Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #31
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Why does this thread feel like a AA meeting??....... Hi I am "___"....

Anyways my name is Gregg, go by Voda as well. My car is a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8. She hauls ass still cause I take damn good care of her and like to add a few key features She used to be a lot faster but hey, shes 10 years old now. Thinking of getting her lifted and fitting her with some mudders again. (cept I dont want to pay even more for gas)

Other cars I drive:

1991 Laser RS Turbo (56,000 miles on her)
2004 GMC Yukon Denali

Ill have some pics in the future.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:51 PM   #32
cinqyg
CF Freak

my main beast is a 00 W plate xantia hdi 110 estate, yeah i know hardly the most styleish thing on the road but i do alot of miles and move weapons & samples (big rolls of carbon fibre, kevlar, alumina/SiC/B4C tiles) around and its very good at that, the hydropnematic suspension is a back saver for lifting as you can raise and lower it. all you americans are wondering what the hell i am talking about but there we go, its very queit and comfortable for long distances and it just hit 100,000 miles today.

Probibly replace it with a C5 2.2 hdi estate later on this year.

Other forms of transport, well i have a cinq which needs a new clutch, its on the jobs list. Then i will be selling it.

Recently got a MOWAG 8x8 in at work, lots of fun, but very dificult to park (well aprt from ontop of cars) and not very cheap to run does about 2 miles to the gallon @ 30mph on the flat and about 2 gallons to the mile off road.
On the plus side will climb a 40 degree slope and decend a 45 degree slope drve agross at 50 degree slope, its amphibious so those pesky floods dont prove a problems genrally kicks ass. But then again the base model it is about 2 million so it should do.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #33
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Recently got a MOWAG 8x8 in at work, lots of fun, but very dificult to park (well aprt from ontop of cars) and not very cheap to run does about 2 miles to the gallon @ 30mph on the flat and about 2 gallons to the mile off road.
On the plus side will climb a 40 degree slope and decend a 45 degree slope drve agross at 50 degree slope, its amphibious so those pesky floods dont prove a problems genrally kicks ass. But then again the base model it is about 2 million so it should do.
Now this MOWAG 8X8, is that the PIRANHA concept. I mean is this the concept chosen for the MOWAG Armoured Wheeled Vehicles:

What the heck do you do??
Old 07-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #34
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Now this MOWAG 8X8, is that the PIRANHA concept. I mean is this the concept chosen for the MOWAG Armoured Wheeled Vehicles:

What the heck do you do??

Im a balistic composites engineer, i got this

delivered on tuesday to take some mouldings off to start developing some special stuff for a customer.

They are relitvly easy to drive so i got JM to show me how to drive it and took it for a spin, who needs a dodge viper and 180mph to give you a grin when you have one of these! Unfortunatly i have to give it back at the end of july
Old 07-02-2004, 01:34 AM   #35
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Im a balistic composites engineer, i got this

delivered on tuesday to take some mouldings off to start developing some special stuff for a customer.

They are relitvly easy to drive so i got JM to show me how to drive it and took it for a spin, who needs a dodge viper and 180mph to give you a grin when you have one of these! Unfortunatly i have to give it back at the end of july
That would be a blast to take into town and see if anyone dares to cut you off.......heck even park next to you.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:40 AM   #36
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
That would be a blast to take into town and see if anyone dares to cut you off.......heck even park next to you.

I'd pull right up next to you at a stop light and rev my engine at you . That thing looks like it won't even fit in between the lines on the road. What do you mean park? I think that thing comes with instrutions to just leave in open field.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:35 AM   #37
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:

well it should fit between the lines on the motorway any way, but taking it into town is not really an option. It comes filled up with red diesel so until we have used it all or drained it then its illigal to use it n the road, pluss im not insured. i woulkdnt be to worried about the mowag but more worried about running over things like people and its not like there are many in the area lol.

It will do 60mph and 600 miles to a tank of fuel, the tank is just very very big, we had a warrior (british infantry fighting vehicle) and had to refil that lets put it this way im glad i wasnt paying. The metre on the tanker just kept turning about 750 gallons and hr 1/2 later it was full you have to remember that white diesel here (stuff you can use on the road) is $5 gallon, well unless your the ministry when you get all the tax back.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:41 AM   #38
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I'd pull right up next to you at a stop light and rev my engine at you . That thing looks like it won't even fit in between the lines on the road. What do you mean park? I think that thing comes with instrutions to just leave in open field.

Well i wouldnt want to dent my loverly new mowag (my boss would throttle me)

we have a challenger 2 which is more suited to finding the ideal parking space when its a bit busy.

its a bit on the heavy side at 72 tonnes and it tears the road up but very fun on the test track, we have to drive them round until the armour upgrades fall off!
Old 07-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #39
Simo
CF Newbie

im 18 and i live in new york. i drive a 2001 saturn SL1

American Muscle
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #40
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Unhappy

Quote:
StiMan, if you're only 15 what the hell are you doing driving? I thought 16 was legal licensing age in the USA?

There are some states where you can get your permit very young. Like Kansas- my friend who used to live there says that they get their license at 15 & 1/2. It varies from state to state. Of course Kentucky, in all its glory, decides that waiting until 16 for a permit is a good idea, and that you can't have your license until 16 & 1/2. And to confound the situation even more, Kentucky just passed a law saying that licenses aren't available until one's 17th birthday. Luckily, that's effective for everyone in the birthyear AFTER mine. Lucky me. Still it's been a hells of a long time waiting for my permit.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:10 AM   #41
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

well as the beemer is gone, I'll be driving one of these below till the vr4 arrives.

Would love to be driving that tank though!! then i would be clearing my path down the motorway with ease!

Can I have a go???

btw, how do i put a picture in here rather than just a link to the attachment?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yard shot 001.jpg (14.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Unlicensed : 07-04-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:20 AM   #42
Inygknok
El del Supra

im 19, and live in the island of Puerto Rico (its in the Caribbean, just south east of Florida state).

i drive the white, t-top 1988 Toyota Supra turbo in my sig. other times i drive my mom's 98 Corolla. any other cars that i drive are not my own (or my mom's, but u can say i half own her car i guess), so i wont mention them.

btw, must be fun to drive those huge tanks all day long.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:05 PM   #43
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
im 19, and live in the island of Puerto Rico (its in the Caribbean, just south east of Florida state).

i drive the white, t-top 1988 Toyota Supra turbo in my sig. other times i drive my mom's 98 Corolla. any other cars that i drive are not my own (or my mom's, but u can say i half own her car i guess), so i wont mention them.

Inygknok i have seen your sig mate nice car. i thought id just let you know that it isnt appearing anymore on the forum

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:28 PM   #44
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukaz
Inygknok i have seen your sig mate nice car. i thought id just let you know that it isnt appearing anymore on the forum

not appearing anymore on the forum? i see it just fine....

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:21 PM   #45
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok

The fun wears off after a while trust me