Originally Posted by Inygknok
u call THAT modest?
Yeah

Have A Drink On Me!

lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:23 PM   #18
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Talking

I'd have to say the following, since I am quite the realist and accept the fact that I will never own an M5. These are cars I'd hope to get:
- 2005 Saturn Ion Red Line
- 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
- 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6
- 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4/ the Dodge Stealth counterpart
- 1992 Nissan 300ZX
- 1998 Dodge Neon R/T or ACR
- 2002 Ford Bullitt Mustang
- 1993 Honda Prelude Si

I plan on driving a 1993 Honda Accord LX for about a year. Brother's old car. It's a real piece, but it'll do for the time being. I was considering keeping it and modding it, but I figured I'd pinch my pennies and save up to upgrade whatever car with which I replace the Accord. Earlier this year, when upgrading my brother's car from the Accord, my dad offered my brother a brand new Saturn Ion that had been installed with factory ground effects, sport alloy wheels, and performance tires. He turned it down for a 1996 Nissan Maxima. I was floored. Hope my dad will offer me a pre-owned Red Line. Dream Car right thurr....

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh

Last edited by Patrick : 07-13-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #19
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

realist stakes, I plan to have my vr-4 real soon
I hope to have the older shape s-class (pimped) for the mile muncher

Unrealistic stakes,

the boss's E55 AMG, a 4-dr sedan that does 0-60 in 4.7sec but with the brabus pulleys, ecu and cat, sl55 exhaust system and the airbag suspension module to drop the car even further.

or rather than that, the salesmanager's M5 (his own one while he's still here to watch me drive and dream of, like he does to me the cruelist thing he done was let me drive it while he was away, I just want it more now!

maybe not the fastest or best looking cars in others opinions, but I just love em!!

I'm gonna forget how lucky I am now to be driving home in the company car (evo6) and just thinking of the unatainable
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:06 AM   #20
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

BMW M5
Supra Mk III or Mk IV
Porsche 996 Sportec Turbo
SL 500
2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 (see sig)
Old 07-14-2004, 08:23 PM   #21
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
I never want to get a rotary car. No torque, and too difficult to fix. I like to fix my own cars, and I don't want to waste my time on a rotary.

The car I am going to own soon is a Infiniti G35 Coupe. They are soooo beautiful...

Becaeu an Infiniti G35 is so much simpler and cheaper to work on yourself than an RX7, right? Sorry, it sin't any more of a DIY car than teh Mazda is.

However, for those who love teh RX7 but don't want to deal with the rotary, Hinson Supercars makes a kit to put the lightweight LS1 V8 in the 3rd gen RX7, which retains teh balsnce, but adds gobs of torque AND hp.

That would be my realisatic goal car, though I have too many others I'd like to have, too.

BTW, I already built a V8 RX7 and owned it for 5 years with no problems..

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:38 PM   #22
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Becaeu an Infiniti G35 is so much simpler and cheaper to work on yourself than an RX7, right? Sorry, it sin't any more of a DIY car than teh Mazda is.

However, for those who love teh RX7 but don't want to deal with the rotary, Hinson Supercars makes a kit to put the lightweight LS1 V8 in the 3rd gen RX7, which retains teh balsnce, but adds gobs of torque AND hp.

That would be my realisatic goal car, though I have too many others I'd like to have, too.

BTW, I already built a V8 RX7 and owned it for 5 years with no problems..

Out of curiosity, did you weigh your V8 RX7 after you transplanted the V8?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:07 PM   #23
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Out of curiosity, did you weigh your V8 RX7 after you transplanted the V8?

Yes, and I've gone over this many times.

The car weighed 2720 after the conversion. I relocated the battery to behind the passenger side seat (in a space that the GXL and Turbo versions had a package tray in).. A stock RX7 TII weighs 2850 lbs. Which means that compared to a stock RX7 TII, I lost around 100 lbs up front. Since the sport model alredy came with the suspension and brakes of the TII, the car had no problems handling the V8. In fact, according to the scales we were using at Fordahl Motorsports to set the alignment, the car had a 49/51 f/r weight distribution with the V8.

The worst I've seen with a v8 conversion is a loaded TII with a Chevy engine that weighed almost 2900 lbs, and had a 52/48 f/r weight distribution without the driver.

While it's true that you can mod an RX7 to be lighter yet, or to have differnt weight distribution, my goal was to keep it comparable in balance to a stock TII, which is considered an excellent handling car. What I found was that my car actually handled better after the conversion than it had before. Before the conversion it had won it's last season of autocrossing with the rotary engine, but tended to understeer. With the V8, initial understeer was very mild, and easily countered with a bit more throttle.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cvetters3/rex1.MPG

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 07-15-2004, 05:35 PM   #24
Inygknok
El del Supra

the car looks just fine to me, seems to handle just fine as well. one thing though, the stripes make it look really gay

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:04 PM   #25
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

So apparently Cobra roadsters, the Cobra Daytona coupes, Lister Jags, Ford GTs, etc. are all gay? Son, this is a streetable race car, in the mold of the traditional GTs I grew up around. If you think they are gay, you're in need of a head check.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 07-15-2004, 08:30 PM   #26
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Thats a very nice RX-7. Although those stripes don't agree with that car very well. The body styling of the RX-7 may be almost similar or identical to some roadsters, but it does'nt go along with the RX-7 body. I understand where Inygknok is coming from. Maybe we're just to young for you ChrisV, because stripes are not something our generation views as cosmeticly appealing. (Still remembers when he saw that purple civic on pimp my ride with black stripes *shivers*). Nevertheless great car man

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...

Last edited by DSMer : 07-15-2004 at 08:32 PM.
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:36 PM   #27
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

A Lexus IS 300 ('01-'03 model)
1997 Toyota Supra RZ
Chevy Silverado 1500 Lt package ('99-'03)
1969 Chevy Camaro RS/SS with the LS6 engine package

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Coffin Type R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:23 AM   #28
bigwazar
CF Newbie

my dream cars would be:

1.1969 camaro ss
2.1970 Chevelle ss
3.1969 Mustang cobra gt
4.1991 eclipse
5.1995 supra twin turbo
6.neon srt-4
7.S2000
8.and the best car ever made the RX-8
bigwazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:42 AM   #29
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Thats a very nice RX-7. Although those stripes don't agree with that car very well. The body styling of the RX-7 may be almost similar or identical to some roadsters, but it does'nt go along with the RX-7 body. I understand where Inygknok is coming from. Maybe we're just to young for you ChrisV, because stripes are not something our generation views as cosmeticly appealing. (Still remembers when he saw that purple civic on pimp my ride with black stripes *shivers*). Nevertheless great car man

couldnt have said it better myself..... i like the stripes, but it depends on the application. an example is my boss's viper, the traditional blue with white double stripes, and it looks good with them. old stangs with stripes too..... but for cars nowadays, such as civics, rx-7s, and even supras to have those sorts of stripes on them...... looks too "ricey" imo..... hence why i never mentioned anything about old cars chrisv, i only mentioned your rx-7 with the stripes, not old cars (check my other post and tell me where did i ever call any car with stripes gay, i will personally apologize if u find such a comment).

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:01 AM   #30
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
BMW M5
Supra Mk III or Mk IV
Porsche 996 Sportec Turbo
SL 500
2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 (see sig)

Out of all the bike out there, yes the YZF-R1 is one of the best but did u pick it cuz looks or speed? Looks i think ur a right on but speed u gotta check out the suzukis. they got the 2 bikes that are unbelievable.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote