Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #46
TanyasMkIISupra
CF Newbie

Got my 1st close up look under the hood of a 3000GT VR4, and HOLY GAWD what a mess.
Supra wins hands down, weight to power ratio, regardless of the AWD GT.
Supra also wins "easier to work on"
The VR4, it's so packed under the hood I could hardly get my tiny hands anywhere. I can't imagine ever owning one and wanting to work on it myself. Maybe if the bloody engine wasn't transverse it'd be easier, but inline-6 is just a better balanced engine anyway
Old 06-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #47
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyasMkIISupra
Got my 1st close up look under the hood of a 3000GT VR4, and HOLY GAWD what a mess.
Supra wins hands down, weight to power ratio, regardless of the AWD GT.
Supra also wins "easier to work on"
The VR4, it's so packed under the hood I could hardly get my tiny hands anywhere. I can't imagine ever owning one and wanting to work on it myself. Maybe if the bloody engine wasn't transverse it'd be easier, but inline-6 is just a better balanced engine anyway

Haha um your name shows otherwise buddy. Yeah they do have pretty tight engine bays but after you get a kit to relocate the battery and turn the intake into two sepearte leads instead of one lead with two heads the space clears up. I'm not really a fan of the VG.. err um I forget the numbers on the engine, but I would take a 3000GT over a supra anyday... It does'nt take but a few hours of mantime and a few grand to gets ome weight up out that bad boy and some more ponies to da wheels.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 08:32 PM   #48
TanyasMkIISupra
CF Newbie

My name shows different "buddy"? what is all that supposed to mean?
Old 06-18-2004, 08:41 PM   #49
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyasMkIISupra
My name shows different "buddy"? what is all that supposed to mean?

He's lost!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:36 PM   #50
Inygknok
El del Supra

i thought him being lost was old news

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #51
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Your another supra lover like Inyg over here. Your name shows that you're a Supra fanboi wich is why you're talkinga bout a VR-4 Engine bay. Hey the Supras is'nt exaclty the prettiest either... Best engine bay has to go to the S2K...IMO

Old 06-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #52
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
i thought him being lost was old news

It's simply news to Tanya.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:55 AM   #53
TanyasMkIISupra
CF Newbie

you guys missed understood me
I didn't mean it's engine bay is "ugly" just packed! And most Supras engine bays are not as packed as what I saw in the VR4. I actually like the VR4, I'm not biased because I own a Supra, lol The engine bay is very nice, but it's also very busy, and I imagine not easy to work on. I also prefer engines to sit the "right way" and not transverse. Those are personal opnions. If an engine bay looks too empty or too busy, it kinda irks me, but at least if the engine bay is a little spacey, it's easy to work on.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:08 AM   #54
Inygknok
El del Supra

shes right... i love my car's engine bay. its got enough space all around so u can get ur hands into hard to reach spots. its pretty much a very straightforward space to work in without feeling that it's empty, cuz theres enough stuff in it in the right spots to make it look like a happy city made in sim city :P. the only drawback from the supra is that it's a long engine bay, so u have to move around alot if ur a short person, im just lucky for being 6'4", so i can pretty much lean over the entire engine and just have to move around if i really need to get into a more comfortable position, but thats it really.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:17 AM   #55
JimmyJJ
CF Newbie

http://popularmechanics.com/popmech/...907AUCTBM.html

hmm 13.44 in the 1/4 beats supras and 300zx's all day long(yes this is second gens, first gens run 13.7) just because your seeing some guys babying a 12 year old sports car doesnt mean it doesnt run fast.

you guys need to inform yourself this sounds like a ricer forum. Do your homework before you talk

And 350z's only beat Evos in crazy world or when they shut down

you also need to learn about gearing and dont over exaggerate awd train loss.

i mean a 3000gt will do 160mph... if your logic worked it wouldnt go over 120

there are no "real" drag 3000gt's that ive ever heard of or seen. Supra's dump 100's of thousands into their drag programs(titan, mvp ring a bell?) so no there are no 3000gts's in the 9's.
JimmyJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:30 AM   #56
SunDown13X VR4
CF Enthusiast

I wasnt going to post anything... but what ever...

my friend joe... has stock 94 vr4 with just K&N intake ... (is stock since you cant find a car without it... lol) he ran a 13.01 @ 105 mph... its all about knowing how to drive an awd car... EVO, STI, or VR4/Stealth RT TT, just drop the clutch at 6K+ and you will smoke anything off the line! Highway pulls... well thats a different story... but we are talking about 1/4s

D.

Click Here for Mod List
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 "Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1991"
"VTEC - All the lag, but without the turbos... Its like waiting for bad sex..." - Sean K./CTECH
SunDown13X VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:36 AM   #57
importluva
Obsessed with imports

hmm 13.44 in the 1/4 beats supras and 300zx's all day long(yes this is second gens, first gens run 13.7) just because your seeing some guys babying a 12 year old sports car doesnt mean it doesnt run fast.

you guys need to inform yourself this sounds like a ricer forum. Do your homework before you talk

Hmm. If we really are ricers, then you are not much better than us. You seem to like to mag race, so stfu already.

From a roll, driver's race but edge does go to the Z (stock for stock)

you also need to learn about gearing and dont over exaggerate awd train loss

Who the hell are you referring to? AWD trannys in general have upto 20% drivetrain loss, but it depends on the car...

Sorry if you don't believe, but AWD cars are best off the line, they lose a lot of oomph from a roll b/c AWD sucks at speed. Sure they can reach 160mph no problem, but a lot slower than similarly powered FWD and RWD cars.

Now troll, i suggest you go back to wherever you came from. Get lost.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:41 AM   #58
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJJ

you also need to learn about gearing and dont over exaggerate awd train loss.

there are no "real" drag 3000gt's that ive ever heard of or seen. Supra's dump 100's of thousands into their drag programs(titan, mvp ring a bell?) so no there are no 3000gts's in the 9's.

Quote:
my friend joe... has stock 94 vr4 with just K&N intake ... (is stock since you cant find a car without it... lol) he ran a 13.01 @ 105 mph... its all about knowing how to drive an awd car... EVO, STI, or VR4/Stealth RT TT, just drop the clutch at 6K+ and you will smoke anything off the line! Highway pulls... well thats a different story... but we are talking about 1/4s

A Stock Supra Twin Turbo should never be able to beat a 3000GT on a drag. Its a "close" race but Supra should loose everytime if the GTO driver can do just that. `95 Supra Twin Turbo Drag Runs

And I don't care about you importluva and your "mag raced" opinions. I specifacally stated at the start of this forum 1/4rth mile runs, No from a roll crap or up to 130. And you of all people should not be talking about "mag raced" opinions. These are all facts that word you love so much. With equal drivers the Supra would loose to the 3000GT by about 1 second or less.

Last edited by DSMer : 06-29-2004 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:42 AM   #59
SunDown13X VR4
CF Enthusiast

VW RAbbit kills Supra on Highway:
right click---save as

VR4 killing 911 Turbo Porsche
right click---save as

Click Here for Mod List
"VTEC - All the lag, but without the turbos... Its like waiting for bad sex..." - Sean K./CTECH
Old 06-29-2004, 04:48 AM   #60
SunDown13X VR4
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
A Stock Supra Twin Turbo should never be able to beat a 3000GT on a drag. Its a "close" race but Supra should loose everytime if the GTO driver can do just that. `95 Supra Twin Turbo Drag Runs

And I don't care about you importluva and your "mag raced" opinions. I specifacally stated at the start of this forum 1/4rth mile runs, No from a roll crap or up to 130. And you of all people should not be talking about "mag raced" opinions. These are all facts that word you love so much. With equal drivers the Supra would loose to the 3000GT by about 1 second or less.

yes... stock vs stock a supra will lose in a 1/4 race vs a vr4/rt tt. It will not be by a lot, but it will lose... (and yes I have seen it... and yes I have driven both!) now lets move on to the next subject...

Click Here for Mod List