Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
zipper
CF Newbie

People Leaving?

There has been a few people talking about how the site is becoming less active and that many contributors are leaving. It seems like one of the reason so many educated and well informed users (usually well mannered) are leaving is because they feel that the regulars on this sites are too critical and discourteous towards their efforts to help.

Being the auto ignoramous that I am, I have asked for help many times. I have also made many errors in writing about cars and its relations. In making a mistake, I would recieve many hostile responses instead of understanding that I maybe a novice and that I may need some enlightenment. I have become more and more reluctant to post questions on this site because of the threat that other users may bash my innocent question or comment.

Even those who have the knowledge and experience are reluctant to post here because of the acrimonious responses they have recieved. I have been PMed by a few users who were willing to help me with their expertise through the use of emails instead of this site because of the hostile nature of some of the users. Flat out, they feel unwelcomed.

This is part of a PM I've recieved. I will keep the user anonymous.
"I will no longer post on this board because of the beligerant attitude of the regulars, who seem to delight in demonising anyone with some nouse.

I have about 30 years playing with and modifying cars under my belt so I'm sure I can help you get up to speed enough to understand the basics."

These are the types of people this site need most but we fail to keep them on this site. Although a healthy amount of criticism is needed on an inquiring site like this, perhaps we can do it in a manner and language so that no one may be offened.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra

yea, ur right. even i have gotten pmed for a few questions to which i could never get an answer to, just alot of crap. it is true that some of the members just start bitching n if someone disagrees, they will throw a tantrum and just form a big bitchfest that never ends.

i dont know about the activity level, it sometimes gets quiet but i dont have anything to compare it with, so ill stay quiet on that department.

but yea, the hostility level needs to be toned down a bit. for now, the only 2 i have seen so many complaints about have been yogi and chrisv (mainly chrisv). other times, dsmer can get a bit immature but just throw him a lollipop and a DSM RULES magazine and he will calm down

they are all good people (dsmer makes one good housewife), but yea, sometimes the hostility gets a bit annoying, specially chrisv's excess hostility.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

sadly true.....
Old 07-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I have also noticed a lot of tension here...But I for one cant wait to get back here for good!...I think I'll always post here, what ever happens!!! ...stick with it guys, what ever is going on here (I'm a bit lost myself, lol) I'm sure CF and it's members have the strength to overcome it

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 07-11-2004, 10:35 PM   #5
Ali T
CF Newbie

With the number of new people joining, this site should be thriving, but it's slightly inactive i have to admit
Old 07-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #6
Inygknok
El del Supra

i have enough laughs to stay in these forums just fine. forcing DSMer to cook my dinner and do my laundry.... sundown mopping my floor and doing my lunch... jzxtt cooking breakfast and polishing my nails while his gf cheats on him with me (j/k jzxtt :P )

its all good though, we even have our big bad tyrants like chrisv... we could even pretend hes trying to take over the world and we must fight the forces of evil using our crankwalks, BHG's (supra problem), and timing belts (300's), oh, and our bullet proof transmissions!

anyhow, the forum is still great and theres lots of good people to meet and make accomplices with.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:31 AM   #7
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

I'm definetly not leaving any time soon.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:32 AM   #8
What
Banned

The next cry baby that post another "members leaving" thread, is going to receive a slap via the five fingers of "What".
Old 07-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #9
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
The next cry baby that post another "members leaving" thread, is going to receive a slap via the five fingers of "What".
See now it is the crap like this. Who the heck does this guy think he is?? Certainly no friend of the Hobo
Old 07-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #10
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Unhappy

Quote:

And you would be who? I'm glad to see that the inherent power of 16 posts under your belt has gone to your head. This is a legitimate thread. Please. If you are going to try to help, then post something worth reading.

Back to the subject at hand. I couldn't agree more, gents. It seems that the forum has reached a quasi-stagnant level, and I think it is partly because of the animosity that has developed. Seems that rivalries are becoming more and more common- such as Inygknok vs. DSMer (who might want to consider maturing a little bit. I think he antagonizes people, and ends up biting off more than he can chew), and like was stated before, ChrisV and his relentless global assaults. Come on, folks. I know I am prone to a sharp tongue, but let's try to hold it for the sake of discussion. Stay together for the cars, kids.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh
Old 07-13-2004, 05:28 PM   #11
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
See now it is the crap like this. Who the heck does this guy think he is?? Certainly no friend of the Hobo

Actually, I am a friend of Hobo. I apologize for my behavior, there was a reason I acted that way. It was his suggestion actually......
You'll see my real, "mature" side now. Trust me, I can add to the forum. I'll cut down on the "slapping" also....
Old 07-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #12
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Actually, I am a friend of Hobo. I apologize for my behavior, there was a reason I acted that way. It was his suggestion actually......
You'll see my real, "mature" side now. Trust me, I can add to the forum. I'll cut down on the "slapping" also....

You are such an idiot, it's not even funny! ...and it all began with your Intro.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 07-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #13
TanyasMkIISupra
CF Newbie

I haven't been here for a couple of weeks, and although I'm a n00b, it seems I didn't miss much...
Old 07-13-2004, 11:05 PM   #14
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
i have enough laughs to stay in these forums just fine. forcing DSMer to cook my dinner and do my laundry.... sundown mopping my floor and doing my lunch... jzxtt cooking breakfast and polishing my nails while his gf cheats on him with me (j/k jzxtt :P )

its all good though, we even have our big bad tyrants like chrisv... we could even pretend hes trying to take over the world and we must fight the forces of evil using our crankwalks, BHG's (supra problem), and timing belts (300's), oh, and our bullet proof transmissions!

anyhow, the forum is still great and theres lots of good people to meet and make accomplices with.

what nice imagination you have there... (seriously) almost sounded like a poem lol
Old 07-14-2004, 12:24 AM   #15
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
First off nobody is going to believe you. You would have been more belieable if you had said you were a student of his or something like that. I personally think you are full of it and I agree w/ Bav:

Quote:
You are such an idiot, it's not even funny! ...and it all began with your Intro.