar you have makes everything you post seem like you're angry.. Does'nt it?

Old 06-16-2004, 04:15 AM   #42
importluva
Obsessed with imports

I never really thought about that. Thought the pic looked cool, so i stole it from another forum. But no anger here, just heated debate/discussion.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:20 AM   #43
importluva
Obsessed with imports

check OT for a vid of supra.

Last edited by importluva : 06-16-2004 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:24 AM   #44
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
I never really thought about that. Thought the pic looked cool, so i stole it from another forum. But no anger here, just heated debate/discussion.
No anger here my subaru dwelling friend...

Old 06-16-2004, 11:27 AM   #45
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

i quite enjoyed readin' that Importluva and DSMer, pretty good!

the way the whole thing took off and then came back down to earth again. pretty damn well amazin'. i though it wasn't ever goin' to stop

can i join in with the coughin' 3000GT thing DSMer?

damn! that figure on the avitar is pretty angry, i just realised too but you know what they say, nothin' is like what it seems to be on the outside

S14? thats the silvia right? i didn't know about the S13 thanks guys!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote