Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #61
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer

No it does'nt... At least not the M5 you desrcribed with the 500HP. That car is yet to even be released. So tell me T-Bird... how do you design a car in 2004 to compete with a car that comes out in 2005? I suppose you're gonna tell me GM has the eye of the future? Again you're comment was beyond idiotic. Yes you desribed the 2005 model of M5, wich the STS-V will be made to compete with.

Oooh you're gonna school me because you can put together a computer? STFU, you're an idiot. It does'nt take rocket science to put a computer togheter. You are mediocre and a dumbass if you think you're special for possessing that "tallent". Again you fail to see that being 1 years old when the first 386 is realeased does'nt make you smart with computers. Again, you're not the generation of computers. Kids born arround 1996ish to now are. My god you're just stupid all over... . Maybe you should use you're special tallents to build yerself of a nice cumputy and search the web and learn something about a damn car.

"I ran a small custom computer business for over a year building computers to order"

Tell me T-Bird, whats so damn custom about somone saying I want that and you just add it to the motherboard? A "Custom" shop my ass. Unless you were "customly" building chips and boards you were'nt "customizing" shit. I could save everyone that ever bought a computer outta your "custom shop" the trouble of dealing with your mornic ass and gave them a tiger direct catelouge and they could have learned your "skill of building computers" in 10 minutes. Yeah Mr. I'm so smart on computers. Kiss my ass you dumbfounded fool, you aint special, and you sure as hell aint are'nt gonna school me on anything relevant to computers and or cars. Enuff said... I can obviously tell you have no idea what you speak of. So everytime you come out of your dark hole I'm gonna shoot you and your idiotic comments back in your hole until you learn yourself better. Has nothing to do with me being an ass, its you being a dumbass..

DAMN!, I'm thirsty....

Someone looking to buy a Sedan performance car is usually NOT looking to buy a COUPE performance car. They usually want the sedan for a specific reason. If they wanted a coupe they would look at the Vette instead of the CTS-V (or the XLR). Just ask around to M3 and CTS-V owners. They aren't shopping around for both of those cars...

I can't believe you said 'how can someone design a car to compete against a car that isnt out yet'. Are you a moron? They do that ALL THE TIME. If they didn't do that they wouldn't be competitive. Specs start getting leaked about a year ahead of time anywho for cars. not to even mention the car industry guys probably get those leaks WAY before us. Nissan said it themselves MONTHS back...they will be designing the U.S. version of the GTR Skyline (slated for it's 07 release) to be competitive with the 911 of around the same year. It's all about anticpation (you cant look at the ratings of cars now and then come out with a car two years later that competes with THEM...by then they will have something new out that is more powerful). This is simple R/D car design, you don't know what the competition has to offer in the future you're screwed. With a man of your claiming of knowledge on cars I think you would know this, but i guess not. Another inane, moronic, 'i dont know what I am talking about' comment coming STRAIGHT from your ignaorance.

Ah,yes, now you will try my on computers. I hope you were going to go there. Let's see EVERY person that's ever challeneged me on my computer skills I have this one thing they can do if they think 'its so easy, if it doesnt fit try another slot'. I give them what customers would give me and see if they can even fdirst build a compatable computer and then have to worry about even if the parts do all fit if they can co-exsist with one another without being bugged up and THEN on top of that know what each and every-thing you must do to compile and assemble a computer in the correct manner. Such as, before I've seen people put on HSF's on the chipset and CPU without ANY thermal compound down before hand. Lot's fo simple things people just don't know about. Also using adequete brands (such as a generic '550watt' PS against an Antec 550watt PS). Guess what though, everytime I've given them something a customer would have gave me, they screw up and cant even get the compatibilities correctly or not get a good enough this or that for the applications they will be running. Typical 'Its so easy anyone could do it' moron and then screw up horridly when trying. Kids born around 1996 are the computer geeks you say? Wow, I havent been seeing these 8 year olds have computer businesses and putting together computers. You must live around a Nuclear dump. Maybe you should try websters and learn to spell 'talent' correctly before insulting someone about it

Wow, I think you really are 7 year old gone bad. Tiger Direct -> lmao. You are funny kid. Custom computer companies build to order. Also we do things such as add fans to sides/top of cases (which requires cutting), add watercooling systems (DangerDen/Koolance) and get custom paint jobs to the customers specs. Have you never SEEN a custom computer? First you waste all of your keyboard saying how building a computer is 'simple' and then you waste another paragraph 'its not custom'. I'll tell you this. Our computers are one-of-a-kind. How is that NOT custom? Unless two customers want the exact same thing it's original for each customer. You really are just trying nit-pick now aren't you? Oh well, typical of your idiotic kind.

Oh, and the 'stupid all around' comment. Very funny. I might as well laugh at that too, knowing I got a 1470 SAT and 4.4 GPA....gee, you really must NOT know me

You might as well stop posting to me if all you're going to do is bash every-thing I say because you're losing each time. It's actually pretty sad you persist on doing this and nit-pick at the DUMBEST of things to even argue about. Then write a whole paragraph on it (which usually never makes any sense) and bash it completely without even having the BASIS of knowledge on the topic. I guess that's what one is reduced to when you just have nothing left, oh so sad.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:24 PM   #62
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Looks at the pictures ChrisV posted. Hmm, first he could'nt even distinguish the difference between a MonteCarlo and Impala. Then he says the rear end appears "similar" to that of a CTS. Yep that kid has lost all of his marbles if any he had to begin with.

"STS = carbon copy of CTS stretched out"

An M3 and M5 look the exact same aside from their slightly longer bodies and probably different head lights. So whats your point? Does'nt mean the car is any less of performance. I fail to see the "bash" there.

I said the CTS and Monte Carlo's rear ends resemble each other due to the vertical tail lamps. what is it with you people and bashing on stuff i never EVEN said? You really have NOTHING left, do you? I never once said the Monte Carlo looked like the Impala. So I dont know where that comment came from.

"M3 looks like an M5" <- ROFL, are you BLIND? First off, one is a coupe and one is a sedan (the biggest obvious difference...didn't know you couldnt tell that). The STS and CTS are both sedans.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/M/M3Coupe/gallery.htm

http://www.autoweek.com/search/searc...82376&record=4

I fail to see them being 'identical' like the STS and CTS.

~Blow your mind~

Old 07-23-2004, 05:26 PM   #63
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Sick-CaVi
for anyone who dont believe cavy's or a domestic wont kill, try racing one first, you think because the cars that are stock racing against something with mods is slow, let me tell you somethin, any acura or honda over here in IA that races me doesn't compare, i have over $30,000 into my cavalier and it's an automatic, believe it or not, i also hate people saying that sticks are faster, NO THEY ARE NOT, i have beatin cars sponsored from actual companies that have the car all moded and race it for a sponsorship agreement and i win a lot of them, the biggest race i have won was against a mitsubishi eclipse GSX with stage 4 turbo and sponsored by about 25 different companies, so you can imagine what they had besides one of the best turbo's out there, i am not saying that imports suck, believe me i would love to have one, but you guys need to relize we are americans driving import cars, i am sticking with american here, it does save money too, but dont ever say a domestic can't beat an import because people out there know imports are not invincible to our domestics and that is the truth!!!

ATTACK OF THE RICER BEGINS!!!

I can't believe you even CLAIM to have invested $30,000 in a POS Cavalier. Then go on to say all this ricer crap. To top it off, you actually used 'stage 4 turbo'....lol. This isn't Grand Turismo chat kiddy, try your own age group.

~Blow your mind~

Old 07-23-2004, 11:14 PM   #64
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Sick-CaVi
for anyone who dont believe cavy's or a domestic wont kill, try racing one first, you think because the cars that are stock racing against something with mods is slow, let me tell you somethin, any acura or honda over here in IA that races me doesn't compare, i have over $30,000 into my cavalier and it's an automatic, believe it or not, i also hate people saying that sticks are faster, NO THEY ARE NOT, i have beatin cars sponsored from actual companies that have the car all moded and race it for a sponsorship agreement and i win a lot of them, the biggest race i have won was against a mitsubishi eclipse GSX with stage 4 turbo and sponsored by about 25 different companies, so you can imagine what they had besides one of the best turbo's out there, i am not saying that imports suck, believe me i would love to have one, but you guys need to relize we are americans driving import cars, i am sticking with american here, it does save money too, but dont ever say a domestic can't beat an import because people out there know imports are not invincible to our domestics and that is the truth!!!

Hmm... Cavalier... This thread is about A Caddilac. A CTS-V to be exact, and this guy is talking about some cheap ass Cavalier. Haha, where have peoples minds gone.

Quote:
"M3 looks like an M5" <- ROFL, are you BLIND? First off, one is a coupe and one is a sedan (the biggest obvious difference...didn't know you couldnt tell that). The STS and CTS are both sedans.

"Holy shit people. The M3 is a coupe and the M5 is a sedan!!! That must mean if I have a 2 door Impala and a 4 door Impala I have TWO COMPLETLY DIFFERENT CARS! Oh my GOSH! Because obviously an extra 2 doors means that the cars are completly different. Oh but wait I think the Impala is the same because it has a rear lip spoiler. Geesh am I SMART OR WHAT! No wait, I'm gonna backpedal and say I did'nt say the CTS-V looked like a Impala, wait I meant Monte Carlo because I'm do much of a dumbass to tell the difference between two common ass American cars. Maybe its the 2 doors, they look an awful lot like each other. But I never said that a STS-V looks like an Impala.

"Is it just me or does this rear-end HIGHLY resemble an Impalas (other than the fact it's a direct carbon copy stretch of the CTS)?"

Oh well ignore that, because even if I did mix up two common ass cars. I can still piece togehter a 550 watt psu for a computer, because I can sureley tell the difference from a generic one and a cheap one. Oh wait don't forget the thermal compound on the CPU,it might burn out. Not to mention I got XXX scores on this XXX test. So you know I'm really smart. Even though I think that GM designed a car in 2001-ish against a car that BMW had'nt even concieved yet or released specs to any general public. Maybe BMW just wanted to give Caddilac their specs for a 2005 M5 in 2002 so Caddilac can just beat them to the competition. I'm still smart. I have the need to tell a bunch of people online who don't know me (Nor do I give a shit about you) how big my SAT and GPA is because we all know book smarts and claimed SAT scores mean so much online. I'm.."

Oh I can't bear to go on you're just soooo damn stupid. Like ChrisV says, You could'nt pour piss out of a boot if the instructions came on the heel. Would you like to know how many cars I've built and worked on, how many car audio teams I've worked with, computers I've built and repaired, how many certifications I have? How many classes I've taken regaurding cars. Or how many car related business I worked at? What my GPA and SAT are? What is that... NO? Yeah, likewise to your shitty "stats". I don't give a rats ass about what you think you can do. Obviously anyone so "smart" who cant tell the difference between 3 common cars has'nt a shit of common sense in his head. ChrisV spared you a flaming for that dumbass comment. I don't need to rattle off at the mouth about what the hell I've done, my post speak for themselves. Yet your dumbass can't even distinguish between an Impala, Monte Carlo, and CTS-V or STS-V? Nor does your dumbass know that the CTS-V was'nt made to compete with the 2005 M5, because GM allready is making an STS-V to handle that job. I can't take your stupid ass serious. You're about as stupid as they get and I don't care what credentials you have. I'm gonna sue Websters, and any other dictionary company I can find, for creating false text and not having your face and name under the definition of stupid. It feel almost stupider listening to some of your stupid ass comments. I think I have to go get a cat scan to ensure that in some odd way, your stupid ass moronic comments did'nt imbed themselves into my frontal lobe via osmosis.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 05:17 PM   #65
SuperJew
I like pie.

and I thought GPAs were calculated out of 4.0...how could he have gotten a 4.4?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:14 PM   #66
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew

Haha, I did'nt catch that SJ. Maybe hes just that "smart"

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:46 AM   #67
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:

Advanced Placement classes.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:25 AM   #68
Inygknok
El del Supra

argh, so much crap written that i just can't go through all of it. anyhow, just thought i would drop a few comments a bit quick.

1) thunderbird, they are called Clone computers. mods such as fans everywhere and water cooling systems still make them called "Clones". also, custom paint jobs doesnt make everything a custom made item, only a customized item. in order for something to be custom, it has to be built completely in a custom way. for example, bikes from West Coast Choppers or OCC. also, getting a good grade in SAT's doesnt make you a real genius. an old classmate of mine took summerschool every single year, and he got a 1,300 something in his SAT exam. it is a known fact that u can get a very kick ass grade for not answering questions u dont know, as u get 1 point for those, 2 points for correct answers, and no points for a wrong answer. even writing your name and all gets you around 200 points. there are many people that fail school and are still geniuses. remember Albert Einstein?

2) DSMer, just a few hours ago i replied to you on another thread to your "stove" thing. look at everything you have read and your little insults and think back to everything you said to me. "STFU, you're an idiot" doesnt sound very un-kiddy-ish to me, and this is going on what *you* refer to as childish, even though you are still a kid yourself as well. also, when putting 2 words together, such as "does" and "not", it's put together so that only the "t" is after the little apostrophe, not the N as well.

examples: doesn't, aren't

just thought i would correct ya. if u plan on using correct spelling all the time, atleast do it right. also, it's "talent".

also, i have noticed how you have constantly posted about "yea, this is wat ChrisV would have done", "oh, ChrisV this...". could you drop it already? its as if all of a sudden you worship the man and you would never dare say anything against him.

3) 1-sick-cavi...... wat the hell are u talking about? like it was said, this is about a cadillac, not a lower class cavalier.

as for marketing... yes, in every aspect of marketing, no matter wat the product is, everything is designed with anticipation in mind and last minute change plans. this is how competition works in the real world, not in "this is wat ChrisV would have done" world. sadly, but true, but this is the human way of doing things.

as far as the whole cadillac vs bmw thing goes, if i knew more about the cadillac, i would give an exact opinion, but i dont. the only thing i can do is say that, according to YOU people, it seems that its going to be directed towards competing against the M5.

btw, its true. people sometimes look only for the sedan version of the model and not the coupe version. sometimes its both, sometimes its only the coupe version. this is kinda obvious actually.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:26 AM   #69
What
Banned

Yes, so much crap has been written, but I don't have to respond to each person individually, I have a universal response.....

......................*SLAP*......................

Last edited by What : 07-25-2004 at 04:31 PM.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:13 PM   #70
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Advanced Placement classes.

um....thats just a plain NO. AP classes don't make your GPA over 4.0...its just another grade factored into it.

SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:11 PM   #71
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

Quote:

of course he could get a 4.4.....just like the 337 game I bowled last night!

SuperJew,don't even bother with this kid. He MAY(and I say that loosely)be intelligent but he's insecure. He posts about everything and anything to try to "prove" himself correct so people think he's "the shit" or "cool". I also don't see how you can "run" a business when you're under the age of 18, but hey, it's America so who knows. "Hey guys, I customized my mommy's computer yesterday!!! I put a new modem in!" At any rate, he's not worth wasting time over. He has very little real world experience with cars and it shows. He also comes from a family of honda owners...he even said so himself...gee, I always wondered why he is biased towards hondas. As far as making cars to compete with future cars...lol, that's bullshit but he's almost right. For example...cars made in 2004 are generally made to excel in certain categories over competing '03 models and so forth and so on. It's a case of "one-up-manship" not looking into the crystal ball or "leaking" info. You can shoot holes in just about every post he makes, it's so easy it's not even fun! thunderbird1100, you need not respond to this post or try to butcher certain statements I said and use things out of context(i know that's a big word for ya) because it really doesn't matter to me, you're a jackass and everyone knows it. Have fun plotting and writing a big elaborate comeback to this because I know you will anyway. Talk down about me, call me names, say that I have no idea what I'm talkin about, it really doesn't matter to me.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:09 PM   #72
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I said the CTS and Monte Carlo's rear ends resemble each other due to the vertical tail lamps. what is it with you people and bashing on stuff i never EVEN said? You really have NOTHING left, do you? I never once said the Monte Carlo looked like the Impala. So I dont know where that comment came from.

It came from the fact that you first said the STS "highly resembles" an Impala from the rear. When it was pointed out theat nothing was the same, you said,

Quote:
I meant the two door Monte Carlo with the vertical tail lights...oooppsss all these damn GM vehicles.

Implying that you didn't know the difference between the Impala and the Monte Carlo, as you get "all these damn GM vehicles" confused.

The point was that your opinions tend to be based on other of your opinions, in a circular fashion. Which came first? The perception or the opinion? If you've justified the opinion by the perception, then you can't turn around and justify the perception with the opinion.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #73
MILFhunter
CF Newbie

man this thread was stupid to begin with...the true import killer these days is the '05 WRX STi. No competition from stupid ricers. And by the way, you can get more then 4.0....i had a 5.2 weighted GPA in high school from honors and AP classes.

Peace - MILFhunter

<==========8
MILFhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:43 AM   #74
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILFhunter
man this thread was stupid to begin with...the true import killer these days is the '05 WRX STi. No competition from stupid ricers. And by the way, you can get more then 4.0....i had a 5.2 weighted GPA in high school from honors and AP classes.

Peace - MILFhunter

<==========8

LMAO. The STi IS AN IMPORT!!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #75
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
LMAO. The STi IS AN IMPORT!!!!

MILFhunter has just been