Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #46
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
A longitudinally mounted straight 5 turbo'd, mounted to an audi quattro system. The radiators are connected via very long hoses...!
Oh! That makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341
Check this out--fairly rare--Hispanosuiza HS21 GTS--7.0 litre NA V8, a modest 600 bhp, supposed to weigh less than 1000 kg and do 0-62 in under 3.0, and the 1/4 in 11's...just think if you threw a set of turbo's on that...I also think better looking that the new Enzo and Murcielago and Gallardo...

Also, the Sledgehammer vette is faster, but the McLaren is the fastest "production" car in the world...I forget what the rules are to be a 'production' vehicle...I also know of several Supras and other vehicles that for much less are way faster than the McLaren...but then you aren't flossin in a center drivers seat...

PS--sorry about the URL on the pic--if you want it gone, just remove it and I will fix and re-post.

Nice!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #47
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Precisely, a welded diff...
Example. Ford Focus RS. 2.0 Straight 4 212bhp, Quaife (I live about 5 miles from them.. Yay me!! ) LSD diff, and yet the torque steer is LEATHAL! It will pull you across the road depending entirely upon the camber of the road, the road surface or because one side of the road is wetter than the other.. And don’t tell Cliffy to shut up when he actually knows what he is talking about…
Cheers Sam, I actually forgot all about this thread untill now lol. Arthur, you are wrong....shut up, sorry if that sounds harsh everyone, but have you actually ever driven a Fiat Coupe Arthur? I have and I can vouch for the fact that it DOES have torque steer, and R34etcetc is right about the Focus RS too, it's deadly

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:46 PM   #48
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Cheers Sam, I actually forgot all about this thread untill now lol. Arthur, you are wrong....shut up, sorry if that sounds harsh everyone, but have you actually ever driven a Fiat Coupe Arthur? I have and I can vouch for the fact that it DOES have torque steer, and R34etcetc is right about the Focus RS too, it's deadly
Just so you know, Arthur is an occasional poster who was wrong about this subject six months ago and is wrong about it again. He'll either just stop posting about it and ignore any mention of him or he'll argue till he's blue in the face.

Basically Arthur is a moron.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #49
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Just so you know, Arthur is an occasional poster who was wrong about this subject six months ago and is wrong about it again. He'll either just stop posting about it and ignore any mention of him or he'll argue till he's blue in the face.

Basically Arthur is a moron.
Thanx for the advise..I noticed he's a bit like this--->

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #50
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Perhaps Arthur should learn to figure out he has lost when he has, aye?

Old 04-06-2004, 01:31 AM   #51
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur
Right.....Torque steer in FWD cars is minimal....what is this bullshit about 220hp being bad at the front wheels? i know a guy who used to Own a 91 integra with a Turbo'ed B16 and a welded differential..... And it iS TURBO seriously buddy please dont talk anymore.
I'm still trying to work out how he came up with this post <---atchooo Arthur...buddy, wanna explain to me how u'd get as much Torque steer out of a RWD car as you would a FWD car, what with all the power to the front wheels of a FWD can 'n all?

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-06-2004 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #52
Arthur
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Arthur, we had this discussion about six months ago. You were wrong then and you are about to be wrong now. Unless you have changed your story, STOP NOW.
Torque steer on a front wheel drive car is produced by un equal drive shafts, and can be elimiated by a limited slip differential. Even with an open differential, torque steer isnt realy noticable. Not something you're going to notice and scream OH SHIT were going to die. Steering offset also plays a roll in a fwd's torque stearm problems which is fixed by building more inclination into the kingpin so to reduce the offset.

Last edited by Arthur : 04-07-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #53
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Torque steer on a front wheel drive car is produced by un equal drive shafts, and can be elimiated by a limited slip differential. Even with an open differential, torque steer isnt realy noticable. Not something you're going to notice and scream OH SHIT were going to die. Steering offset also plays a roll in a fwd's torque stearm problems which is fixed by building more inclination into the kingpin so to reduce the offset.
I'll ask you again Arthur, have you ever driven a car such as the Fiat Coupe Turbo or Focus RS? It seems to me that you're only too good at avoiding previous questions aimed at you...infact I seem to remember vwhobo making that point before...

Old 04-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #54
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I sure do like these picture shows...

Old 04-07-2004, 10:23 PM   #55
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Not noticeable huh? My DIESEL Golf had NOTICIBLE torque steer and so does my DIESEL Passat to an extent even though it is a longitudinally mounted engine... Unequal drive shafts create torque steer huh?? Well, there is some truth in that, but wait jus one second, both the fiat coupe and the RS have unequal length drive shafts. Also these drive shafts are counter weighted to try to minamalise this effect but it still occurs…

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:31 PM   #56
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Ooh! Here comes the heat of the argument!

Old 04-07-2004, 11:07 PM   #57
Hiens
CF Newbie

hehe

Happy? No.
Hiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:30 AM   #58
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiens
hehe
OOOHHH!!! YAAA!!! You know what I mean...here...you can have some of my popcorn...

Old 04-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #59
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Not noticeable huh? My DIESEL Golf had NOTICIBLE torque steer and so does my DIESEL Passat to an extent even though it is a longitudinally mounted engine... Unequal drive shafts create torque steer huh?? Well, there is some truth in that, but wait jus one second, both the fiat coupe and the RS have unequal length drive shafts. Also these drive shafts are counter weighted to try to minamalise this effect but it still occurs…
I'd also like to add that the length of the driveshaft will vary torque steer because the longer the shaft the greater the twist in the shaft when put under a torsional load, this means that the longer the shaft the less responsive the torsional force at the wheel and so the shorter shaft the greater the responsiveness. The greater the responsiveness the more that wheel pulls ahead and so that side of the car is pulled to the opposite side of the road, this is known as TORQUE STEER.

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #60
SuperJew
I like pie.

you said shaft...

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote