Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
Diomedes
CF Newbie

New color for the Geo

I'm getting the Prizm re-painted after the winter. It has some little nicks in the paint, and some stuff I just want to be rid of on the paint job. I decided I would drop the cash and get it re-painted. Now for a color. It's black right now, and I don't think I want to keep it black. So, any suggestions? It's a 93' Geo Prizm, what colors do you think would look good? And please don't just come in here to say "Geo, yeah.. rust, because no one drives geo's". Because Geo's are not bad cars at all, it's just a Corolla. So, if all you have to say is negative about my Prizm, then don't reply.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

ok.. as always lukaz's Questions

1. how much money you want to spend

2. What finish paints are you into e.g. mica , flip pearl paint, metallic, gloss etc.....

I think that it would look Nice in a Electic Blue metallic . The thing about paints are to each there own.. some will prefere reds some black some silver some yellow.. anyway good luck matey

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
Diomedes
CF Newbie

See I was thinking like a metallic canary yellow would look good. I'm gonna have this car for 7 years + because I take good care of it, and I want it to look good too, you know? As for cash, I'd probably go as high as 750.00-1000.00, I know it won't get me a super-great paintjob. As for what I was suggested by a friend "Take it to Maaco", unfortunately all I've ever heard about Maaco are bad things. Anyone got any good views on Maaco, or do they just suck out loud?
Old 07-21-2004, 05:06 PM   #4
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

a canary yellow i think would look cool on that car if you like it matey go for it .

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #5
Inygknok
El del Supra

nope, all but bad things from Maaco. ive had a few friends take their cars to Maaco, and they have all had paint problems within a few months.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #6
Diomedes
CF Newbie

Hah, I've got it all decided. I'm going to buy new 14" wheels for my car, a canary yellow paint job, and I found some cool seat covers in J.C. Whitney. They're yellow and black, so it will match the paint job. I'm excited, and I can't wait to get my car looking really really nice. And.. THANK GOD! This tuesday it goes in to get my a/c recharged, now it won't be really hot when I drive around. Woo!