Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2003, 03:06 AM   #1
Vikas1
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 15
Euro or Asian?

:? I'm not sure which car is better overall, BMW M3 or Honda S2000!! i like them both but give me some advice which one would u prefer to have?
Vikas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 03:33 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Let's see. M3 or S2000. That's comparing apples and oranges. It all comes down to which flavor you prefer.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:16 AM   #3
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
I would chose the M3 because of its German engineering and quality.
I don't really like Honda's but this is your choice here so choose what ever you want, i'm not stopping you from chosing the honda.
I just like BMW more.
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:14 PM   #4
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast
 
Widowmaker2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
I would chose the M3 because of its German engineering and quality.
I don't really like Honda's but this is your choice here so choose what ever you want, i'm not stopping you from chosing the honda.
I just like BMW more.

Well, I'd go with the M3 also, but for different reasons. The S2000 basically has a motorcycle engine in it. No joke, it revs to like 8000 rpm's before it makes any power. It's really not that great for street applications.

Also, what's so great about German Engineering? I think we do it just fine here in the States.
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:17 PM   #5
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
I would chose the M3 because of its German engineering and quality.
I don't really like Honda's but this is your choice here so choose what ever you want, i'm not stopping you from chosing the honda.
I just like BMW more.

Well, I'd go with the M3 also, but for different reasons. The S2000 basically has a motorcycle engine in it. No joke, it revs to like 8000 rpm's before it makes any power. It's really not that great for street applications.

Also, what's so great about German Engineering? I think we do it just fine here in the States.

I dunno I just don't like American cars.
And i just have a passion for German cars.
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:28 AM   #6
urinegirl
 
Posts: n/a
i've been asking the same question for years.
apples or oranges?

which one is the orange, cos i like them better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:43 PM   #7
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 29
Germans offers great build quality, great reliability, great technology and simply the fact it's GERMAN. I think Japanese manufacturers are better at electronic components than the Germans, which is good for entertainment, Honda does make some good engines especially with VTEC (which stand for variable valve timings and lift electronic control), but not the ones on the S2000. A M3 is a sports saloon, or a sports saloon convertable and the S2000 is more like a roadster. So really you should compare a S2000 to a BMW Z4 not a M3!!!
Gavin.TDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:10 PM   #8
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Also, what's so great about German Engineering? I think we do it just fine here in the States.

Widowmaker2k = Simpleton (must be the case)

Everything in German automotive engineering is above that of the American car makers.

The only consolation that I see in American vs. German is Air Conditioning! I will freely admit that the a/c systems of the Americans is noticably better than that of the Germans! But...don't sit back too much because the Japanese are hot on the American's tails on this one. I owned a 1991 Lexus LS400 and the a/c was phenominal!!! It would blow cold the instant you would start the car and the climate control of the 1991 rivals that of our newer 1997 BMW 740i !! Although that is the only thing that is a sore spot IMHO.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:35 AM   #9
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
FINALLY SOME PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME O THE FACT THAT GERMAN CARS ARE BETTER THAN AMERICAN!!
THX GUYS!
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:28 AM   #10
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast
 
Widowmaker2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 166
[quote="BavarianWheels"]

Quote:
Widowmaker2k = Simpleton (must be the case)
Hahaha, sorry bud, but I won't be drawn into a pissing contest with you. I'm better than that. This is what intelligent people call and Ad Hominem fallacy. You attempt to disprove my claims by attacking me. (Or it's just a plain personal attack, it depends on how one looks at it. In this case it is both.)

Quote:
Everything in German automotive engineering is above that of the American car makers.

This is a blanket statement, also known as an over generalization. This is where I ask you to prove it. So, go ahead, prove it.

Quote:
The only consolation that I see in American vs. German is Air Conditioning! I will freely admit that the a/c systems of the Americans is noticably better than that of the Germans!

Ah yes, now you're trying to make us think "Gee, he must be fair and balanced because he admits that Americans do something well!" Sorry bud, but we're smarter than that.

Quote:
But...don't sit back too much because the Japanese are hot on the American's tails on this one. I owned a 1991 Lexus LS400 and the a/c was phenominal!!!

Hooray for you. *Claps*

Quote:
It would blow cold the instant you would start the car and the climate control of the 1991 rivals that of our newer 1997 BMW 740i !! Although that is the only thing that is a sore spot IMHO.

Wow...just wow. Your baffling ability to argue has totally surpassed anything I could ever come up with. I mean, your skill at constructing complete sentences is overwhelming! (Sarcasm) It would be nice to hear arguments from somebody who has taken at least one class on how to write, or at least debate. You call me a simpleton, yet you know not how to correctly use commas! They have a word for people like you...hypocrite, is it?

Please, donít respond unless you can actually prove your points with facts. *gasp* (Donít forget to cite your sources, thatís also very important.)
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:34 AM   #11
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
::laughs::

The Widowmaker got offended...

All "proof" is from personal experience...

Blanket statements are made simply (no pun intended) to piss simpletons like you off...Success!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Hahaha, sorry bud, but I won't be drawn into a pissing contest with you. I'm better than that.

::laughs again:: You drew yourself in and pi$$ed all over yourself...no effort on my part.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:59 PM   #12
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast
 
Widowmaker2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
::laughs::

The Widowmaker got offended...

Actually, it was more like delighted. Delighted that people like you make BMW owners look so stupid.


Quote:
All "proof" is from personal experience...

Just come out and say it, you have no proof. Therefore your arguments are invalid. If you can't do better than this you're just wasting our time.

Quote:
Blanket statements are made simply (no pun intended) to piss simpletons like you off...Success!!


Websters Dictionary:
sim∑ple∑ton ( P ) Pronunciation Key (smpl-tn)
n.
A person who is felt to be deficient in judgment, good sense, or intelligence; a fool.

Now, let's apply that definition to our situation. You aren't using logic, you are trying to bolster your cause with personal attacks, and you cannot provide proof. Now class, let's pay attention to this next definition:

hy∑poc∑ri∑sy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy∑poc∑ri∑sies
The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
An act or instance of such falseness.

Once again, let's ask the question of who this applies best to...I claim to be intelligent; I act intelligent. You claim that I am not intelligent; you don't act intelligent.


Quote:
::laughs again:: You drew yourself in and pi$$ed all over yourself...no effort on my part.

No, see, there is a difference between a pissing contest and beating a small child. (The children can never tell the difference.)

Now, I have stated a case, you are a hypocritical retard (a person considered to be foolish or socially inept,) and I have provided proof. (Also, I cited my sources.) Can you do the same?
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 08:09 PM   #13
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
hahah i think we have a vwhobo clone here....maybe even vwhobo hacking into Widowmaker's account :o
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:30 AM   #14
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Now, I have stated a case, you are a hypocritical retard (a person considered to be foolish or socially inept,) and I have provided proof. (Also, I cited my sources.) Can you do the same?

Again has drawn himself/herself into a Pi$$ing contest...and my teeth aren't even floating yet...
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:36 AM   #15
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
And BTW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
sim∑ple∑ton ( P ) Pronunciation Key (smpl-tn)
n.
A person who is felt to be deficient in judgment, good sense, or intelligence; a fool.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[simple + -ton(as in surnames such as Chesterton, Singleton).]

Source: The American Heritageģ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.


simpleton

\Sim"ple*ton\, n. [Cf. F. simplet, It. semplicione.] A person of weak intellect; a silly person.


Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.


simpleton

n : a person lacking intelligence or common sense [syn: simple]

I seem to like the "lacking intelligence or common sense" part myself...I think it fits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
hahah i think we have a vwhobo clone here....maybe even vwhobo hacking into Widowmaker's account

I agree...Widowmaker must be VWHobo...
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.