Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
sbennett333
CF Newbie

2001 Neon Radio Dead

My battery died last week and I have since installed a new one and now my Factory Radio will not come on. I have taken it to Dodge and they tried the fuses but they didn't have any success. I am trying to find the "CODE" to enter online without much luck. Can someone help?
sbennett333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

If you mean "code" like on BMW head units, then your dealer should have that information or it'll be in the vehicles operating manual...for a 2001 it should be close by.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
sbennett333
CF Newbie

No I took it to a Dodge dealer yesterday and they stated I might need a code to enter on the radio dials to get it back up and running. The light on the Bass and Trebble buttons are flashing on and off so the radio is getting power, however it is not doing anything else.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
sbennett333
CF Newbie

the code is no where to be found in my owners manual
Old 06-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbennett333
the code is no where to be found in my owners manual

Is the head unit stock for the car or is it aftermarket?

If it is aftermarket, call the mfgr.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:48 PM   #6
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Is the head unit stock for the car or is it aftermarket?

If it is aftermarket, call the mfgr.

This sounds very familiar to the "theftlock" system found on select GM vehicle's radios such as the "moonsoon system." I am not familiar with the Chrysler way they do it.....BUT, if you have not CHANGED the code since owning the car, then the generic code that the manufacturer programed into it should be printed in the owner's manual and certainly if not, the dealer should be able to assist. If this radio is aftermarket, we're pissing up a rope here entirely.

If all else fails, there may be an INTERNAL fuse INSIDE the radio that will have to be pulled in order to get it to reset itself. This one's really on you because other than what's been stated, none of us can really help you. Good luck!
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:21 PM   #7
sbennett333
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
This sounds very familiar to the "theftlock" system found on select GM vehicle's radios such as the "moonsoon system." I am not familiar with the Chrysler way they do it.....BUT, if you have not CHANGED the code since owning the car, then the generic code that the manufacturer programed into it should be printed in the owner's manual and certainly if not, the dealer should be able to assist. If this radio is aftermarket, we're pissing up a rope here entirely.

If all else fails, there may be an INTERNAL fuse INSIDE the radio that will have to be pulled in order to get it to reset itself. This one's really on you because other than what's been stated, none of us can really help you. Good luck!

Thanks so much guys. I will probably end up taking it to a sound system place like extreme audio...thanks for the input though