Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2003, 02:52 AM   #1
cs440

help!!!: what car fits what I want?

hey i'm new to the board. I would just like to know what you guys would suggest for me. I am looking to buy a different car and i want it to have some balls. Something that would cost me around $10,000. Tell me what you guys would buy if you wanted a car that had some nuts and that i could just cruise around in. I may want to add parts to it also (body kit, performance parts, ect.). So with that in mind to what car would fit me the best? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:03 AM   #2
cs440

anyone?
Old 03-05-2003, 02:26 AM   #3
Aten

depends on your personal preferences, do you like chevy, ford, import, chrysler?

I would go with a stang personally, just make sure you get the 50 or the 58L, the 4 cylinder and the 6 cyl suck(dont remember if stangs came with a 6 cyl or not). A vette, older one that is, camaro, certain imports are good for modding, like older supras(maybe, depends on how much you wanna fork over for it)
Old 03-12-2003, 03:17 AM   #4
animan

personally i would go with a stang. they have man campatable parts and they are easy to modify.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:06 PM   #5
2k3SVTCobra
CF Newbie

I would have to agree with the above....mustangs are definitely cheap and can easily be modded on a budget. The upgrades are endless. Honda's are great for reliability and can also be modded but more expensive than domestics Oh, you said balls....OK, forget hondas unless you have a lot of cash for a turbo. Back to Mustangs, You can get an early 90's 5.0 or late 80's 5.0 and have money to spare for some bolt-ons. They are pretty reliable since the 5.0's are low reving cars with gobs of tourque. Camaros are good too but feel too big for my taste. I see them all the time in my rear view mirror although they can be modded to be nasty fast also. Good luck.
Custom CAI
Flowmaster 2-chambers
2k3SVTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:46 AM   #6
Arthur
On Probation

if your willing to spend 10 grand on a car, if your going to get used, get something thats already fast not a slow poke 5.0
the 1986 944 turbo's are nice and pretty cheap, not the fastest cars but faster than a 5.0 and Realy nice.

maybe a second gen mr2 turbo
maybe a second gen 300zx TT
awd turbo eclipse/laser
280zx turbo

i cant think of any real good american sports car...... the only good camaro and mustangs are the ss and the cobra/svt
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 11:35 PM   #7
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

i'd forget the stang idea , and get an MKIII supra to set yourself apart from the everyday mustang, not that stangs r bad or anything.
suprarx7TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 04:40 AM   #8
LwnGy83
CF Newbie

I'd forget the stangs and go for a camaro Z28... Stock they are faster than the stangs and they upgrade easily.
LwnGy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:11 AM   #9
Arthur
On Probation

Re: help!!!: what car fits what I want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs440
hey i'm new to the board. I would just like to know what you guys would suggest for me. I am looking to buy a different car and i want it to have some balls. Something that would cost me around $10,000. Tell me what you guys would buy if you wanted a car that had some nuts and that i could just cruise around in. I may want to add parts to it also (body kit, performance parts, ect.). So with that in mind to what car would fit me the best? Thanks.

second gen 300zx TT
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:47 PM   #10
HERETIC_666
CF Newbie

i can get one for 10 grand but there r to costly to do up and if anyhting goes wrong it will cost u another 10 grand to fix, old cars are easy to do up easy to fix anyone could do most of the work them selves u could buy a nice ride for 10 grand or even 5 grand and have 5 to start to do up the car. Ford, chevie, dodge, lead sleds all great cars that will last alot longer then an imported plastic toy car
HERETIC_666 is offline   Reply With Quote