Japanese (Nissan,Infiniti,Mazda,Mitsubishi,etc.) 14 51.85%
US (Ford,Chevy,Dodge,Buick,Cadillac,etc.) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2004, 11:55 PM   #16
Starscream13
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
i would like to ask everybody why you guys dont prefer american cars??? obviously not 1 voted for american...
chrisV must really be holding his lid of this thread.

Im going to speak for myself. I said that i hate American cars, cause they'r big, ugly, with V8 5lt, 6lt that produce 250 bhp . But what I really cant understand is why the Americans get so excited with trucks... Take the Dodge SRT, or the Ford Lightning... Totally useless... But then again, Im a European and its very hard for me (an all europeans i quess) to understand American taste...
I'm with the prophets and the prophecy goes on.."

~SOULFLY~
Starscream13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:08 AM   #17
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream13
Im going to speak for myself. I said that i hate American cars, cause they'r big, ugly, with V8 5lt, 6lt that produce 250 bhp . But what I really cant understand is why the Americans get so excited with trucks... Take the Dodge SRT, or the Ford Lightning... Totally useless... But then again, Im a European and its very hard for me (an all europeans i quess) to understand American taste...

THE POWER MAN, THE POWER!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:09 AM   #18
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Talk about topic change/hijacking...

I have...it's quite accurate.

You have some serious issues. First and foremost is jealousy towards Americans. While politics is crooked in every nation, the U.S. gets the cake since it is the biggest and strongest at the moment.

It is not acurate, firstly it doesnt come with a optical sight for every soldier, i test and design the damm stuff, 1/4 of the plates in iraq have development work in by me, and there not perfect, but thats more a function of the ways the contracts for production are written than the engineering considerations.

The sa80 A1 was a heap of poo in combat it jammed and dint like temperature change, but its bloody acurate and combat, you cant fire the A2 left handed and as 1 in 20 ppl is left handed there are 10000 men in the britsh army using there unnatural hand, the FN FAL is a mixed kettle of fish mainly becuase its catches NBC suits and hot parts are exposed to melting the suit.

The M16 is good for storming buildings and fighting in lines, you can get alot of shots off but were they go is another matter, it takes along time to get it to hit acurately, lets say within 1 calibre at 100 metres. But then again its no where near as bad as trying to used any copper washed steel B32 Dragonov AP from the 80's. Its inacurate and it jams most of the time end up pulling it to bits and replacing the case and power.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:42 AM   #19
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
It is not acurate, firstly it doesnt come with a optical sight for every soldier, i test and design the damm stuff, 1/4 of the plates in iraq have development work in by me, and there not perfect, but thats more a function of the ways the contracts for production are written than the engineering considerations.

The M16 is good for storming buildings and fighting in lines, you can get alot of shots off but were they go is another matter...
An optical sight is not needed for it's intended purpose. It's a medium to close range assault weapon. It's not for sniping...we have others for that if needed.

They go basically where you point them in semi or auto mode. If you're not aiming, then of course the accuracy is compromised. It's pretty elementary. Use on a range...the M16 is very accurate. I've shot quarter-sized targets from 100 yards and a few times in the 150 yard range...without a scope. It's called trial and error...aligning the sights for the distance...

An M16 set up for accuracy at 25 yards will hardly be accurate at 100 yards without some adjustment.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:15 AM   #20
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

damn! can we leave the politics at the door guys! being english I know we are/where the most hated for years upon years while we where the dominant world force all those moons ago. now it's americas turn. like it was the romans all that time before! and on and on!

while we all keep bashing each other we just perpetuate (pardon i cant spell) the cycle and become the cause!

I only hate the guy who hates me!

one day luxumborg will become the world power base, who knows?

Lets get back to cars eh?
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:37 AM   #21
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

i personally like a lot of different cars... a few Americans (Mustangs/Chrysler 300's/Cadillacs) many japanese cars (especially the Z) and a lot of europeans (Mercedes CLK, Jaguar XJ...) so i had to choose Europe because that is where most of my favorite cars are born!
Old 07-02-2004, 06:44 AM   #22
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
An optical sight is not needed for it's intended purpose. It's a medium to close range assault weapon. It's not for sniping...we have others for that if needed.

They go basically where you point them in semi or auto mode. If you're not aiming, then of course the accuracy is compromised. It's pretty elementary. Use on a range...the M16 is very accurate. I've shot quarter-sized targets from 100 yards and a few times in the 150 yard range...without a scope. It's called trial and error...aligning the sights for the distance...

An M16 set up for accuracy at 25 yards will hardly be accurate at 100 yards without some adjustment.

25 yards, ie 22.5 metres i think you have just come over to my side.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:52 PM   #23
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
25 yards, ie 22.5 metres i think you have just come over to my side.

I guess our definitions of accuracy for a M16 is different.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:54 PM   #24
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Im going to speak for myself. I said that i hate American cars, cause they'r big, ugly, with V8 5lt, 6lt that produce 250 bhp .

And this is why you're opinion is wrong. I'ts based on non factual information.

1) Not all american cars are big. OTOH, we don't live an a country the size of a postage stamp, with 1000 year old cities that have streets barely wide enough to walk on, so it really doesn't matter.

2) Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. But most of them aren't any more ugly than cars from anywhere else.

3) Most dont' have V8s. I4s and V6s are much more common anymore,and have been for years. In fact, all three cars I've bought new have been American, and none of them had V8s.

4) if the V8 makes 250hp, it usually also makes 280-350 lb ft of torque. You are of the mistaken impression that hp/liter actually means anything outside of a racing class that requires a fixed displacement, or a country that taxes cars BASED on displacement. In both of THOSE situations, a smaller engine with maximised power output is dsireable (though for very different reasons).

In a street car, however, making a wider powerband with more low end torque, in an engine that is lower stressed, less complex, and less expensive to build, repair, or maintain, is a better engineering solution.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:44 PM   #25
importluva
Obsessed with imports

importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 07:24 AM   #26
Denis0727
CF Newbie

I love how a simple thread somehow found its way into politics. . . i myself aint American born and trully i find American cars a waste of fuel and space, harshly stated but somewhat true.

Anyway, thank you for everyones opinion.
Denis0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 12:43 AM   #27
Starscream13
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And this is why you're opinion is wrong. I'ts based on non factual information.

1) Not all american cars are big. OTOH, we don't live an a country the size of a postage stamp, with 1000 year old cities that have streets barely wide enough to walk on, so it really doesn't matter.

2) Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. But most of them aren't any more ugly than cars from anywhere else.

3) Most dont' have V8s. I4s and V6s are much more common anymore,and have been for years. In fact, all three cars I've bought new have been American, and none of them had V8s.

4) if the V8 makes 250hp, it usually also makes 280-350 lb ft of torque. You are of the mistaken impression that hp/liter actually means anything outside of a racing class that requires a fixed displacement, or a country that taxes cars BASED on displacement. In both of THOSE situations, a smaller engine with maximised power output is dsireable (though for very different reasons).

In a street car, however, making a wider powerband with more low end torque, in an engine that is lower stressed, less complex, and less expensive to build, repair, or maintain, is a better engineering solution.

Of course there r some american cars that I like. But they r xtremely limited. Still, I m going to stick to my opinion, cause its my personal opinion, and say that American cars suck... I have to admit though, that I havent driven any american car...Perhaps when i do drive one, i may change my mind in some matters, such as the engine. But as far as the looks, stability, driving pleasure is concerned, u dont stand a chance against the Europeans. Childish? Perhaps... But nevertheless 100% true.

~SOULFLY~
Old 07-04-2004, 01:35 AM   #28
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
I have to admit though, that I havent driven any american car...
...and then says:
Quote:
But as far as the looks, stability, driving pleasure is concerned, u dont stand a chance against the Europeans.

What knowlege of driving pleasure do you have with American cars that you can emphatically say it is inferior to the Europeans? NONE...by your own words.

Your post is what we call spewing garbage.

Old 07-04-2004, 01:52 AM   #29
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

I gotta say that to my own opinion, some of the best cars are english designed with yank engines. ie, ac cobra (the cause of the english speed limit), tvr, hsv, even the old RR has a gmc lump inside. English refinement with american grunt seems to be a good combination.

anyone else agree?
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:12 AM   #30
Starscream13
CF Newbie

Quote:
...and then says:

What knowlege of driving pleasure do you have with American cars that you can emphatically say it is inferior to the Europeans? NONE...by your own words.

Your post is what we call spewing garbage.

Read more carefully what i write m8. I said that I havent driven any american car. When and if i ever drive one, i may change my mind about the engines. But yes as far as driving pleasure is concerned u suck... Compared to the european cars of course. Even ur top American car, the Vette, cant be even compared with the M3(e46)...

And as for the garbage comment, keep it for urself m8... LOL and ur supposed to be a moderator.. LOOL. Nice attitude...

~SOULFLY~