Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2004, 12:50 PM   #31
berniesbebie
CF Newbie

I want a 85 or 86 monte carlo.Similiar to my boyfriends but i probaly wont mess with it as much as he has with his. He recently put a 350 and 6 speed trans in.
berniesbebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #32
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
couldnt have said it better myself..... i like the stripes, but it depends on the application. an example is my boss's viper, the traditional blue with white double stripes, and it looks good with them. old stangs with stripes too..... but for cars nowadays, such as civics, rx-7s, and even supras to have those sorts of stripes on them...... looks too "ricey" imo..... hence why i never mentioned anything about old cars chrisv, i only mentioned your rx-7 with the stripes, not old cars (check my other post and tell me where did i ever call any car with stripes gay, i will personally apologize if u find such a comment).

The point is that the RX7, especailly as I've done it, IS indeed very much like the other cars mentioned, including the Viper (though I painted the RX7 in '93, 3 years before the Viper GTS arrived. These are cars that are all of the same layout, virtually identical form, and in the same role. Why you think they work on one car, but not on an almost identical car, I don't know. Especially when you say you like them on ONE modern car, but call them gay (and if that's not insulting, I dont' know what is) on another car that is shaped very similar, doing the same job, in the same genre...

It's one thing to say YOU'D do the car differently. It's quite another to say it's "gay." that's rude, ignorant, and uncalled for.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:28 PM   #33
Inygknok
El del Supra

I don't know exactly why you're getting worked up for, but I did say "IMO" quite a few times, just to state it was simply "my opinion" mainly because it is MY opinion simple because that's MY opinion (I'll repeat that more next time if the whole "MY opinion" thing doesn't get through). As for the "gay" adjective, ok, how about this then.... in MY opinion and MY own personal point of view, the color scheme of your particular vehicle seems inadequate for its style according to today's popular beliefs, commerciality, and society (IE: ricers and the likes).

Happy now? I even bothered to use correct spelling all for you

so now back to typing incorrectly out of pure lazyness

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #34
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
I don't know exactly why you're getting worked up for, but I did say "IMO" quite a few times, just to state it was simply "my opinion" :

Because you can't just excuse a f*cking rude insult like "it's gay" by saying "it's my opinion."

I mean, would you walk up to someone and say, "it's just my opinion, but your wife's ugly" and expect that no one takes offense???? Where the FU(K do you live that that is considered acceptable?????

Fecking kids, thinking you can say and damn rude insulting thing you want and get away with it by saying "it's only my opinion, and opinions can't be wrong."

Fecking bastard!

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:25 PM   #35
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Because you can't just excuse a f*cking rude insult like "it's gay" by saying "it's my opinion."

I mean, would you walk up to someone and say, "it's just my opinion, but your wife's ugly" and expect that no one takes offense???? Where the FU(K do you live that that is considered acceptable?????

Fecking kids, thinking you can say and damn rude insulting thing you want and get away with it by saying "it's only my opinion, and opinions can't be wrong."

Fecking bastard!

Ok ChrisV calm down man. I understand why you get worked up. I own a 1g and I've heard tons of people call my car ugly. Fact aside it would probably kill their piss weak cars if I really wanted to. It still makes my blood boil. Inygknok, Saying something is your opinion does'nt make it any better. We all know its your opinion theres no need to state that. If it comes out your mouth, then its yours. Theres no one running arround stealing opinions, so stating that its your opinion does'nt make the statement any nicer or any more subtle..

Inygknok, if you can see ChrisV did'nt get ubsurdley pissed at my post because I expressed my opinion in a generally respectable tone. Calling someones hard work and pride "gay" is just not nice. You would'nt appreciate someone ragging on your Supra (and you don't) so its not always ok to come off so strong with such a bold opinion. So whatever have you, chill out guys. No need to get worked up over this issue.

**EDIT**
ChrisV, you would'nt happen to be the Mod ChrisV at Supercars Would yah?

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...

Last edited by DSMer : 07-16-2004 at 10:51 PM.
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #36
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

its nice to see DSMER trying to calm things down... thats a happy thought.

but yes, Inygknok shouldnt have called it gay, he could have said it like "im sorry, but stripes isnt my thing" or so and so... and for ChrisV, i understand his blood boils when someone critisizes cars that he had worked on for 7 years blah blah blah, thats his personality, but lets try to suck it up sometimes yeh?

we all can see by now that ChrisV symbolizes his cars like it was his own WIFE.

Last edited by Ki2AY : 07-16-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:57 AM   #37
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

hey chris...i think you'd like my buddy's '72 MG....he swapped in a 350 chevy with a 4 speed and made it a '66 cobra replica...it's pretty sweet because he didn't buy a kit or anything, he fabbed up everything himself...he molded in old VW bug fenders in back to give it the right look. it's even got the proper 2 bow convertible top.....

anywho...when my lawsuit(s) settle(long story), i plan on buying an '87-88 T-bird turbo coupe. I love the body of the '83-88 t-birds and cougars and they're pretty easy to find. Of course I'll buy the cleanest, lowest mileage one i can find and then mod it. I like the fact that it's almost as fast as a grand national with 2 less cylinders and you can get it in a 5-speed(who would want an auto, fords aod's suck anyway). What can i say, i love turbos...afterall they take so well to mods.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 05:21 AM   #38
Inygknok
El del Supra

oh, i never really get offended lol, i just pretend to be pissed off to get into the moment for the heck of it. if any of u ever get to meet a group of puerto ricans (specially in new york, cali, and florida, and chicago), u will see how they pretty much have no sense of respect for anything cuz we just dont care tbh.

we have pretty big mouths, and tend to shove our heads up our..... rectums? (is that one acceptable?)

about the whole wife thing, yea, i would and i have, and yes, i spent alot of time in the principal's office back in high school, middle school, elementary school....

i just dont get offended cuz, lets say for example, dsmer goes ahead and calls my supra a Poopra again, i actually find it funny and i know its not a Poopra, but i will just give him the joy of believing im angry just for amusement and seeing where it all leads to, but why get angry over something u know is not true? if u know its not gay, then there is no problem at all. im sure we have all had ugly girlfriends at some point (even i have), n people would say it straight to my face, mainly cuz i have a good taste and sometimes it would be odd to see me with an ugly girl, n i would say, "hell yea shes ugly, but shes a great person". same goes with my car, "hell yea its not the sexiest car in the world, but its my damn car ".

thats how i view the world. i dont expect to get away with anything at all, i never do, but i do expect more from someone as old and experienced as chrisv not to get so worked up on something so simple, specially a comment from a "fecking bastard kid". i get the point that thats his personality, but he should get the point that we all have our own personalities, just like ki2ay has his own personality of never listening to anything, dsmer loves giving me ideas for crankwalk krap, jzxtt has a damn fine gf and is a moron for selling his Z (yes, i hate u for selling it), so on so forth.

i have pretty much come to notice that all arguments in this forum are just cuz people like to stick their heads up their... rectums... and just blatantly ignore the fact that we are all different. i personally, always try to keep in the best mood as possible and if something is turning sour, find a way to make it funny and just forget about the whole thing, cuz getting pissed off just means lowering yourself to their level, or even further (pond scum anyone? hi ki2ay ).

fortunately, stripes are just stripes to me. like i said, they are application specific for me. even body colors are. i cant even stand supras in those green colors some people have them in..... its like speeding mucus balls....

i think everyone has noticed by now that i always try to make some sort of joke, even if its lame, in my posts just to show that im trying to keep my humor up n thats all i mean, its plain humor. im sorry for those that dont understand that, but i cant do anything to make u understand that an upside down frown might just make your life alot more cheerfull.

Old 07-18-2004, 04:34 AM   #39
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
i just dont get offended cuz, lets say for example, dsmer goes ahead and calls my supra a Poopra again, i actually find it funny and i know its not a Poopra, but i will just give him the joy of believing im angry just for amusement and seeing where it all leads to

First off, I've never called a Supra a poopra. Thats just childish. If I make fun of a car I'll just call it crappy. No need to make up names. If your car sucks it just sucks. Anywhos...

My number 1 all time car I would want to own is a Shelby GT500. I just wanna pull up at the light next to some guy in a "Supra", or any other heavily modded import. Say "Hey, nice car. What you got under the hood" Rev my engine, drop the clutch and burn rubber into his intake. Even if he does'nt accept my challenge, just to show how much of an ass I am. Yeah nothing better show your maturity than boasting your legendary "Eleanor"...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:30 AM   #40
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Ill pick up the slack for Stiman. Just look at the badboy in my sig... and the new 997 Porsche, but turbo'd (dunno when that will actually be out)
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:58 AM   #41
Inygknok
El del Supra

nah dsmer, somebody else once called it a Poopra in this forum.... and i cant remember exactly who it was, but its in the Asian section, thats as much as i can remember, well that and that it was in a DSM argument (probably one of the Supra vs this threads).

EDIT: found it here

it was sundown in the old supra vs eclipse thread

Last edited by Inygknok : 07-18-2004 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:23 PM   #42
240sx
CF Newbie

RSX Type-s
64 Impala
Escalde
69 Chevellle SS
RX8
3000GT
Ferrari Enzo
the list goes on and on...........
240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:01 AM   #43
mischa
CF Newbie

Arrow

BMW-older: E30 M3
BMW-newer: Hartge E46 or E39 M5
Mercedes-older: Gullwing 300SL
Lowrider: '59 Impala
Mustang: '69 Boss 302

Muscle: '68 Charger R/T
Japanese-newer: R34 SKyline
Japanese-90s: RX-7
Exotic: Murcielago

wonderful.

realistically i hope to own the E30 (maybe not M3) and the Dodge (maybe not R/T)
Old 08-13-2004, 05:44 AM   #44
Wv/Hp
CF Newbie

911 Turbo
1993 or 2004 Audi S4
BMW M3
Wv/Hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:37 AM   #45
TigerLeigh
CF Newbie

A Shelby Mustang Cobra, like Eleanor, in Gone in 60 Seconds... they actually have a place that manufacturs those now, just since the movie!!
TigerLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote