Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2004, 05:30 PM   #31
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Although it started off well intentioned, I don't think this thread is breeding anymore intelligent conversation/solutions.

Last warning on this one.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:24 PM   #32
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

ok, since its our last warning.. i wont say anythin else....

(i had to edit this post and completly deleted what i had to say against dsmer)

Last edited by Ki2AY : 06-30-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #33
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
you dumb HYPOCRIT, take a look at this. Spare your mindless banter .

[QUOTE}Originally Posted by DSMer
*Looks at title of thread, then looks at people in the thread* Yeah I'll have to agree with you on this on Rida.. The "post whores" are talking about getting rid of it, they'll be dry like strung out drug addicts.
[/quote]

You're openly admiting that you're a post whore. If I said post whores and you thought that was you then you're guilty by your own choice. I can't help that you have some serious subconscious issues about your posting habbits..

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #34
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
You're openly admiting that you're a post whore. If I said post whores and you thought that was you then you're guilty by your own choice. I can't help that you have some serious subconscious issues about your posting habbits..

OH PLEASE... your really wacko in the head man..

Quote:
*Looks at title of thread, then looks at people in the thread*

your clearly stating all the people in this thread.. next time you idiot, why dont you be more specific.. this conversation is over you HYPOCRIT.

"along comes dsmer and our thread goes bye bye"

Last edited by Ki2AY : 06-30-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:47 PM   #35
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
"..and our thread goes bye bye"

That's for sure.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:34 PM   #36
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

**Re-opened because some people want to discuss the topic**

Any more arguing and flame wars and I'll just start deleting posts and eventually close again if necessary.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:55 PM   #37
DodgeRida67
Banned

This thread is about cutting down on "post whoring" right? I'm voting yes. Who decides how to "combat" this situation? The admin. Why don't we just close this thread and leave it to UFF to decide. In no way it is up to us. Sorry I ever said anything about the whoring situation, geez.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:08 PM   #38
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
This thread is about cutting down on "post whoring" right? I'm voting yes. Who decides how to "combat" this situation? The admin. Why don't we just close this thread and leave it to UFF to decide. In no way it is up to us. Sorry I ever said anything about the whoring situation, geez.

Why don't we just close every thread and let Unfedfat decide on everything asked?

One must follow one's logic...and If we do...we lose the point of a forum...that being online discussion.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:13 PM   #39
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Why don't we just close every thread and let Unfedfat decide on everything asked?

One must follow one's logic...and If we do...we lose the point of a forum...that being online discussion.
One must follow one's logic. Yup. Agreed. However, the logic is as follows: This is a car discussions forum. Not a bone picking forum. Everyone here arguing with everyone else. That is the wrong idea. This forum is about cars. If we don't talk about cars, we have no forum.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:35 PM   #40
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
One must follow one's logic. Yup. Agreed. However, the logic is as follows: This is a car discussions forum. Not a bone picking forum. Everyone here arguing with everyone else. That is the wrong idea. This forum is about cars. If we don't talk about cars, we have no forum.

Correct and wrong. This is a car forum. However within this forum there are areas to deviate from the intended topic...that being cars. This one is called Feedback & Suggestions and is quite the appropriate area to discuss this matter...in the same manner there are topics unrelated to cars in the Off-Topic area.

When a topic leads to arguments...regardless if it is car related or not...the topic ends up closed.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:32 AM   #41
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Correct and wrong. This is a car forum. However within this forum there are areas to deviate from the intended topic...that being cars. This one is called Feedback & Suggestions and is quite the appropriate area to discuss this matter...in the same manner there are topics unrelated to cars in the Off-Topic area.

When a topic leads to arguments...regardless if it is car related or not...the topic ends up closed.

I have nothing to comment on the argument situation. But Bav as you said before. Lets be more realistic. Why would UFF want to restrict how many post you can make(in a short period of time or otherwise). Thats almost as unethical as you telling me when to breathe and how many times. Postwhorin` or simply exsessive posting is just fredom of speech within a forum... How can one be allowed to take away such a freedom?

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:00 AM   #42
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I have nothing to comment on the argument situation. But Bav as you said before. Lets be more realistic. Why would UFF want to restrict how many post you can make(in a short period of time or otherwise). Thats almost as unethical as you telling me when to breathe and how many times. Postwhorin` or simply exsessive posting is just fredom of speech within a forum... How can one be allowed to take away such a freedom?

Breathing is a necessary function or the repetative type. Posting is only as necessary as the relevance of the thought. Sometimes only a smilie is sufficient...and other times it is only an annoyance. The ones that abuse short answers/comments are the cause of this thread. I can see a need to limit the constant abuse, but not limit the ability to post as needed or wanted.

The solution lies within each of us. No one can "police" us better than ourselves.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:24 AM   #43
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:

That's correct, however, this topic of discussion should not include us as members, but only the mods & administrators. That's my opinion though. I just think it's up to the admin. But what do I know, I've never run more than 3-4 online small businesses.

I'm just saying, this topic of discussion is up to the mods and the final aurthority is the admin. When it gets into the members discussions, trouble most always brews. I know this from experience.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:35 AM   #44
importluva
Obsessed with imports

I think i am having a little too much fun with those.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:36 AM   #45
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
That's correct, however, this topic of discussion should not include us as members, but only the mods & administrators. That's my opinion though. I just think it's up to the admin. But what do I know, I've never run more than 3-4 online small businesses.

I'm just saying, this topic of discussion is up to the mods and the final aurthority is the admin. When it gets into the members discussions, trouble most always brews. I know this from experience.

I can see your point and would agree to some degree. But the fact remains that it was/is a member of the forum that opened this topic. Therefore, unless certain guidelines are crossed (excessive flaming, arguments, etc.) the forum is here to discuss each members whim...car related or not.