Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #61
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
A Viper with nitrous? As if 10 cylinders were'nt enough. Since when is nitrous even operated through a button I always thought it just instantly mixed into your fuel(once armed) when you go WOT? I always thought the nitrous buttons were mythical and used only in movies.

yea its by a button, but he doesnt have the ones on the steering wheel. he has one in front of the shift lever (not right in front of it, more like west-northwest of it). i think u can actually call it a switch.... since u can flip it on and off but its just in the form of a button.... u get the point. i never asked him much about it, but im quite sure that by turning the button "on" makes the system kick in at WOT, even though some ppl can program the system to kick in at somewhere before WOT and so on so on.

plus, without exaggerating, he wins over $2,000,000 (yes, 2 million bucks) annualy.... im probably even going really low (never bothered asking cuz its humiliating how much ppl win by just telling jokes in front of 300 ppl and sitting around in an office signing papers). so i guess he doesnt really have much to spend it on...

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #62
mirot
CF Enthusiast

so what type of business does your boss run?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 AM   #63
CarEXPERT
Banned

Does anyone know what purging nitrous (lines) is? Is this better?
How is the fuel mixed with the nitrous on wet systems? Can anyone explain this
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:00 AM   #64
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Does anyone know what purging nitrous (lines) is? Is this better?

Purging your nitrous system's delivery lines clears the lines of unwanted vapor and dead air, and ensures pure liquid nitrous at the solenoid. This makes the system react quicker and can keep the engine from getting damaged by an improper nitrous/fuel/air mixture.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:08 AM   #65
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Purging your nitrous system's delivery lines clears the lines of unwanted vapor and dead air, and ensures pure liquid nitrous at the solenoid. This makes the system react quicker and can keep the engine from getting damaged by an improper nitrous/fuel/air mixture.

ChrisV, this is from a mag I was reading
"Purging your nitrous lines of any liquid nitrous will result in a stronger hit since the gaseous nitrous will enter the engine without delay, as any liquid nitrous will have been evacuated from the system."
It also says that the vapors go out to the atmosphere to look good.

ChirsV what do you mean by pure liquid nitrous. Does this mean that nitrous and fuel at combined? On nitrous setups there is a fuel and nitrous solenoid that combine and then injected into the intake tube near the TB. How is nitrous kept in the bottle then liquid or gas?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 02:45 AM   #66
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Well, unless i have been severly misinformed, Nitrous oxide by definition is a gas.

It mixes with the air and fuel kinda like carbonation in a coke. Gas is added to the coke to make it fizzy. The carbonation is in the liquid but is a gas, same idea when the air and nitrous mix with fuel.

Last edited by Zalight : 02-24-2005 at 03:46 AM.
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:42 AM   #67
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Well, unless i have been severly misinformed, Nitrous oxide by definition is a gas.

It mixes with the air and fuel kinda like carbonation in a coke. Gas is added to the coke to make it fizzy. The car bonation is in the liquid but is a gas, same idea when the air and nitrous mix with fuel.

Yes it is a gas, but it is stored in liquid form(as most gasses usually are).

CarEXPERT, it does'nt matter if the nitrous is mixed with fuel before or after anyhwere. The point you're not getting is that purging your lines removes any unwanted matter, gas or liquid, in the lines that is'nt pure nitrous. Yes nitrous is mixed with fuel, it would'nt serve any purpose if it was not mixed. When and where nitrous meets the fuel is another topic at hand that should be in another thread. Actually its allready been answered do a little search arround these forums. I belive I answered the question....

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #68
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
so what type of business does your boss run?

read back, "back when i used to work at the distiller place", he doesnt run it, hes just one of the top managers

Old 02-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #69
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

So is it a place where you make booze?
Old 02-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #70
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

125 mph in a Dodge RT Twin Turbo as a passenger, 100 in my Jeep (off road tires aren't good for going fast)
Old 02-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #71
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
So is it a place where you make booze?

rofl no. a water distiller is..... well in extremely simple terms, a water purifier.

PS: its NOT a filter. great difference between both.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:56 PM   #72
83camaro
CF Newbie

Couldnt tell ya.. once i pass 85 in my car i cant tell
Old 10-27-2005, 08:42 PM   #73
WxMan_II
CF Newbie

From an old-timer

I can attest to 150 MPH in a 1969 Dodge SuperBee, 383 Magnum. Guy in the 289 Mustang must not have believed the logos on the hoodscoops, cause he sure acted like he wanted to run against me. I kept pace with him til 80 MPH, then decided to give the car the other 3/4's of gas pedal...

Also managed a respectable 140+ MPH in a 1974 Fury, 360 cu. in. 2 barrel ex-cop car. The speedo only went to 140, and the needle was bouncing off the far right-hand pin so I know I was well in excess of that. Obtained that rate one night many years ago when I thought the round taillights ahead belonged to a lowly Corvette. Well, when the Jaguar passed ME, he must have been doing over 180, cause there was at least a 40 MPH difference in speeds...

Have also managed 100+ on my 1976 GoldWing, GL1000. Trust me, I'd rather be doing 150 in the SuperBee than anything over 75 on my bike. Especially when the junebugs and bumblebees are out in force!
WxMan_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #74
6000LE
Banned

Today I hit 100
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:57 AM   #75
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
i did 70km/h on my peddle bike downhill in hard gear i swear she has a bad wheel bearing cuz it got really shakey, other than that i dont drive, HAHA **** you oil companies