I like pie.

and another !!

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:53 PM   #47
heebee
CF Enthusiast

I've no idea which of these is quicker around a track, but if I was spending that sort of money I wouldn't care: I'd buy a dedicated track car and a luxury saloon.

One thing is for sure: that monstrosity of a Cadillac is not going to go down well in Europe. Man, is it ever ugly. It's almost as if Chris Bangle got a sneak preview, felt sorry for Cadillac and decided to sabotage the lines of Beemers...

And the interior! How many colours and textures do you need? It really does look like the whole car was designed by comittee, and one with a 'no peeking' rule at that.

I can imagine that this may appeal to the American market, but personally, I wouldn't be seen dead in one (unless they make a hearse, of course). Give me a slower, more comfortable, prettier Jaguar or Merc any day.
heebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:26 PM   #48
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Yes thats all great but the CTS-V was'nt produced to compete with the new M5 thats what the STS-V is for you dumbass. Think before you type next time. The interior on the Caddilac CTS-V has been virtually the same since the debut of the 2003 CTS. I fail to see any big leap foward in GM. Caddilac has always been on the top of its game. They just decided to make a sport compact sedan. Wich they accomplished up to Caddilac standards.

"While most people don't like I-Drive. I do. It seems the comp=uter generationites such as myself....."
Ah shut up. Computers have been arround before your generation(at least from the point you actually devolped enough mental capacity to operate a computer). You're not special, and you're not smart for learning how to use a knob.

Ah, yes, more inane comments coming from the DSMer. It's always welcome for you to keep doing this and me making you look more like an ass.

The CTS-V NOW competes with the M5 due to it's sedan design and also both cars are nearly identical in sizes. The M3 is a small two door sports car. The CTS-V is not. The M5 matches the critera more against the CTS-V. going by p[rice would be stupid knowing a BMW is going to cost much more anywho.

Just look at the stats for their size (using regular CTS vs. regular 5 series) :

CTS - Length- 190.1"
Width- 70.6"
Wheelbase- 113.3"
Weight -3,500lbs

5 series (530) - Length- 190.6"
Width- front - 79.8" total 61.3" center of wheel to other center of wheel, back - 72.7" total 62.3" center of wheel to center of wheel
Wheelbase- 113.7"
Weight -3,460lbs

Wow, looks like they are almost identical in every dimension, yet you claim the true competition for the CTS-V is the M3 which in turn is quite a bit smaller than above.

M3 - Length- 176.8"
Width- front - 70.1" total 59.4" center of wheel to other center of wheel, back - 70.1" total 60.0" center of wheel to center of wheel
Wheelbase- 107.5"
Weight- 3,400lbs

Now which car is closer to the size of the CTS? The M3 or 5 series? Well, I'll save you the trouble of being dumb again, it's the 5 series.

Again price has little-no bearing. If it were based solely on price that would mean the XLR is competition for the last M5, the Mustang GT premium is competition for the Evo RS, the TL is competition for the STi. See how your logic is flawed? You have to take into account size/dimensions and also style of car is a big factor (whether its four door, two door, roadster etc...).

Computers have been around since the 1940s. But really never took off until my generation. Computers really never made a big home appearance until the early 90's when the 386 and 486 were hitting the scene. Then later the Pentium. Again, now your LACK of computer knowledge impresses me all the more of your moronic statements such as your last paragraph above. Also, best you dont ever say ANYTHING about my computer knoweldge, for I will school you on ANYTHING hardware based. BTW - I ran a small custom computer business for over a year building computers to order.

I made the I-Drive comment becuase if you read ANY review for the new 5 or 7 series they blast the complexity of the I-Drive system and it's rather near-impossible learning curve.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #49
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Really? The CTS-V does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds...the M3 in 4.7 and the M5 in 4.9.

In what world is 5.2 seconds faster than 4.7 and 4.9..

I see since you got your ass shut up about the CTS-V arround the track you wanna nit pick and bitch about some other information found on that site. Meh your beef is with tha GM website not me.... Then again those test 0-60 test could have been actually been done by GM. Wich could conclude their 0-60 results.

Quote:
The CTS-V NOW competes with the M5 due to it's sedan design and also both cars are nearly identical in sizes. The M3 is a small two door sports car. The CTS-V is not.

No it does'nt... At least not the M5 you desrcribed with the 500HP. That car is yet to even be released. So tell me T-Bird... how do you design a car in 2004 to compete with a car that comes out in 2005? I suppose you're gonna tell me GM has the eye of the future? Again you're comment was beyond idiotic. Yes you desribed the 2005 model of M5, wich the STS-V will be made to compete with.

Quote:
Computers have been around since the 1940s. But really never took off until my generation. Computers really never made a big home appearance until the early 90's when the 386 and 486 were hitting the scene. Then later the Pentium. Again, now your LACK of computer knowledge impresses me all the more of your moronic statements such as your last paragraph above. Also, best you dont ever say ANYTHING about my computer knoweldge, for I will school you on ANYTHING hardware based. BTW - I ran a small custom computer business for over a year building computers to order.

Oooh you're gonna school me because you can put together a computer? STFU, you're an idiot. It does'nt take rocket science to put a computer togheter. You are mediocre and a dumbass if you think you're special for possessing that "tallent". Again you fail to see that being 1 years old when the first 386 is realeased does'nt make you smart with computers. Again, you're not the generation of computers. Kids born arround 1996ish to now are. My god you're just stupid all over... . Maybe you should use you're special tallents to build yerself of a nice cumputy and search the web and learn something about a damn car.

"I ran a small custom computer business for over a year building computers to order"

Tell me T-Bird, whats so damn custom about somone saying I want that and you just add it to the motherboard? A "Custom" shop my ass. Unless you were "customly" building chips and boards you were'nt "customizing" shit. I could save everyone that ever bought a computer outta your "custom shop" the trouble of dealing with your mornic ass and gave them a tiger direct catelouge and they could have learned your "skill of building computers" in 10 minutes. Yeah Mr. I'm so smart on computers. Kiss my ass you dumbfounded fool, you aint special, and you sure as hell aint are'nt gonna school me on anything relevant to computers and or cars. Enuff said... I can obviously tell you have no idea what you speak of. So everytime you come out of your dark hole I'm gonna shoot you and your idiotic comments back in your hole until you learn yourself better. Has nothing to do with me being an ass, its you being a dumbass..

DAMN!, I'm thirsty....

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:00 PM   #50
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
I said that the CTS-V never posted faster lap times than the M3. That isn't my opinion, it is fact. Every track comparison between the CTS-V and M3 has been a victory for the M3.

Except that in actual track use, teh CTS-V beats it. Proven. tyhe cars in teh Speed GT are prepared to stock class rules, which means very litle can be done to them other than safety and tire changes. Once given equal tires, the CTS-V beats teh M3 on teh track. Which means teh negineering of the CAR is at least as good as teh M3. Of course, you also said:

Quote:
The CTS-V will NEVER beat a M3 around ANY track

Again, proven wrong. In an unbiased SCCA event.

Quote:
Remember, the CTS-V can't beat the M3 around the track. It can beat the M5, I've said that earlier.

You said it earlier? you asked:

Quote:
You still haven't named the categories that the CTS-V kicks the old M5's ass in.

And those were given. Now you want to backpedal and say you never said it couldn't? Sorry, but you're wrong.

The fact is the CTS-V and the STS-V are the equal of BMW's finest. The upcoming CTS-V Plus and STS-V Plus will up the ante just like the V10 M5 will (which is a car I love, BTW).

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:37 PM   #51
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And those were given. Now you want to backpedal and say you never said it couldn't? Sorry, but you're wrong.

This has to be the dumbest crowd I've ever been in...No wonder VWHOBO left....I said that the CTS-V doesn't DOMINATE the M5 like DSMer was saying that it was. I never disagreed that the CTS-V was faster than the M5 AT A TRACK. But in a drag race, the M5 will win.

Quote:
I see since you got your ass shut up about the CTS-V arround the track you wanna nit pick and bitch about some other information found on that site.
Responding to you is pointless. I'd rather just slap you.

Quote:
"However, the most important to GM is that this car has lapped Nurburgring in 8min 19sec, beating both the M3 and M5! "
I wasn't going to say anything, but you left out a part of that quote...

"However, the most important to GM is that this car has lapped Nurburgring in 8min 19sec, beating both the M3 and M5 ! (though not the M3 CSL)"

The M3 prevails...
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:11 PM   #52
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
The fact is the CTS-V and the STS-V are the equal of BMW's finest. The upcoming CTS-V Plus and STS-V Plus will up the ante just like the V10 M5 will (which is a car I love, BTW).

As a biased BMW enthusiast,...in "words" our average member can understand:

Nuh-uhhhh!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:22 PM   #53
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
I wasn't going to say anything, but you left out a part of that quote...

There was no discussion of any M3 CSL. Just the M3, don't try and change your original words. You said the M3 will never be outracked by a CTS-V and you were wrong. Just shut up allready, ChrisV and I were right. You sit there and try to backpedal and change your original wording and "beliefs". Does'nt matter, you were wrong. End of story...

Quote:
As a biased BMW enthusiast,...in "words" our average member can understand:

Nuh-uhhhh!

Hehe . Yes Bav, Caddy has their valves on there heads correctly. Well for the most part they were always on point. Now that they have decided to enter the genre of performance sedans, BMW and Mercedes are going to have to step up there game... cuz "GM's BACK BITCH!". (Hehe, I always wanted to say that)

Old 07-22-2004, 11:07 PM   #54
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Hehe . Yes Bav, Caddy has their valves on there heads correctly. Well for the most part they were always on point. Now that they have decided to enter the genre of performance sedans, BMW and Mercedes are going to have to step up there game... cuz "GM's BACK BITCH!". (Hehe, I always wanted to say that)

It's a shame you've had to hold your emotions back on account of GM's inability to play hard ball...However, since the Germans have played this game a bit better and a bit longer, I don't see a big problem.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:04 AM   #55
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
It's a shame you've had to hold your emotions back on account of GM's inability to play hard ball...However, since the Germans have played this game a bit better and a bit longer, I don't see a big problem.

*Has a sneaking suspicion that BavarianWheels is German. "Art de voot te naimen, we like the Bayerische Motoren Werke"* Hehe J/K

Well if Germany is so big and bad they wont mind any newcomers into the sporty sedan genre. Surley a company thats been in the business since the early 1920's, and well before that with airplanes, wont mind another company(wich I believe is almost 20 yrs older than BMW) to venture into their turf. Go GM!

Old 07-23-2004, 03:44 AM   #56
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

Much longer rear deck, rounded taillights, no licence plate between taillights, etc. Yeah, the fact that the taillights are slightly vertical, and placed at the outside corners might make you mistake one for the other and think they arte "identical" but that's a seriously lame reason to bash the car.

Most of your other points are about as baseless. If you can't tell the difference between this car, the Impala and the STS-V, then your powers of observation in everything are in question...

I was pointing out the rear end only, not bashing it. Just syaing they appear similar.

I can bash one thing though...

STS = carbon copy of CTS stretched out.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:21 AM   #57
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I was pointing out the rear end only, not bashing it. Just syaing they appear similar.

I can bash one thing though...

STS = carbon copy of CTS stretched out.

Looks at the pictures ChrisV posted. Hmm, first he could'nt even distinguish the difference between a MonteCarlo and Impala. Then he says the rear end appears "similar" to that of a CTS. Yep that kid has lost all of his marbles if any he had to begin with.

"STS = carbon copy of CTS stretched out"

An M3 and M5 look the exact same aside from their slightly longer bodies and probably different head lights. So whats your point? Does'nt mean the car is any less of performance. I fail to see the "bash" there.

"Duh er, you looker just like yas twin bro, aww shucks but hes taller... HAWW I just OWN3ED you"

This guy needs a serious brain stem linkage adjustment. Cause hes not hitting all of his gears right. Haha (Now that a bash)

Old 07-23-2004, 06:54 AM   #58
1-Sick-CaVi
CF Newbie

for non believers, cavy's kill!

for anyone who dont believe cavy's or a domestic wont kill, try racing one first, you think because the cars that are stock racing against something with mods is slow, let me tell you somethin, any acura or honda over here in IA that races me doesn't compare, i have over $30,000 into my cavalier and it's an automatic, believe it or not, i also hate people saying that sticks are faster, NO THEY ARE NOT, i have beatin cars sponsored from actual companies that have the car all moded and race it for a sponsorship agreement and i win a lot of them, the biggest race i have won was against a mitsubishi eclipse GSX with stage 4 turbo and sponsored by about 25 different companies, so you can imagine what they had besides one of the best turbo's out there, i am not saying that imports suck, believe me i would love to have one, but you guys need to relize we are americans driving import cars, i am sticking with american here, it does save money too, but dont ever say a domestic can't beat an import because people out there know imports are not invincible to our domestics and that is the truth!!!
1-Sick-CaVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:57 PM   #59
lutz
Top-Hat

Quote:
Over at Roadfly BMW mesage boards, a number of BMW owners are changing to the CTS-V...
Honestly, nuthin' surprises me anymore...

Have A Drink On Me!

lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:54 PM   #60
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
*Has a sneaking suspicion that BavarianWheels is German. "Art de voot te naimen, we like the Bayerische Motoren Werke"* Hehe J/K

Well if Germany is so big and bad they wont mind any newcomers into the sporty sedan genre. Surley a company thats been in the business since the early 1920's, and well before that with airplanes, wont mind another company(wich I believe is almost 20 yrs older than BMW) to venture into their turf. Go GM!

Nope not German.

I'm sure they won't mind some "competition."