Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2004, 01:45 AM   #1
strife14ff7
CF Newbie

Ebay Motors

I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a car on Ebay.......if so....how was the service......was it just like buying anything else on ebay? is it a good place to purchase a first car. i have seen some cheap but promising cars on there. thanks
strife14ff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:03 AM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra

all i know is that i can sure as hell bet alot of money that if u buy a whole car from ebay, the person who is selling to u can trully rip u off, like if he/she sells it to ya for like $1,500, how can u be so sure that the car is even really the one in the picture? how can u be so sure its not carrying an engine made out of construction paper and painted by the neighbor's kids?

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:27 AM   #3
lvshorty610
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
all i know is that i can sure as hell bet alot of money that if u buy a whole car from ebay, the person who is selling to u can trully rip u off, like if he/she sells it to ya for like $1,500, how can u be so sure that the car is even really the one in the picture? how can u be so sure its not carrying an engine made out of construction paper and painted by the neighbor's kids?

Well, its not just a regular listing. If they list it under the category of selling a real car, and not "art" for example... and secondly, cars usually have mileage on them. If you a buy a car with exaclty 0 miles, id be worried... even brand new cars usually have an absolute minimum of like 20 miles on, to at least get to the place where they will be sold

They have to list the miles on it, they list the transmission it has... if you spend 1500 dollars on a car that doesnt have a transmission listed or miles listed... than your an idiot and deserve to be ripped off. However, if you purchase something from ebay motors that is legitamately a car, in every possible way, and they send you "art".... well, if you get ebay involved with it, to say the least, they can go to jail and you can get your money back
lvshorty610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:32 AM   #4
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Hehe how gullable can you be. When you buy a car from ebay you usually buy from star plus power sellers. These are the guys that sell stuff all the time and get good ratings from other people on selling. When you buy a car, you'll need a reputable shipping company and a qualified mechanic in the area of the car. You call him and pay him well over extra(to ensure that he does the job good) and have him send you back pictures of the car and any known problems, if all is good you bid on the car.

A friend of my dad drove to see the car he was buying. Bought it on the spot to ignore all of that electronic crap. Most of these guys are'nt bluffing but then again you can get really screwed like that lady who bought the Mercedes AMG500 for $60,000 and the car belonged to somone in Berverly Hills. Do your research the internet is your friend.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote