Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:51 PM   #16
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
The links that Bav and them block are not for useful things, they are for other forums, or just plane advertising.

I think your taking a rather simplistic view of this.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:02 AM   #17
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
He aint the only one! Introductions are very important, and the advertising is not going out of hand. There are just alot of people not reading the rules, so they have to spell it out for all of them.

Stiman, your being a bit stubborn… there was a few times I've posted threads (ie. "Why does a stick stops faster than an automatic") where I would have the problem where some posters couldn’t help me out because they would have to explain a whole lot and type everything in their own words (which they didn’t feel like doing) rather than just posting up the link where I could go to which would be much more convient. I find that very sad, again, this is a forum.. If the link is under the threads topic and would be helpful than y not? It will help me out, I don’t think that would be advertising.. Even if it was advertising, the point of it was to help the thread starter with knowledge and information. Isnt that the priority? Shouldn’t the first priority be to help the members with knowledge, im starting to think the first priority of this website is to disable all links and pictures that could be helpful. It wouldn’t hurt the website if there was a link or picture would it? But it would hurt the thread starter because he/she wouldn’t be able to get the information he wants. We the members should be the first priority. That’s why I think its getting out of hand.

I've seen some threads where a "poster" would try to put up a picture (Which would've been very helpful for the thread) of a car or item and they would ask them selves "im not sure if its allowed, that might be advertising" man that’s really sad.. That’s basicly taking away our freedom to provide people with knowledge. Come on now. And im not saying that every link every member post up should be allowed, I just think only the helpful ones should remain, what damage could it cost to the website? NOTHING.. But it will cause damage to us members that are lookin for answers.

if posting links, or images is starting to be a problem where that would be concidered "advertising" than we should just stop posting our signatures and profile and just disable everything!

Last edited by Ki2AY : 06-25-2004 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:04 AM   #18
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
I think your taking a rather simplistic view of this.

EXSACTLY! couldnt agree with you more cinqyg!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:10 AM   #19
DodgeRida67
Banned

STiman, you are such an ass kisser. It's obvious your trying your hardest to be elected the next mod of CF.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:12 AM   #20
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
STiman, you are such an ass kisser. It's obvious your trying your hardest to be elected the next mod of CF.

now thats got to be true becuase how oftern are dodge and i on the same side!

I dont think we should have a Sexually Transmitted infection for a mod it doesnt give the right impressions to kids.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:15 AM   #21
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

lets not start any bad relations in here...
Old 06-25-2004, 12:15 AM   #22
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
now thats got to be true becuase how oftern are dodge and i on the same side!

I dont think we should have a Sexually Transmitted infection for a mod it doesnt give the right impressions to kids.

i've noticed you've spelt it twice like that now. it's without the 'r'
Old 06-25-2004, 12:16 AM   #23
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:

i was waiting for someone to say something like that
Old 06-25-2004, 12:16 AM   #24
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
i've noticed you've spelt it twice like that now. it's without the 'r'

i do the funny thing with becuase as well my fingers cant spell.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:17 AM   #25
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
lets not start any bad relations in here...

yeah

i think Importluva should be next mod if there is goin' to be one.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:21 AM   #26
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
yeah

i think Importluva should be next mod if there is goin' to be one.

Not importlova, but maybe we should ge someone to replace BavarianWheels. (bav makes him sound gay, no offence anyone)

I agree to the fact stated that "He is just doing his job" but that's not just what he's doing. We need to cut slack on this advertising thing and just drop the intro crap.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:25 AM   #27
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Not importlova, but maybe we should ge someone to replace BavarianWheels. (bav makes him sound gay, no offence anyone)

I agree to the fact stated that "He is just doing his job" but that's not just what he's doing. We need to cut slack on this advertising thing and just drop the intro crap.

how about, after you get to a certain number of posts or a certain time frame then you can get some of the mods rights, then you get the more senior memebers sharing the load. There are a number of people on here who could be mods, dodge, chris V, SJ, import, cliffy when he comes back, sti etc

I dont have a problem with mods i just think that there doesnt seem to be a recognition that the world has shades of grey not just black and white.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:30 AM   #28
DodgeRida67
Banned

You know, if we stick that big chick in a van then we could have solved that guys problem that needs a van over 6,500LBS
Old 06-25-2004, 12:34 AM   #29
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
You know, if we stick that big chick in a van then we could have solved that guys problem that needs a van over 6,500LBS

well we would ahve to make sure she was in the middle to get thr right sort of balence :p

If he needs a heavy van then get a URAL 375
Old 06-25-2004, 12:35 AM   #30
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

naa i think Importluva would be a good mod, im sure of it!

he seems cool and knows how to have a joke and let a loose on the advertisin' and intro thing
Closed Thread