Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 05:08 AM   #1
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind
 
aerith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 541
Accord? Inspire?

Hmmm, the accord that we get in North America is actually called the "Inspire" in Japan. And the TSX is the accord the rest of the world gets. (I already knew this, ahah) I'm assuming that the rumored TSX Type S is the Accord Euro R. But what about the Accord Coupe; Inspire Coupe? And what about the TL and the RL? Are those exclusive cars to North America? Cause i doubt any other continents will have them, if the japanese do not have the TL and RL themselves. I am speaking of the new RL, cause i am aware that the previous generation RL was produced in Asia as well. Under the name of Honda Legend i think.
__________________


--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:57 AM   #2
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
already done this once... but hey, its fun



-acura RL + Honda legend
RL


legend


jdm euro accord = TSX
TSX


euro accord


integra =RSX
RSX


Integra

and ETC...

if you want... go to www.honda.co.jp its kinda easy to navigate through... for me anyways, just look at the bottem of your browser as you put your mous over a link, and you can see what it will go to. have fun
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #3
cinqyg
CF Freak
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
Hmmm, the accord that we get in North America is actually called the "Inspire" in Japan. And the TSX is the accord the rest of the world gets. (I already knew this, ahah) I'm assuming that the rumored TSX Type S is the Accord Euro R. But what about the Accord Coupe; Inspire Coupe? And what about the TL and the RL? Are those exclusive cars to North America? Cause i doubt any other continents will have them, if the japanese do not have the TL and RL themselves. I am speaking of the new RL, cause i am aware that the previous generation RL was produced in Asia as well. Under the name of Honda Legend i think.


well it makes sence to rebadge as translations work. VW in the 70's prime example
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
and just to add in...over here in the states there's the TSX as an Acura and the accord, which looks like this:
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #5
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
i don't think we got the TL and RL over here in the UK (Europe)
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
do you guys have the legend in the europe?
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:00 AM   #7
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
yeah, we got the Honda Legend in Europe....a guy who lives a few streets away has got one....real massive cars! of course for you americans, thats like standard right?
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:55 AM   #8
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind
 
aerith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 541
Well, if you guys do not have the TL and RL, you guys are missing alot. I am pretty sure the new RL is going to be re-badged as the Legend over there. But the TL is not available to anywhere else but North America. At least to my knowledge.







__________________


--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:20 AM   #9
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
holy shit balls man!! that TL looks incredible!! some one do me a favour and ship one over for me from the states, PLEASE!!

guy that car just looks ace! the performance must be ok to huh?

i think we are missin' or should that be are goin' to be missin' out!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:25 AM   #10
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind
 
aerith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 541
Yep, pretty good performance 270hp Naturally Aspirated V-6 Engine. Probaly best looking and performing import luxury sedan in its class.
__________________


--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:10 AM   #11
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
sure is! whats the price tag on it?
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:14 PM   #12
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
$32,650 (US of course)
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #13
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
to my workin' out in my head that makes it 18,000?

and why didn't you put the dollar symbol like this...$ and then we'll know it's in dollars! only kiddin' of course i know it's in dollars...the whole world knows that symbol

back to track...not a bad price really for the comfort and power that you're gettin' a nice car with nice looks and reasonable power topped up with a decent price that's what i feel any way.

Last edited by WeaponR : 06-22-2004 at 10:41 PM.
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:44 PM   #14
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
to my workin' out in my head that makes it 18,000?

and why didn't you put the dollar symbol like this...$ and then we'll know it's in dollars! only kiddin' of course i know it's in dollars...the whole world knows that symbol

back to track...not a bad price really for the comfort and power that you're gettin' a nice car with nice looks and reasonable power topped up with a decent price that's what i feel any way.

then again, i could have meant canadian that it would be worth about 1... haha im a funny canadian slamming guy... but yeah, back on track, id say its probably worth the price
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:52 PM   #15
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
then again, i could have meant canadian that it would be worth about 1... haha im a funny canadian slamming guy... but yeah, back on track, id say its probably worth the price

yeah, glad you agree

say, could you try and ship one over for us? i'd be very thankful
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.