Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2004, 09:00 PM   #1
Rocafella
CF Newbie

Better Performance

If i sound like a noob with this question, well that is probably cus i am. I am just wondering what engine modifications i could make to a Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 v6 SRI. I would be very gratefull if you could tell me as much as you can about each mod(name, cost, what differencce it would make to the performance etc. All replys are appreciated
Rocafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

I may sound igent when i say, this... what is a vectra 2.5? what does it look like and what are the numbers for it? i am courius

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Coffin Type R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:36 PM   #3
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffin Type R
I may sound igent when i say, this... what is a vectra 2.5? what does it look like and what are the numbers for it? i am courius

i never heard of it also, i just searched it up on the net and it dosnt look to shabby.. and i thought i've seen all the cars in the world. this car just came out of no-where.. what kinda car is it? japanese, euro? im sure its not american.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:49 PM   #4
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
i never heard of it also, i just searched it up on the net and it dosnt look to shabby.. and i thought i've seen all the cars in the world. this car just came out of no-where.. what kinda car is it? japanese, euro? im sure its not american.

u clearly never played Gran Turismo 3

N00B!!!

lol j/k, anyhow, those vauxhall cars never hit the US market (or barely did, if im not mistaken). wat i can suggest is the common mods: headers, hi-flow cat, cat-back, cold air intake, spark plug wires, electric fans (only if ur fan is crank driven, else no real gains).

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

it sounds euro. what are the numbers for it?

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Coffin Type R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:58 AM   #6
VMJYogi
CF Addict

if he doesn't know what kinds of mods he can even begin with then i have a slight doubt that he'll understand what u mean when u ask what the numbers are. Hell i dont even know what ur talking about but then again i havent talked about cars with anyone until i joined this forum, so im prob. not caught up on all the lingo as of yet. So what does 'the numbers' mean? hp?torque? engine type? displacement?

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #7
Rocafella
CF Newbie

Vauxhall Vectra???

I beleive vauxhall is a german company(AKA opel). as for the numbers i dont have a clue. I could tell you almost anything about making a car look good for example what body kits you can get a stuff like that but when it comes to the technical stuff, well...

Here are some pictures so you can see what a vauxhall vectra 2.5 v6 SRI looks like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vectra4.jpg (28.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Vectra3.jpg (28.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Vectra2.jpg (26.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Vectra1.jpg (28.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra

the rear, top, and sides look like an E-Class (benz) spliced with a 4-door Focus. note the stop lights's design and the Focus-like curves while the sides have that bulky Benz style.

the front looks like a 98 corolla bonded with an older audi. the bonnet is corolla-style, while the head lights and front bumper remind me of an audi.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:18 PM   #9
Rocafella
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
the rear, top, and sides look like an E-Class (benz) spliced with a 4-door Focus. note the stop lights's design and the Focus-like curves while the sides have that bulky Benz style.

the front looks like a 98 corolla bonded with an older audi. the bonnet is corolla-style, while the head lights and front bumper remind me of an audi.

Good analysis, but is that good or bad. i cant tell from what you said whether you actually liked the car or not
Old 07-11-2004, 07:16 AM   #10
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

vauxhall! is english origanaly, but now owned by the mighty GM

we steal all the opel bodys (and most engines) and just re-badge em! also the same as Holden. except holden take the opel body and drop big 5.7 V8s into them! I'm sure our yank cousins can guess where the engine comes from?! to fill in all those not aware of the australian muscle cars! (holden commadore hsv, gto, gts) they take the opel omega body which typically has the 2.5 v6 engine and drop in the 5.7lt and tune it up to 300kw/420ish HP and thats before droping in the supercharger

another example of anglo/american genius!! cammadore chassis and panels (designed by brittish tom walkinshaw, F1 arrows team), paired with the american engines = proven A1 results!!
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #11
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocafella
Good analysis, but is that good or bad. i cant tell from what you said whether you actually liked the car or not

it looks good though, but they should make the sides a bit less bulky. other than that, i like it.

Old 07-11-2004, 05:45 PM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer

LOL....I do love it when sombody posts a thread like this...whereby most US folk have no idea what in the world's going on

Vauxhall, as a brand, is British, as I believe Unlicensed has already stated. Opel is the German variation of Vauxhall and have the same models as us in the UK but some of their earlier models had the names of our later models...if ya understand what I'm saying lol, for example, the Opel Cavalier was our first generation Vauxhall Vectra. Also, their Opel Kadett was out Mk2 Astra. I hope that make sense

Oh, and nygetc...I dont think the Vectra ever appeared in GT3...did it?...it was in GT2 though

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-11-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:45 PM   #13
Car Nirvana
CF Enthusiast

GM make cars for the euro market and badge them Vauxhall in the UK and Opel in the rest of the EU. simple as that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I dont think the Vectra ever appeared in GT3...did it?...it was in GT2 though

OMG nerd

Noble M400 = Good bye M3 CSL and 911 GT3
M400 Lap time 52.60sec
911 GT3 Lap time 54.20sec
M3 CSL Lap time 54.75sec

And just for you Cliffy.....
M400 On the road 18/20
M3 CSL On the road 12/20
Review from Autocar
Car Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:45 AM   #14
Rocafella
CF Newbie

"The Numbers"

Now that we have established what the car is, does anybody know what "the numbers" are for this car???

Cus i have no idea
Old 07-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #15
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
LOL....I do love it when sombody posts a thread like this...whereby most US folk have no idea what in the world's going on

Vauxhall, as a brand, is British, as I believe Unlicensed has already stated. Opel is the German variation of Vauxhall and have the same models as us in the UK but some of their earlier models had the names of our later models...if ya understand what I'm saying lol, for example, the Opel Cavalier was our first generation Vauxhall Vectra. Also, their Opel Kadett was out Mk2 Astra. I hope that make sense

Oh, and nygetc...I dont think the Vectra ever appeared in GT3...did it?...it was in GT2 though

im not sure about GT3, so many cars got eliminated, even the used cars section. many cars dont even appear in the buy menus but they are still around, as if hidden cars. in the buy section of the vauxhall part, there is only one car n its a race car, so i dont know, and i dont have gt2.