Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2003, 08:44 PM   #1
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Motorbike, ICE and nitrous questions

Can anyone please help me with the following questions?

? How do insurance groups for motorbikes compare to cars in England e.g. is insurance for a group 7 "Ford Focus" more or less than a group 7 "Gagiva Mito 125"?

? What's the difference between component speakers and coaxles?
? Are sound system speakers meant to all be the same wattage or should they go up in power and decibels from tweeters to subwoofers?

? In "The Fast And The Furious" they made using nitrous out to be using a whole bottle up at once at the push of a button. I only know of systems that are operational while at full throttle after flicking an arming switch. Are there such thing as seemingly dangerous "The Fast And The Furious" style nitrous oxide kits?

Any usefull replies will be much appreciated.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:29 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Pay no attention to what you saw on "The Fast and the Stupid". It's 99% fantasy or nightmare depending on your point of view.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 02:07 AM   #3
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

So are there any other kinds of nitrous systems apart from the one shown in "Gone In 60 Seconds"?
Old 02-28-2003, 04:22 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

This is by no means a complete description os nitrous systems but perhaps will help to answer some questions.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0302_wils/

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:10 PM   #5
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Thanks for the link vwhobo. I didn't know you could have an excess of 800bhp of nitrous all at once! Even if a car did have its engine parts, gearbox, clutch etc uprated to be able to take that kind of power, I expect it would need proper top fuel fuel dragster style wheels and tyres to avoid insane wheelspin even if the button was pushed at something like 70mph.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:01 AM   #6
Aten

Re: Motorbike, ICE and nitrous questions

yes, you need drag slicks when you get over 700 horse regular engine power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
Can anyone please help me with the following questions?

:?: How do insurance groups for motorbikes compare to cars in England e.g. is insurance for a group 7 "Ford Focus" more or less than a group 7 "Gagiva Mito 125"?

:?: What's the difference between component speakers and coaxles?
:?: Are sound system speakers meant to all be the same wattage or should they go up in power and decibels from tweeters to subwoofers?

Component systems feature separate woofers and tweeters with outboard crossover networks for detailed, dynamic sound.
Component speakers(think 6 1/4 round or 6X9s) with a wooder and a tweeter are called coaxial, the speakers with a woofer a tweeter and a midrange are called triaxial. 4 way speakers have a woofer, midrange, tweeter, and a supertweeter.

Not all speakers, be it woofers, tweeters, midranges, or supertweeters were created equal, so no they all cant be run at the same levels of wattage. so yes they should go up in power from tweeters to subs. You have to keep an eye on that since you dont want to blow your tweeters out.

The fast and the retarded was totally ****ed up on the whole nitrous delivery. Most systems deliver nos with fuel as to not cause detonation.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:34 PM   #7
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Thanks Aten. The answer to my ICE question was especially usefull seeing as the buffs in the car magazines often overlook things in their explanations for people who don't know much about ICE.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:57 AM   #8
Aten

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
Thanks Aten. The answer to my ICE question was especially usefull seeing as the buffs in the car magazines often overlook things in their explanations for people who don't know much about ICE.

ya welcome lol