Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Unhappy Putting pictures in my signature

Aight, folks. I'll just go ahead and say it. I am a computer idiot. With that being said, I must ask- how do you put a picture in your signature?! Help me!
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #2
87TurboII
CF Newbie

to put a pic in your sig you must go to UserCP and go to edit signiture then put [IMG] (in this space put the URL of the pic you want in the sig) then put /Fortmat/Index.jpg then put another image tag that looks like this[/IMG] it should work!
Hi. My name is Devin, and I am 12 years old. I really don't own a car, as the car I have shown you in my previous posts belongs to my brother. Please disregard any information I post beyond this point.

OWNED BY RYAN!
87TurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:39 PM   #3
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87TurboII
to put a pic in your sig you must go to UserCP and go to edit signiture then put [IMG] (in this space put the URL of the pic you want in the sig) then put /Fortmat/Index.jpg then put another image tag that looks like this[/IMG] it should work!

I don't know about the /fortmat/index.jpg part. Just the img url between the [img]image url here[/img] tags will suffice.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #4
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87TurboII
then put /Fortmat/Index.jpg

sorry if i mislead you man, that was specific to the pic you wanted to show in your sig.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:43 AM   #5
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Ummm ya no.

Well, I tried that, and when I click to preview my signature, all it does is make the website I entered in the [IMG]...[/IMG] a link. Any ideas?

EDIT- See, look at my signature. I put that link in inside the [IMG]XXX[/IMG] thing, and all it did was link it.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh

Last edited by Patrick : 07-02-2004 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:31 AM   #6
importluva
Obsessed with imports

you chose the wrong url. h ttp://i.rollingstone.com/assets/rs/142/8359/images/00328943_med. jpg

the above is the url, BUT, remove the space between the "h" and "t" in "h ttp" and put it between the img tags.

like this
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #7
Patrick
CF Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
you chose the wrong url. h ttp://i.rollingstone.com/assets/rs/142/8359/images/00328943_med. jpg

the above is the url, BUT, remove the space between the "h" and "t" in "h ttp" and put it between the img tags.

like this

Thanks a bunch. I was lost.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh