Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
reefster
CF Newbie

Worst Case Scenario

Hello,
I decided to change my own oil today and bought the wrong oil filter. I live in Brussels and not an easy task from here. I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler 2.4 DOHC and bought the 2.5L when Mechanic said would be fine. This Fram PH 16 is larger but the gaskets line up and not leaking any oil. It is however so close to a bolt in Engine you can't fit a piece of paper between. I drive to Germany tomorrow and would like some helpful advice if possible.

Thank You
reefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefster
Hello,
I decided to change my own oil today and bought the wrong oil filter. I live in Brussels and not an easy task from here. I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler 2.4 DOHC and bought the 2.5L when Mechanic said would be fine. This Fram PH 16 is larger but the gaskets line up and not leaking any oil. It is however so close to a bolt in Engine you can't fit a piece of paper between. I drive to Germany tomorrow and would like some helpful advice if possible.

Thank You
As long as the rubber gasket lines up and it screws on ok, you should be fine, different manufacturers products often cary in size anyway!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
reefster
CF Newbie

Smile Thanks Cliffy

You Put my mind at ease, 3.5 hour drive tomorrow and with only 14K miles still owe on it
reefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 06:10 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefster
You Put my mind at ease, 3.5 hour drive tomorrow and with only 14K miles still owe on it
LOL.....having said that, it aint ideal so I suggest you swap it for the correct filter when you can, wont do any harm though...dont panic lol, it's just that the inside will be different...(The filter itself)

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote