Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2004, 12:02 PM   #16
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

I like the whole *edit* think thats just pointless and it anit funny !

No i dont know you but isnt it you calling me the post whore.. do you know me? think about that.. ps i anit here for a war i just dont like these insults!

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #17
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
You see WeaponR theres a vivid difference between me an you. I get no sleep. So I browse the forums pretty much all night.(Anyone will indeed notice my name always logged on) You on the other hand post back to back to back with about 5 word answers. Its not the fact that I have reached 415 in a month, its the fact that you have reached 578 in a matter of weeks, days if you will with simple smiley post. You have increased your post by at least 100 per 3-4 days in the last few weeks. I will gradually increase, and if I was post whoring don't you think somone would have said something or given any visible notice to me climbing in post, or is it that I'm actually involved in post and not just riding back and forth with opinons and 5 word answers.

*Edit*
Lukaz you just barley got here so you are in no way to question me or my posting habits..

5 word answers? i don't think they are any...they must be the posts where i just feel like givin' some stick and have a little fun. well when ever i'm on i don't see you on and don't say any thing bout the time diff. cos i be on all night aswell. if you can recall me sayin' 3 a.m a couple of times. errm put it this way, you're still postin' twice as much as me a day. that's what the site seems to be tellin' me any way.

ok i admit to postin' silly posts! but if you take a look carefully, there arn't much quality threads which makes it borin' cos ppl are goin' over the same ground over and over again and you know it! then once in a while some one pops up sayin' they need help with a new car and then back to normal again.

i think their should be some thing about the quality control of posts and threads aswell. (me included)

*EDIT* ohh and DSMer i have just realised that you have started another fight with people (me and Lukaz). from i've seen you've had fights with plenty off people not to mention the fued with importluva. can i ask you some thing and please don't take it to seriously.....did your parents fight alot when you were a baby? (don't answer the question cos i don't need it answered, i just wanted to ask you that cos you do seem to fight alot and i was wonderin' where it came from! u know the influence and all that)

Last edited by WeaponR : 06-30-2004 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Forgot To Comment On Something
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:05 PM   #18
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukaz
I like the whole *edit* think thats just pointless and it anit funny !No i dont know you but isnt it you calling me the post whore.. do you know me? think about that.. ps i anit here for a war i just dont like these insults!

Haha, dude just shut up while you still have your pride. I need not to continue this conversation with you. I said what I said take it as you wish..

*EDIT*
Look at any post you two contribute to it looks like a fiesta of your avitars and signatures. When you see about 7 yellow Evos back to back with my name by them then come talk to me. Until then you two can go piss into the wind.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...

Last edited by DSMer : 06-30-2004 at 12:13 PM.
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:08 PM   #19
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Quote:
Haha, dude just shut up while you still have your pride. I need not to continue this conversation with you. I said what I said take it as you wish..

Fine then have it your way.. But you started the insults and im gonna end them!. im not shuting up cos a lil kid like you tells me to i dont wish to be treated like that.. i wouldnt take it from my college lecturer my boss and certainly not you.. i have my pride where is yours????

*Edit* whatever.. im not gonna respond to your post you dont bother me anymore Bored!

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year

Last edited by Lukaz : 06-30-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:26 PM   #20
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
You see WeaponR theres a vivid difference between me an you. I get no sleep. So I browse the forums pretty much all night.
That explains alot about your attitude.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:36 PM   #21
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
That explains alot about your attitude.
Haha, I can even laugh at you raggin on me. No I'm not moody, I just don't take well to people who sit there and genital ryde other peoples opinions in posts, and attempt to call me some sort of person that needs to feel special by adding a number to my name..

Old 06-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #22
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Is this thread about combatting post whoring or combatting post whores?

If we can't keep the bickering down and discuss the topic, I'll be forced to close it.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #23
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
just wondering if "post whoring" is a pet peeve of some or an actual problem. Personally, I think it's the former, in which case there is nothing to "combat."

The problem arises when an individual decides to post multiple times in order to reach a certain "status"...the initial one being to get to 100 posts to remove the "newb" status. The next ususally being the 500 mark to have access to change your forum title at will.

My suggestion would be this. To aid in keeping the post whoring down for the above reason, I would petition Unfedfat to remove that priviledge and make it by request (to a mod or Unfedfat) only...and only after a certain posts insuring that the individual is a regular...and one in "good standing." This good standing would be quite subjective, I know.

Or, we could remove the post count from view.

The other side of the coin is that Unfedfat probably doesn't mind a whole heck of a lot about post whoring to some extent. It just means more activity on the site and thus better paid advertising benefits.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #24
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Meh these two can't seem to thumb there illegitimate brains for any halfway decent reasons to combat the very thing they do.

Quote:
Some people add post to there current posts which might be incorrect!

theres an edit bar you dont need to make a new post just edit your current post.

Or punishment for people who just write rubbish in 5-6 words in 5-6 posts

"Duuhh, kinda like i do but I think that we should eliminate the need for 5-6 word post and I also would like to make it evident to everyone that there is an edit button next to the reply button" Thank you for sharing another yet piece of absolutely useless information. I think its evident that anyone even remotley close to 20/20 can spot that button.
Quote:
ok, here's my solution again.

program the software which runs this site and allow it to stop any one from postin' one post after the other....i.e you post one reply but then you have to wait till another two till you can post another. that would mean that people would then have to start usin' the quote feature or as Importluva does is copy and paste the person's text and display it in bold and write your reply underneath that and so on......got the idea?

Hmm if you had to wait till 2 replys to post again you'd probably never get a chance to talk. Good job WeaponR, you have just sucessfully itroduced an idea to stop the very thing you love doing.I suppose you'll be the genious to create that code for this server huh? Along top all of the other server problems they just have time to be coding script to stop you from postwhorin?

Anyways why are you two so concerned about stopping your own habbits. Maybe you should look to yourselves to stop your own postwhorin and not the powers of mods. How about a nice cup of stfu. Thats my solution. Its cheap, eficient, and does'nt involve Bav doing any excesive work. Shut your yapper and you won't have to waste precious hours of some Mods life to combat with your excessive posting.

Last edited by DSMer : 06-30-2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:17 PM   #25
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
*Looks at title of thread, then looks at people in the thread* Yeah I'll have to agree with you on this on Rida.. The "post whores" are talking about getting rid of it, they'll be dry like strung out drug addicts.

DSMER your completely on the wrong side.. dodge was the one complaining about posting to much (post whoring) if you look at "the rise of bav's dictatorship" thread, u would get what im saying. I personally think, posting should not be anything to debate with.. We should have the freedom to post just aslong it isnt "spamming". quoting different post in a single thread multiple times shouldn’t be anything to complain about.. That is not post whoring…. I am completely against this.. I am just lookin/suggesting a better way of posting multiple quotes from different people into one box/post.. Get what im saying? U outta learn to when to run your mouth before you get ur facts stright.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #26
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
Ok DSMer, explain this.

i joined CF one month before you did but yet, you post 21.45 posts per day whereas i post 9.88 posts per day. also if you have a look at the total number of posts, you've managed to reach 415 in under a month whereas me on the other side has just reached 578 in a time period of two months. that's 163 posts ahead of you and yet you got another month untill you to be a memeber as long as i have been. don't you think in the time scale of two months you would have reached about 900+ posts? whereas i have only reached 578

cos of this you should be crowned king of post whores!

well said! i have been here for a month.. im barely on 100... I SHOULD BE CROWN LAST IN POST WHORE KINGS.. FREAKIN HYPOCRITS!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 05:20 PM   #27
importluva
Obsessed with imports

this thread
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:23 PM   #28
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
You see WeaponR theres a vivid difference between me an you. I get no sleep. So I browse the forums pretty much all night.(Anyone will indeed notice my name always logged on) You on the other hand post back to back to back with about 5 word answers. Its not the fact that I have reached 415 in a month, its the fact that you have reached 578 in a matter of weeks, days if you will with simple smiley post. You have increased your post by at least 100 per 3-4 days in the last few weeks. I will gradually increase, and if I was post whoring don't you think somone would have said something or given any visible notice to me climbing in post, or is it that I'm actually involved in post and not just riding back and forth with opinons and 5 word answers.

*Edit*
Lukaz you just barley got here so you are in no way to question me or my posting habits..

ok, DSMER.. ive been accused of post whoring because, i am quoting multiple post in a single thread. does that make me a POST WHORE??? i really hope ur not pointing fingers at me when you said ...

Quote:
*Looks at title of thread, then looks at people in the thread* Yeah I'll have to agree with you on this on Rida.. The "post whores" are talking about getting rid of it, they'll be dry like strung out drug addicts.

Last edited by Ki2AY : 06-30-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:27 PM   #29
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
DSMER your completely on the wrong side.. dodge was the one complaining about posting to much (post whoring) if you look at "the rise of bav's dictatorship" thread, u would get what im saying. I personally think, posting should not be anything to debate with.. We should have the freedom to post just aslong it isnt "spamming". quoting different post in a single thread multiple times shouldn’t be anything to complain about.. That is not post whoring…. I am completely against this.. I am just lookin/suggesting a better way of posting multiple quotes from different people into one box/post.. Get what im saying? U outta learn to when to run your mouth before you get ur facts stright.

Who said anything about you postwhoring? I did'nt mention your name. Spare your mindless banter I meant what I typed in my post...

*EDIT*
Lukaz is a halfminded twat, if he can clearly see that I posted EDIT so he can visably notice that i did'nt post a new thread I rather simply edited the one I allready had... Again I was'nt even talking about you. My topic was'nt about you it was about the irony of Lukaz and WeaponR suggesting things that would interfere with their postwhoring habbits.

Last edited by DSMer : 06-30-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #30
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:

*EDIT*
Look at any post you two contribute to it looks like a fiesta of your avitars and signatures. When you see about 7 yellow Evos back to back with my name by them then come talk to me. Until then you two can go piss into the wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukaz
I like the whole *edit* think thats just pointless and it anit funny !No i dont know you but isnt it you calling me the post whore.. do you know me? think about that.. ps i anit here for a war i just dont like these insults!

dude, just admit it.. you was wrong for poiting fingers at all of us in this topic... its clear, LUKAZ got u there!