Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2004, 07:21 PM   #1
helpmefixit
CF Newbie

Red face How to get rust stains off

Hi,
I just got a hell of a nice 1990 Buick Electra Park Avenue. Now the car is in great shape Interior and Extior. Only problem is there is a bit of rust near the bottom. nothing bigger than a nickel in size (with' and length) and there is only about 2 places on the bottom of the car where it is like that. Now call me crazy and all.... But i'm a fussy guy when it comes to my cars , My wife can vouge for that,lol. Now how is the best way to touch that up? or just get the rust stain off? in one area it's not even rust it's just a stain from it. Any help i'd appricate

Dan
helpmefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:29 PM   #2
dmills27ny
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmefixit
Hi,
I just got a hell of a nice 1990 Buick Electra Park Avenue. Now the car is in great shape Interior and Extior. Only problem is there is a bit of rust near the bottom. nothing bigger than a nickel in size (with' and length) and there is only about 2 places on the bottom of the car where it is like that. Now call me crazy and all.... But i'm a fussy guy when it comes to my cars , My wife can vouge for that,lol. Now how is the best way to touch that up? or just get the rust stain off? in one area it's not even rust it's just a stain from it. Any help i'd appricate

Dan
try a heavy grit rubbing compound for the rust stain, it should take it right off
dmills27ny is offline   Reply With Quote