Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:49 PM   #1
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Just Me.....

hey guys/gals,

been a long time since i've been on. don't have as much spare time now. i've joined another forum on the net aswell but it aint as good as CF! no fcukin way! may look good but the contents is what really matters right?

any way to the point this place seems dead! i see why importluva may want to leave cos i do too.

this place has lost its touch! we need them real car guys back. vwhobo i remember him here when i first joined. he was what you call 'the man'. till he doesn't come back this place aint goin' to be much fun or interstin'.

Last edited by WeaponR : 07-07-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
hey guys/gals,

been a long time since i've been on. don't have as much spare time now. i've joined another forum on the net aswell but it aint as good as CF! no fcukin way! may look good but the contents is what really matters right?

any way to the point this place seems dead! i see why importluva may want to leave cos i do too.

this place has lost its touch! we need them real car guys back. vwhobo i remember him here when i first joined. he was what you call 'the man'. till he doesn't come back this place aint goin' to be much fun or interstin'.

ive only been around for a few weeks but im actually starting to remember everyones nicks by now. i see that as a bad thing, cuz that just means that there is not so many people talking, which there isnt.

im just getting used to forums again these few months cuz at work i can use the pc n talk on forums n stuff when im bored, then at home there is nuthin to do during the 12am-4am time periods (im not a very good sleeper), so forums entertain me.

but yea, its too quiet around here somehow. wish i had joined before so i could notice the difference of back then. still, more people leaving isnt gonna help out at all, specially when i notice this growing trend of the hobo always being used as the main excuse. no offence guys, he may have been some kind of "car know-it-all" but anyone can be if they dedicate themselves to it and work hard for it. we can also learn from each other, i know i have learned something during these past few weeks.

in short, if we dont help around, this community will just eventually die n shut down like many other forums. this is by far one of the best forums ive seen, way better than those other ones that repeat themselves too much n just talk about "help me!! im too stupid to put gas in my car!!!" topics.

n im gona shut up cuz i still got a bit of a hangover n puking on the dog sounds so tempting right now........

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

why is it the good people leaving... it should be dodge chrisv or ***wait, no more names***.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:22 PM   #4
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
why is it the good people leaving... it should be dodge chrisv or ***wait, no more names***.

You bozo's are the biggest cause of people like vwhobo leaving. One minute you're all upset and name calling because he showed you and the rest of the forum where you were wrong. Then in the next minute you miss him.

Now, the genius quoted above, is wishing ChrisV to leave? He's one of maybe...4 left with real knowledge...and that's including the newly joined jcus...? forgot his login name...but his name is John.

It won't be long before you all push the rest of them out. The problem is no one wants to talk real car talk. Everyone is busy discussing that girlie looking Skyline vs. Viper and arguing about the engines...while none of you really are old enough to have real hair in your arm pits.

Don't try and push people away just because you disagree with their ideas, knowledge. If you like this forum, you're only making it worse.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 07-08-2004, 12:01 AM   #5
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

well, i can see this is turning sour already.... we all know chirsV is one of the smart ones in here bav, but any blind man can see that he starts allot of shit..

Quote:
It won't be long before you all push the rest of them out. The problem is no one wants to talk real car talk. Everyone is busy discussing that girlie looking Skyline vs. Viper and arguing about the engines...while none of you really are old enough to have real hair in your arm pits.

bav, we decide to talk about whatever we want, even if it was a girly yellow 70's beatle, it is a car forum right.. is that a problem that nobody wants to talk about "real car talk" ??? forum is made out of us members, we decided what we want to talk about no matter what the case is. we have our own ideas of what "real car talk" is to us. and since when has this been an age factor? "arm pit hair, now?" maybe some people just needs to retire since "kids" are getting on their nerves... MOVE on.

Quote:
Don't try and push people away just because you disagree with their ideas, knowledge.If you like this forum, you're only making it worse.
whos disagreing with anybodys knowledge? matter fact, whos pushing who out? it looks like people is leaving, rather then people being pushed out. come on bav, since when did anybody had a HOT THREAD about a single person? man u must be real special, that should be enough for u to get the idea bav, im not even going to say any-more. i think we know who makes the forum worse and who dosnt.

(bav, since ur a mod, you can remove the word "bozo")
Old 07-08-2004, 12:18 AM   #6
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
well, i can see this is turning sour already.... we all know chirsV is one of the smart ones in here bav, but any blind man can see that he starts allot of shit..

i always thought that was DSMer's job

anyhow, i know ive gotten into my share of arguments in this forum, but to me its all in good fun and it happens. people have disagreements with their ideas all the time, its called not being perfect.

yesterday i read a few posts from the vwhobo person himself, and apparently he himself even got into his large share of discussions and arguments with people, so i guess we r all even on this area.

as for the whole pushing out thing, i dont think i ever said i was going to miss anyone or anything. i have never had a discussion with weaponr so i dont see how i would be affecting him at all.

the whole "this vs this" arguments do get boring quite quickly, but that happens everywhere. no point in arguing over that.

ok, so sometimes we talk about the females in videos or auto shows or whatever. so wat? the female audience in this forum can talk about guys if they want to as well. wats so bad about talking about something else that interests u? hell, i even asked about a comedy central movie (which i still dont have the name of) just to talk about something else with u people, but i guess since im a "bozo" i gotta stop trying to have a nice time and just act like some 40 year old with no life and thats more aggravated than Bush. oh, and btw, about the armpit hair, ty very much but i actually wax it off cuz i like that clean feel there.

so wat if i wasnt born in the 50's or later? us young ones may not be as experienced as the older fellas, but we can sure as hell learn and let me tell u wat, i just taught a 15 year old kid thats extremely slow (he has a learning disorder) the basics of how an engine works and every single part thats of some importance and the use of every part. he even learned how to spell and pronounce "4 stroke internal combustion reciprocating engines", and thats from a kid in a public school (no offence, it should actually be a huge compliment, low class education coming on top of my friend jay's rich ass private school, and i too as well went to private school but jay is still stupid :P).

ok so back to trying to comment without getting angry..... i dont see how its the young people's fault that the older members are leaving. my favorite aunt is 47 years old and shes a blast to hang out with. my best high school friend's mom is around 44 and i love her as my 2nd mother. my dad was 56 before he passed away and all my friends loved having him around in field trips, even if he was a strict ass at times he still knew how to have a good time, and im sure as hell that most of the older members in this forum certainly dont mind having a laugh with us younger ones. they were our age once, so they should understand how it feels to be us.

so in simpler words, i really dont think its fair to be accusing a particular set of people, specially when weaponr himself said that its just generally very quiet in here lately.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:36 AM   #7
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

There is no problem in discussing the girlie Skyline vs. whatever...the problem now is that we are trying to dictate what someone says or opines. ChrisV, while opinionated and certainly well knowledged, does get heated only because he sees the younger crowd just talking out their behind.

It is the same thing vwhobo did (and would still do if here) and you all "hated" him for it. Now all of a sudden you want him back because you're bored? How fickle!

Quote:
whos pushing who out?
Quote:
It seems you're the one with the agenda all laid out already.

Instead of posting complaints and reasons why you're leaving or thinking of leaving...if you want to leave, just go. If not, hang out and play the game we play here. It's quite a successful forum the way it is.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:13 AM   #8
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Guys Guys, not leavin' as in leavin' and never returnin'. i'm just leavin' for the time bein' till it starts to get a little more excitin' in here again. i'll be postin' the odd posts every now and then when i have time too so it would be best if i say i won't be as active a member as i used to be. that clear things up now?

there's no point you guys goin' on about this now. just leave it where it is. we don't want then fights startin' up again now do we?

suggest you close the thread Bav? maybe other people may want to post so be better left open but please guys! don't carry on and have go's at each other! be
Old 07-08-2004, 05:13 PM   #9
zipper
CF Newbie

I know as long as we got Bav, ChrisV, and John (don't know his log name) is around, this place's still kicking. Anyone (most) who posts is an addition to this forum.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #10
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
There is no problem in discussing the girlie Skyline vs. whatever...the problem now is that we are trying to dictate what someone says or opines. ChrisV, while opinionated and certainly well knowledged, does get heated only because he sees the younger crowd just talking out their behind.

seems like it was a problem to u here....

Quote:

girly skylines ? how bout GIRLY BEEMERS

Last edited by Ki2AY : 07-08-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:03 PM   #11
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

havent been in this forum long but i still think its cool .. maybe it was better in the past i dunno but i still think its good, bav seems to be a great mod im not planning on abandoning this forum.

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Old 07-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #12
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Quote:
seems like it was a problem to u here....
No...my point was/is that most just want to "argue" who's favorite car is faster. The 'ole, "My Daddy can beat up your Daddy." playground discussions.

Quote:
Quote:
girly skylines ? how bout GIRLY BEEMERS

Just my opinion on the overall look of the car. It resembles the old 200SX now revamped 240SX...a girlie type "secretary's" car. Plus the name just doesn't yell out performance...you know what I mean? You mention Charger, and you know your talking about a big muscle type car...or something that produces a charge. You mention Viper...and you know you might get bit. You mention M5...and you know you just lost!

Skyline just does not make me shudder.

What is it a nice picture? A breath-taking view?

Just my opinion...that's all.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #13
Car Nirvana
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
You mention M5...and you know you just lost!

Lost !!! There are a hell of a lot of cars that are faster than an M5
Also the name 'M5' dosent make me 'shudder' just sounds like a main road to me, but yes Charger and Viper do sound --------> ' '

Noble M400 = Good bye M3 CSL and 911 GT3
M400 Lap time 52.60sec
911 GT3 Lap time 54.20sec
M3 CSL Lap time 54.75sec

And just for you Cliffy.....
M400 On the road 18/20
M3 CSL On the road 12/20
Review from Autocar
Old 07-08-2004, 07:57 PM   #14
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nirvana
Lost !!! There are a hell of a lot of cars that are faster than an M5
Also the name 'M5' dosent make me 'shudder' just sounds like a main road to me, but yes Charger and Viper do sound --------> ' '

It was a play on my preference...don't get all bent out of shape...

Old 07-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #15
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Just my opinion on the overall look of the car. It resembles the old 200SX now revamped 240SX...a girlie type "secretary's" car. Plus the name just doesn't yell out performance...you know what I mean? You mention Charger, and you know your talking about a big muscle type car...or something that produces a charge. You mention Viper...and you know you might get bit. You mention M5...and you know you just lost!

Skyline just does not make me shudder.

u know, ur right... the name does suck.. it is girly.. but man, the looks isnt girly at alll..

Quote:

^FUNNY!