Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
Ziggy
CF Newbie

Thumbs down Old 69 chevelle, done for?

I want to know what you guys think of this chevelle that has been sitting at my grandmother's house since my dad sold it to my unforgiving uncle. My uncle bought it from my dad about 20 years ago for $500 and never paid it off, so we are taking it back. I want to know what you guys think of the damage this car has. It was in perfect running condition before it was sold and now it looks like this.

WARNING (very picture heavy, dialup users beware.)

http://www.awardsforexcellence.org/My%20Car.htm

(BEWARE!)
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Hey bro heres your car back

ohhh ummm. wheres the wheels infact wheres the engine is that?? .. ummm barb wire in the bonnet? whats the tree branch or plank of wood doing through the hood? wheres the rest of the engine?

Thanks for this post damn look at the car... it will all polish out

If i was your uncle id be running very fast in the opposite direction of your dad!

whoahhh is that ....my car!

A nice before shot. Thanks for the post Really liked the pics man

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #3
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

If I, personally, knew someone that did that to a muscle car I couldn't be responsible for my actions. I would probably hack off their limbs a little at a time with a dull rusty hatchet then pack the wounds full of rock salt and after another couple hours, cut out the tongue, chop up the rest of the body and bury it through out the state...er...I mean...I would scold them for abusing such a car...*whispers* ah yes, scoooooold

I don't know man, that's just wrong. I don't see how someone could abuse a car like that. But on the positive side of things, it looks like the aftermarket intake could be salvaged as well as maybe the hood. What a waste.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

This is gonna sound kinda loopy But in a way its big shame that that car endded up in this condition when compared to if it was look after immaculatly.. . a cars never to late to restore back to a beauty.. But in this case im not sure if its worth it it would be so much work or maybe just everything . No car should be neglacted like this one.. its almost sad I agree with Tbird if someone done that to my car regardless of if there family or not id go crazy in and demand a bit more than .

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
sonny's75
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy
I want to know what you guys think of this chevelle that has been sitting at my grandmother's house since my dad sold it to my unforgiving uncle. My uncle bought it from my dad about 20 years ago for $500 and never paid it off, so we are taking it back. I want to know what you guys think of the damage this car has. It was in perfect running condition before it was sold and now it looks like this.

WARNING (very picture heavy, dialup users beware.)

http://www.awardsforexcellence.org/My%20Car.htm

(BEWARE!)
At firts glance things look bad, but when you really start looking at the pictures alot of the pieces appear to be in good condition, they just need alot of cleaning (sand blaster) and it look like an off the frame restoration at this point. But at least you got it back. Are all the parts there or are you lacking?
sonny's75 is offline   Reply With Quote