Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2005, 02:41 PM   #46
EvilPodAE
CF Enthusiast

115 in my GF's Mazda MX-3
75 in my 93 Topaz
105 in my Dad's 240 Nissan Z (I was like 10 then, No I was not driving)
EvilPodAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #47
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

140MPH in a Mitsubishi Diamante
167MPH in a Subaru WRX
180MPH+ on a Honda CBR 600RR (After 180MPH I never looked down again.)

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:46 PM   #48
Joseph
CF Newbie

some nice cars
Old 02-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #49
Gothicaleigh
CF Newbie

Bounced the needle off the limiter in my CTS at 149mph. Speedometers at that speed really aren't reliable and GM says the top speed of the car is electronically limited to 143...
So we'll just say 140+ and leave it at that...
Old 02-19-2005, 06:57 PM   #50
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
180MPH+ on a Honda CBR 600RR (After 180MPH I never looked down again.)

Passenger or driver?
Old 02-19-2005, 07:10 PM   #51
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Passenger or driver?
DSM does'nt ride bitch on anybodys bike. I drove it down a warehouse/highway like strip. Its a friends of mines personal racing bike. Hes got the engine bored or something added to it to increase the displacemnt. I don't know how that works(I'm not a bike guy). I beleive hes got a nitrous kit on it as well. He's done 200+ on it and he walked many a Haybusa at the tracks.

It gets to 150MPH in no time and I beleive that I probably hit close to 200 within a mere 10-20 seconds of full acceleration over a mile maybe more in disitance. It feels like floating in air and I glanced at the spedo at arround 181 and never looked down again after another 5-6 seconds of acceleration. It was fun, aside from the fact I was head to toe in a full riding suit with pants that grab your nuts like pissed off women.

Old 02-19-2005, 07:12 PM   #52
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
DSM does'nt ride bitch on anybodys bike. I drove it down a warehouse/highway like strip. Its a friends of mines personal racing bike. Hes got the engine bored or something added to it to increase the displacemnt. I don't know how that works(I'm not a bike guy). I beleive hes got a nitrous kit on it as well. He's done 200+ on it and he walked many a Haybusa at the tracks.

It gets to 150MPH in no time and I beleive that I probably hit close to 200 within a mere 10-20 seconds of full acceleration over a mile maybe more in disitance. It feels like floating in air and I glanced at the spedo at arround 181 and never looked down again after another 5-6 seconds of acceleration. It was fun, aside from the fact I was head to toe in a full riding suit with pants that grab your nuts like pissed off women.

ahahaha. yeah. Bikes are awesome, and I'd probably get one in replacement of a car had I not lived in rain city seattle.

If you think the 600 is fast, try to test the 1100. with forced induction, you'll be clinging on to the handlebars for dear life.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:21 PM   #53
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
ahahaha. yeah. Bikes are awesome, and I'd probably get one in replacement of a car had I not lived in rain city seattle.

If you think the 600 is fast, try to test the 1100. with forced induction, you'll be clinging on to the handlebars for dear life.

I don't know what that thing is but we call it the beast. Its got a special frame made from some sort of lightwieght metal. Full carbon fiber body and an exhaust that looks something like a cannon. Like I said he kills guys with GSXR1300s all the time.

Old 02-19-2005, 07:36 PM   #54
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
I don't know what that thing is but we call it the beast. Its got a special frame made from some sort of lightwieght metal. Full carbon fiber body and an exhaust that looks something like a cannon. Like I said he kills guys with GSXR1300s all the time.

vids?
Old 02-19-2005, 07:38 PM   #55
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
vids?

No but I'll take some pics once he takes it out of storage. April is arround the corner..

Old 02-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #56
Inygknok
El del Supra

bah, this is wat happens when u dont have a pc at home, i missed the whole convo in this thread didnt know driving shotgun counted.

well, back when i worked at the water distiller business, my big boss (not my puny boss that had the BMW 330ci n wouldnt run past 60mph) took me for quite a few rides in his viper and modena. i even got to be his chofeur for a while but only in the modena and his wife's Yukon. the viper wasnt stock, so he wouldnt let me touch it except one time, n i only got up to 2nd cuz i was in the street n i really didnt feel like crashing it.

in the modena, i only got it up to 130mph, he told me to slow down (had to obey him..)

in the Yukon, which is my SUV record, 70-75mph!!! hurray for me!!! i was completely terrified of that thing.......

in his viper.... while HE drove.... we probably hit more than 185mph since i freaked out once i saw the speedometer hit 165mph n then he hit the nitrous button...... i still think he needs to find better ways of spending his money than making really fast and strong cars even more dangerous....

other than that, i dont have a motorcycle record since ive never ridden in one.... and i never will unless my gf ever lets me get a chopper... which i wont even dare take close to 100.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.

Last edited by Inygknok : 02-22-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #57
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

A Viper with nitrous? As if 10 cylinders were'nt enough. Since when is nitrous even operated through a button I always thought it just instantly mixed into your fuel(once armed) when you go WOT? I always thought the nitrous buttons were mythical and used only in movies.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #58
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
A Viper with nitrous? As if 10 cylinders were'nt enough. Since when is nitrous even operated through a button I always thought it just instantly mixed into your fuel(once armed) when you go WOT? I always thought the nitrous buttons were mythical and used only in movies.

DSMER how is nitrous activated then? There would be a button that you could activate it right?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:09 AM   #59
DodgeRida67
Banned

There is a button in NOS setups (holley's brand setups) that energizes a "fuel enrichment" soleniod. You hold it down to add the nitrous enrichment. This is NOS, which is holley's brand. I don't know about other systems.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/TechSer...NOSTech6b.html
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #60
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

My 88 GP tops off at 120mph.. found that out after some kid spit on my car and I chased them and... they got away ..., not bad for a bigger car with a lil 2.8, hoping to boost that to a good 130 with the 3.1, should have no problem hitting that. No more people getting away from me.

My Both my old's were governed at I think it was 180kph.. so that about... 110mph? Too bad though, that motor was still pulling when the governor kicked in, those 3.8's were good motors.

Fastest I've ever been in a car was about 240kph (150mph or so i think) and that was in my dads 03 mustang. 4.6 junk.
88GrandPrixSE is offline   Reply With Quote