Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
Inygknok
El del Supra

Initial D

yea yea yea.... im an anime freak, i cant help it. ive loved cartoons since i was a little kid, specially anime.

anyhow, just thought that i should tell to all of those that have heard and seen this series before (and liked it), that the 4th stage has been released (finally). the graphics have been GREATLY improved, both the CGI and the actualy hand drawn ones.

if u havent heard of the series, well its an anime series based on an 18 year old kid that ironically hates driving and eventually becomes known as the fastest drifter in the mountain passes in his area. its also the damn series that got many people hooked up on drifting to begin with (which actually pissed me off, cuz people shouldnt get hooked up on anything just cuz of tv or a cartoon, but cuz they like it. and others think they can kick a$$ just cuz a cartoon makes it look so easy, which in fact its not easy at all).

anyhow, its a must watch, and i certainly enjoyed it, except when everyone keeps saying im like Ryosuke (the main genius and one of the best in the whole series, becomes the mentor of the main character later on).

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:38 AM   #2
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

The cartoon is GAY, and the video game is slightly amusing but even GAYER. I don't like the controls of the arcade. Turning the steeringwheel completley to the left to make a 180 degree drift turn at 50mph would most likely spin you out or take you off course IRL.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
MaChao
CF Newbie

Initial D is awesome...as entertainment. It does manage to get your adrenaline going and making you dream of doing the things they manage to pull off in the show.

BUT...not going to happen. People should smarten up and not even try it. I've heard of so many people trying to drift on the streets and highways. And they all pretty much end in the same way - they spin out and hit a pole or wall. Kinda like that.

Kids: Don't try this at home.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:31 PM   #4
Inygknok
El del Supra

hehe..... i wish my friend Jay (the one with the really messed up Prelude, the nightmare one) could read all of this. back when the first arcade came out, we gave it a try and well, its a fun arcade game to play and i got alot of laughs out of it, but he got so hooked up on it. he would literally go to the nearby mall every single day after class to spend from $5 to $10 (my ex-gf took the same classes as him, so she told me every time he went, his own gf wasnt stupid enough to accompany him).

he would always ask me, "man, if i keep practicing here, i bet i can get just as good as Takumi, cuz i already know the basics in the game, so i can do it IRL too."

i would always just stare at him and wonder how the hell he ever managed to get anywhere in life........ so i just replied to him with, "No Jay, NO."

then he would just get angry and say i was pessimistic

not to mention, he wants me to set up every car i get and ever car i deal with for drifting..... i always say no bluntly, and he always whines about, "dude, so you're going to leave me alone?"......... i wanna kill him so bad.....

still, the series is good. i really liked it, specially the decals from the CGI art, which is wat actually got my attention. i wanted to study that as well and the series kinda got me to give it a shot again.

Old 06-27-2004, 04:03 AM   #5
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

the only thing i like about it is the racing... i hate the story line... imwatching it, and im getting bored, so i fastforward to the races
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:07 AM   #6
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

It looks like a cheesy ass comic book. The characters move like people are holding them on popsiclesticks, and any dumbass who tries to recreate the driving style of that game IRL is just that. A DUMBASS. I should go down to the arcade now and just start beating some Initial D nerds asses to supress the rage of how crappy that tv show is .

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:56 PM   #7
l Ne0K l
CF Newbie

Havn't seen Initial D but I've heard of it. Does it have a point or is it like Dragon Ball Z?
l Ne0K l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:29 AM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra

it has a point, even though i watch DBZ, DBZ just talks too much krap. atleast Initial D has plenty of action in it and u get quite a few laughs out of the japan style comedy.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:47 AM   #9
MaChao
CF Newbie

Initial D also respects real life physics, although they still push its limits.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:04 PM   #10
l Ne0K l
CF Newbie

How many episodes are there? I might just buy the entire series.. lol
l Ne0K l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #11
Inygknok
El del Supra

the entire series isnt out on dvd yet...... 1st stage had around 20 episodes, same with 2nd stage, 3rd stage is just "the movie", and 4th stage was released just now n its not even finished yet.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:10 PM   #12
Vietboi534
CF Newbie

I have a question about the dvd..Does the 1st stage box hold all 21 episodes..because i thought 3 episodes are in 1 dvd and there is 26ish episodes in the 1st stage i also question all the other stages...
Vietboi534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #13
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietboi534
I have a question about the dvd..Does the 1st stage box hold all 21 episodes..because i thought 3 episodes are in 1 dvd and there is 26ish episodes in the 1st stage i also question all the other stages...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Does it really matter how many are in the first stage?

I'm thinking about just buying the entire thing. The digitally remastered version looks awesome.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:31 AM   #14
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

for anyone who watches it, dont get all your knowlege from it... please... its the reason that kids think they know everything about corollas, but in truth, they have no clue...
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:42 AM   #15
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
for anyone who watches it, dont get all your knowlege from it... please... its the reason that kids think they know everything about corollas, but in truth, they have no clue...

Are you kidding me? After I saw 'the fast and the furious', I knew everything about street racing and cars. You can learn anything you want on TV and anime.

(wait for it)............