Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2004, 01:13 AM   #1
bberls
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8
tires

hey.. does anyone know anything about goodyear american eagle tires?? the goodyear website says they are sold at walmart, but i cant find a pic or any info about them.If anybody has any info I would appreciate it.. thanks
bberls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:26 AM   #2
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
tires

if the link gets removed or doesn't work, go on to google and search for '1010tires'. you can also purchase tires from there too! i think lol
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:28 AM   #3
bberls
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8
thanks..but i already tried there and they didnt have it on there
bberls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:39 AM   #4
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Do a google for the "tire rack". They test nearly every tire made. And you can select your car and try rims.
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:15 AM   #5
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Yeah man, go to tirerack. My days of buying WallMart tires and Sears tires is over. I have all my tires specially ordered from either a Wheel shop or online. It just works best that way so I can get a better selection for my car..
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
Do a google for the "tire rack". They test nearly every tire made. And you can select your car and try rims.

it's wheels, not rims!

Wheels


got it?
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:34 PM   #7
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
it's wheels, not rims!

Wheels


got it?

Rim: That metal part of a Wheel Assembly. LOL
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:47 PM   #8
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
Rim: That metal part of a Wheel Assembly. LOL

Oh no...here we go again!

Exactly where is that documented?

A rim...by definition...is the outter edge of the wheel/wheel assy. and not the "metal" part of the wheel assy. What if you're talking about a trash dozers "rim"?

Just a friendly conflict of terms that is one of my frustrations.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #9
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
true, just think about the rims in basketball (since i know its not a popular sport in Europe, its the hoop in front of the big glass where u have to throw the ball through.)
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:39 PM   #10
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
lol
If you go to 1010 you'll see posted on their website:

Automotive Rims: AB-Eintz, ADR, Alba, American Eagle, BBS, Black Racing, Boss, DBL-G, Enkei, Falken, Giovanna, G-Racing, Konig, Momo, Motegi, MSR, OZ, Racing Hart, Replica, RH Evolution, RH Pro, Smiths, Voxx

On the New York Stock exchange, these companies are listed as manufactures of rims.

The dealerships and I have been calling them rims for 50 years. There are no wheels listed in Chevy's parts catalog, only rims. How long have you been calling them wheels. Gotta have a tire to make a wheel.

I know what the problem is now. I just need to learn late-model car talk.
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #11
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
lol
If you go to 1010 you'll see posted on their website:

Automotive Rims: AB-Eintz, ADR, Alba, American Eagle, BBS, Black Racing, Boss, DBL-G, Enkei, Falken, Giovanna, G-Racing, Konig, Momo, Motegi, MSR, OZ, Racing Hart, Replica, RH Evolution, RH Pro, Smiths, Voxx

On the New York Stock exchange, these companies are listed as manufactures of rims.

The dealerships and I have been calling them rims for 50 years. There are no wheels listed in Chevy's parts catalog, only rims. How long have you been calling them wheels. Gotta have a tire to make a wheel.

I know what the problem is now. I just need to learn late-model car talk.

are you blind by any chance?

i saw wheels and tires...where did you see the word 'rims'?

check this: 'the absolute authority on tires & wheels'

errmmm can you see 'rims' any where?

also if you go to the manufacturers websites you will find they also call them wheels!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #12
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
are you blind by any chance?

i saw wheels and tires...where did you see the word 'rims'?

check this: 'the absolute authority on tires & wheels'

errmmm can you see 'rims' any where?

also if you go to the manufacturers websites you will find they also call them wheels!

The term wheels is slang...

http://www.1010tires.com/automotive-rims.asp

Hope the links ok.
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:17 AM   #13
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
The term wheels is slang...

http://www.1010tires.com/automotive-rims.asp

Hope the links ok.

i gues all the 'rim' companies are goin' slang then....

yes i can see rims now but it also says 'Selecting a Wheel'...now that's stupid! lol rim or wheel...who cares! wheels sound better to me though...rims is like the 'ghetto' style word nowadays and i've even heard some one say 'dubs'
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #14
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
i gues all the 'rim' companies are goin' slang then....

yes i can see rims now but it also says 'Selecting a Wheel'...now that's stupid! lol rim or wheel...who cares! wheels sound better to me though...rims is like the 'ghetto' style word nowadays and i've even heard some one say 'dubs'

Now this is fun. All the rim companies started this because they wanted to sell rims and tires together. More profit. Then they started calling them wheels instead of wheel assemblies.

Hay we're a team. Lets go find another post to fix.
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:43 AM   #15
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
This is pointeless, we all know that when somone says rim they mean a wheel. Stop moaning like that of a woman and shut yer yappers.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.