Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2003, 02:42 AM   #1
JU5TIN
CF Newbie

2003 Cavalier

In the past the Cavalier has been given an unrelieable. I happen to have an aunt with an 88 Cavalier and it still runs. Now, the 2003 hasn't been around for long enough to know any reliablility issues but what are your predictions on the outcome of the 2003.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:48 AM   #2
bLen
CF Newbie

haha well if that still runs, im sure the 2003 will be wicked
bLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 03:06 AM   #3
Aten

I love it when they blow head gaskets, you can always see it coming. This is why I hate 4 cyls and 6 cyls, most of them were made with an aluminum head with a cast iron block.

I hope they fixed that with the new cavaliers.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
bLen
CF Newbie

welll if they are not retards then hopefully they did, other wise there morons lol
Old 03-25-2003, 01:51 AM   #5
JU5TIN
CF Newbie

Chevy are no retards, they know how to build a car, the only reason any car company builds a crappy car is because there are people stupid enough to buy them, it's not that they can't it's that they can make money off idiots. So, not that the Cavalier is a bad car, but I would like to see Chevy put out a good car in the same price as the Cavalier ($14-17 000 US).
Old 03-25-2003, 04:29 AM   #6
bLen
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU5TIN
Chevy are no retards, they know how to build a car, the only reason any car company builds a crappy car is because there are people stupid enough to buy them, it's not that they can't it's that they can make money off idiots. So, not that the Cavalier is a bad car, but I would like to see Chevy put out a good car in the same price as the Cavalier ($14-17 000 US).

ok so i build a car, know its crap and hope to sell it? chevy wouldnt do sucha thing they knnow what their doing, anycompay does not sell shit products (except for neopet mechandise) olol if a company sold shit cars, they would not live
Old 03-26-2003, 01:22 AM   #7
JU5TIN
CF Newbie

Every single car company buids a car that is bottem line or "crap" EVERYONE, no exceptions. Think before you respond.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:24 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Every single car company buids a car that is bottem line or "crap" EVERYONE, no exceptions. Think before you respond.

Now, now, Justin, don't expect bLen to think. 8)

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 01:26 AM   #9
JU5TIN
CF Newbie

LMAO, I think he's seen the fast and the furious to many times. LOL, jokes bLen.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:18 PM   #10
bLen
CF Newbie

Quote:

dood the cars they build may be cheap, they can still be quality, just because theyrer not like ****ing 80 grand doesnt mean they suck, tinhk before you respond
Old 03-26-2003, 10:24 PM   #11
JU5TIN
CF Newbie

I do think before I respond and I'm right, no one said any car had to be 80 grand to be good, some cars that are 80 grad suck in my opinion, now, to repeat mysleft in a manner you can understand. Every car company makes cheap cars, the cars won't last as long as there other cars, they won't be as powerful, and they might not even look as good. Why do you think people try and "supe" up there Civic, because a Civic is a cheap car, after a while they rust like hell and the engines start to go, the Civic is a perfect example infact, If you were to compare the Civic and the Accord. The Accord is more expensive, the Civic is cheaper, The Accord is more powerful, bigger, and is more practical and it costs more. I also hear they last longer to. Now, the Civic is the Cavalier of the imports, not built crappy, just built to a less of a standard than a Impala or an Accord. Now, you will probably reply saying this makes no sense but thats just because you don't know what your talking about.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:03 AM   #12
Aten

if we're talking about who has made shitty vehicles or not, every major vehicle company has made at least 2 lemons in their existence. I say this because my knowledge of other car manufacturers is quite limited.

Chevy bobbled on their ass when they introduced the 6.6L diesel engine in the truck line with high swirl aluminum heads ON A DIESEL!! Theyve had nothing but problems with that and I think theyve changed it back to iron heads, I hope at least.

4 words, cavalier 4cyl engine. Thats all I have to say

Ford.... Pinto, some Lincolns in the late 70s literally fell apart.

Chrysler....their first diesel PU was kind of pathetic considering the competition. I heard somewhere that some older dodge trucks have a habit of body parts falling off but I think its bullshit, but if you get in a tbone accident with a newer chevy truck the door may fall off, after all theyre only glued on with epoxy (May, since the epoxy is pretty damn strong)

Honda....like some asian import cars (toyotas) their bodies tend to rust out for some reason, at least the cheaper versions (this is only an observation, w/ our winters here they use salt like a SOB, I have a metallic green truck and after driving OTR for 10 miles it had become WHITE)

Cant say anything bad about mazda, datsun, etc (yet, datsun had some kickass diesel engines in their ranger size PUs, get 40+ mpg)
Old 04-15-2003, 08:33 AM   #13
sparke

Well I must tell you that My Brother owned a 1997 Cavalier Z24 (he sold it cause he is starting a family) And He LOVED that car and i have been in it many times and it was a GREAT car and he had No Problems with it. Oh ya i am Visiting Australia and they have a Car here Called a Holden Astra (Holden is Owned By GM). The Astra is about the same size as a Cavalier and let me tell you ALOT of Car Magazines over here Rave About them and say how great they are and how good there build quality is. I think they even use the same 2.2 litre engine that they use in the Cavalier. I think that you might find that this car might make its way to North America as the next Cavalier (hopefully) because i think that it will be a great sucsess. Hey the New Pontiac GTO is Basically a Holden Monaro With Pontiac Badges on it and it is already a Hit.. Well You decide but i think Cavaliers are a GREAT car and they have improved alot since the Early 90's... 8)
Old 11-22-2003, 08:08 PM   #14
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Re: 2003 Cavalier

Quote:
In the past the Cavalier has been given an unrelieable. I happen to have an aunt with an 88 Cavalier and it still runs. Now, the 2003 hasn't been around for long enough to know any reliablility issues but what are your predictions on the outcome of the 2003.

I don't really get you.So what if the car is 88!A lot of cars can run that long.Though because it's 88 doesn't mean that it has great reliability.I had a 2d Crown Victoria LTD.(a long time ago,i had it for a very short time)It was old but it had terrible reliability!!So just because your aunt has a 88 car that still runs doesn't mean that it has great reliability,To support your statement about it having good reliability you should provide some examples.
Like me,last year I sold my 85 Vw Golf.(Gas not diesel)When I sold it it had 380 000 km!!I sold it because i test drove a 2003 Jetta VR6,and fell in love.But back to the topic.The 85 golf had 120 000km when I bought it.Since 120 000km to 380 000km I didn't do anything in the car but regular maintenance and painted it's body.(I painted it because it was burgandy,ewww,I really don't like burgandy coloured cars)
Old 11-22-2003, 08:10 PM   #15
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparke
Well I must tell you that My Brother owned a 1997 Cavalier Z24 (he sold it cause he is starting a family) And He LOVED that car and i have been in it many times and it was a GREAT car and he had No Problems with it. Oh ya i am Visiting Australia and they have a Car here Called a Holden Astra (Holden is Owned By GM). The Astra is about the same size as a Cavalier and let me tell you ALOT of Car Magazines over here Rave About them and say how great they are and how good there build quality is. I think they even use the same 2.2 litre engine that they use in the Cavalier. I think that you might find that this car might make its way to North America as the next Cavalier (hopefully) because i think that it will be a great sucsess. Hey the New Pontiac GTO is Basically a Holden Monaro With Pontiac Badges on it and it is already a Hit.. Well You decide but i think Cavaliers are a GREAT car and they have improved alot since the Early 90's... 8)

About the Astra,I agree.Though even though Holden,Vauxhaul,and Opel are owned by GM doesn't mean that they are made as GM's in North America are made.