Japanese (Nissan,Infiniti,Mazda,Mitsubishi,etc.) 14 51.85%
US (Ford,Chevy,Dodge,Buick,Cadillac,etc.) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2004, 10:35 AM   #31
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream13
Read more carefully what i write m8. I said that I havent driven any american car. When and if i ever drive one, i may change my mind about the engines. But yes as far as driving pleasure is concerned u suck... Compared to the european cars of course. Even ur top American car, the Vette, cant be even compared with the M3(e46)...

And as for the garbage comment, keep it for urself m8... LOL and ur supposed to be a moderator.. LOOL. Nice attitude...

ehhh, actually, the vette CAN be compared to an M3. its certainly got alot more power, and u know how the saying goes, "there is no replacement for cubic displacement", and thats one thing that cant be denied.

sure, the M3 is way more efficient than the vette will ever even hope to dream of. and i may love the m3, mainly for having an inline-6 (my fave style of engines besides the V12), but i still have to give the vette its due credits. the c5r literally owns in gt3 championships, and american cars respond well to even teh stupidest of mods n they can sure pack a punch, even if its at the cost of fuel efficiency.

sure, the m3 is a very high class luxury sedan as well as a sports car, but keep in mind, the vette cant be compared in that area cuz it wasnt designed as a luxury car in the first place. hell, its not even a sedan (duhh).

in handling, even though the vette is a torque monster and heavy, it still handles rather well for those huge disadvantages.

ahh screw it, to keep it short, it depends on wat u r comparing both cars, but u cant say the vette is shit and that it cant be compared to the m3, why? cuz it CAN be compared to the M3.

EDIT: btw, i dont blame bav for getting a bit upset, but u DONT have the right to insult cars the way u have if u have never even driven one. u can give ur opinions, but it wont turn it into a fact, specially the way that u said it.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:01 PM   #32
Starscream13
CF Newbie

The Vette has a lot more power than the M3? Ur mistaken m8.
Of course they can be compared but OVERALL- and this is what Im trying to say- the M3 is better than the Vette. And OVERALL Euro cars r better than American. Im refering to the present.

As for Mr.BavarianWheels, I already told him congratulations about his attitude.
I'm with the prophets and the prophecy goes on.."

~SOULFLY~
Starscream13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 03:21 PM   #33
Inygknok
El del Supra

2004 BMW M3 Coupe Specs
Site 1
Site 2

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Specs
Site 1
Site 2

read the above. it seems u havent bothered feeding urself correct information at all. even the regular Corvette with the LS1 has more power (both, HP and torque) than the M3. the Z06 climbs even further the power ladder.

the chevys are also rated even lighter (thats a first). wat the m3 does have though is shorter gears... guess thats how it can keep up so well then. but read the figures, facts are facts.

Old 07-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #34
Starscream13
CF Newbie

Oh, the Amercian version has less bhp than the European. We have 343 bhp. And the M3 CSL has even more.. 360bhp... From an R6, 3.2lt..

~SOULFLY~
Old 07-05-2004, 03:24 AM   #35
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Oh, the Amercian version has less bhp than the European. We have 343 bhp. And the M3 CSL has even more.. 360bhp... From an R6, 3.2lt..

the Z06 still has more power though

Old 07-05-2004, 04:21 AM   #36
archangle
CF Enthusiast

Im a chevy guy,so domestics for me
Old 07-05-2004, 08:04 AM   #37
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Depends. If u mean luxury then id run to the euros. I got a soft spot for a Beamer. If ur going for speed. i like the matchcar japsand their 'clipses. if ur going for get the hell out of my way because i could tow a bus and hit 120 and still have my a/c and football on my mini tv then id have to pick americans and our best inventions. the pickup. used to love F-150s but nowadays they're all nice. u got nissans, dodges, even toyota is getting into it. not to mention the big names like ford, chevy, and GMC

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:01 AM   #38
Starscream13
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
the Z06 still has more power though

And the M3-GTR has the same power with the ZO6. This is useless m8...

~SOULFLY~
Old 07-05-2004, 10:55 PM   #39
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Depends. If u mean luxury then id run to the euros. I got a soft spot for a Beamer. If ur going for speed. i like the matchcar japsand their 'clipses. if ur going for get the hell out of my way because i could tow a bus and hit 120 and still have my a/c and football on my mini tv then id have to pick americans and our best inventions. the pickup. used to love F-150s but nowadays they're all nice. u got nissans, dodges, even toyota is getting into it. not to mention the big names like ford, chevy, and GMC

dont wanna burst your bubble there bud, but the pick up (f-150) wasn't actually invented by the americans as such. sure it was ford, but it was ford australia and an ausy farmers wife's letter to them that made them build the f-150.

strange but true!! and no I'm not an australian.
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:42 AM   #40
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis0727
Considering we all live in the United Stated . . . What does everyone prefer above the rest? Vote and State your opinion!

As for me personaly i love European Cars. . . mostly German

I have a Honda and Nissan. Also eventually going to get a 1g AWD DSM or Evo..so that takes care of Mitsubishi. Obviously I chose japanese. But I love old dommestics (such as a 1970 Buick GSX ) and am in love with Porsche .

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:32 AM   #41
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

The funny thing is, the new Ford GT is supposed to be comparable to supercars from Europe. It's about AS fast as a Saleen and just a little slower than an Enzo! (But thats in the words of Road and Track magazine.) And you said a Corvette couldn't beat an M3? Well how about a Ford GT against a Ferrari 360?
Old 07-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #42
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Read more carefully what i write m8. I said that I havent driven any american car. When and if i ever drive one, i may change my mind about the engines. But yes as far as driving pleasure is concerned u suck... Compared to the european cars of course. Even ur top American car, the Vette, cant be even compared with the M3(e46)...

And as for the garbage comment, keep it for urself m8... LOL and ur supposed to be a moderator.. LOOL. Nice attitude...

No, the POINT is, and you seem un avble to grasp this, is idrf you base opinion on lack of experience, statte flatly that you HAVE no experience, and then try to state your opinion as though it is in any way true or factual, your statements are worthless garbage.

Sure you can have an opionion that X is true, even when it can be proven that X is indeed false. But holding tightly to that opinion shows you to lack intelligence, especially the intelligence to know that you don't have the experience to form or hold the opinion.

Shall I give you an example? If someone came on a mesage board and said, "I've never driven a 4 cyl car, but it's my opinion that all of them are slow and unreliable," what would your opinion of that person be? Would they look intelligent? If you then explained to them that there are many 4 cyl cars that are very fast, and many that last for long periods of time without breaking, would that person look intelligent if they said, "it doesn't matter, it's my opinion and I get to have my opinion until *I* drive a fast 4 cyl car!"

You are actually doing that. And you look just as foolish.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #43
Car Nirvana
CF Enthusiast

I have to go for Euro
You cant beat a good British or Swedish car
imo German cars are very over rated

Noble M400 = Good bye M3 CSL and 911 GT3
M400 Lap time 52.60sec
911 GT3 Lap time 54.20sec
M3 CSL Lap time 54.75sec

And just for you Cliffy.....
M400 On the road 18/20
M3 CSL On the road 12/20
Review from Autocar
Car Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #44
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostang104314
The funny thing is, the new Ford GT is supposed to be comparable to supercars from Europe. It's about AS fast as a Saleen and just a little slower than an Enzo! (But thats in the words of Road and Track magazine.) And you said a Corvette couldn't beat an M3? Well how about a Ford GT against a Ferrari 360?

The GT has 550hp...So it isnt just 'a little slower' than an Enzo. Enzo is 650hp and weighs much less. But yeah, the GT sure is a step forward for Ford in the performance Arena. I just wish they didnt take the cheap way out and make a supercharged V-8 to get their power. They forgot the age old true supercar formula of a small displacement high revving V-6/V-8/V-10/V-12. That to me is what makes a supercar a supercar. Although We all do remember they tried that forumla with the GT40 by stuffing a high revving 289 and there and they got smoked by Ferrari. Only when they stuffed the 351 and 427 in there could they compete with the small displacement Ferraris and beat them at Le Mans.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:54 PM   #45
enron fever
CF Addict

euro's all the way

no other group of cars has the character of european cars.

*on the subject of the GT40 (the original)*

it's not an american car. it was designed and made in britain. so even ford's crowning achievement started as a euro. it's american made now with the GT, and it is a supurb car, but the oringal was a brit.

Last edited by enron fever : 07-06-2004 at 05:56 PM.
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote