Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2004, 02:21 AM   #1
jzxTT
CF Addict

SRI vs. CAI

OK what the deal hear, theres a big arguement that SRI (short ram intake) isn't better than CAI (cool air intake). I have an injen SRI and it works fine for me. You guys think CAI is the way to go? Some of my friends say that CAI doesn't do much as far as noticable hp gain. IMO SRI sounds awsome.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:40 AM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
OK what the deal hear, theres a big arguement that SRI (short ram intake) isn't better than CAI (cool air intake). I have an injen SRI and it works fine for me. You guys think CAI is the way to go? Some of my friends say that CAI doesn't do much as far as noticable hp gain. IMO SRI sounds awsome.

CAI = better because it gathers in cooler air. Cooler denser air = better = more power.

A SRI gather warmer air and hence is known as a warm air intake. A CAI should get about 50-100% better power over its SRI counterpart. Seen a ton of dynos with different intakes on the K20a2. The SRI's averaged around 7-9whp...the CAI's averaged around 13-17whp.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:30 AM   #3
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

its already been said, but just had to reiterate. Cold air=good, warm air=bad.

have you ever noticed how your car feels a bit more powerful first thing in the morning? before the engine gets up to tempreture and starts warming its air intake? build a custom heat shield and cold air box! maybe even a feeder pipe from the front of the car up to the airbox. not too low as to possibly draw in water through puddles, but low enough so as to bypass the hot air above the engine.

thats my opinion anyway.
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:46 AM   #4
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlicensed
its already been said, but just had to reiterate. Cold air=good, warm air=bad.

have you ever noticed how your car feels a bit more powerful first thing in the morning? before the engine gets up to tempreture and starts warming its air intake? build a custom heat shield and cold air box! maybe even a feeder pipe from the front of the car up to the airbox. not too low as to possibly draw in water through puddles, but low enough so as to bypass the hot air above the engine.

thats my opinion anyway.

hehe, yea. she was always so happy when i took her out on trips at 4am-5am. wouldnt complain one bit.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:32 AM   #5
jzxTT
CF Addict

my sri doesnt give me any problems. works fine for me. I guess ill give cai a try if its "better".
Old 07-11-2004, 03:02 AM   #6
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Well yes cold is better but i'd rather have a SRI cuz the long tubes from the CAI always frightened me like as if one day i'd need the space for something important.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 03:37 AM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Well yes cold is better but i'd rather have a SRI cuz the long tubes from the CAI always frightened me like as if one day i'd need the space for something important.

One drawback about CAI's is they are a SOB to put in. Have to remove wheel wheels usually and front bumper at times...SRI's drop right in, in 30 minutes or less.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote