Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2004, 05:13 AM   #1
id hit it 2ice
CF Newbie

97 Toyota Camry Question(s)

well i inherited a 97 Toyota Camry that doesn't run at all right now. My sister never took care of it so the engine burned out on her. My question is how much will a new engine cost me (its a 4 cylinder). Oh, and should i consider re-building the engine instead? well any answers would be much appreciated.

thanks.

-Fred
id hit it 2ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:20 AM   #2
jzxTT
CF Addict

Well fred, The car sounds like its in banged up condition. Just get a new car. It'll prolly cost around 3 thousand to get the car running again. for that price you could get a civic or a mercedes 190E. IMO its not worth putting money into.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:18 AM   #3
id hit it 2ice
CF Newbie

Thanks for the advice. Most liklely what im going to do is try to sell the car the way it is and just go by somthing new.

Thanks again

-Fred
id hit it 2ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
jzxTT
CF Addict

No problem. Good Luck sellin the camry. Look into an integra, Extremely reliable.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:05 AM   #5
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Well engine burning out is a very broad term. When i think of burned out engine i think that the engine prolly blew up from being redlined too often or sumthin. It might just need an overhaul. Which is only about 1000. So if u are thinking about it then have the engine checked. Also depends on how long the car was sitting there. BUT i think camrys are really ugly and slow cars. So i'd suggest getting something else. Cept the newer ones r very nice looking. And good on the economy. But like i said i'd get another car.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote