CF Retired Post Whore

Where is Arthur's reply?

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #62
Hiens
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
OOOHHH!!! YAAA!!! You know what I mean...here...you can have some of my popcorn...
Yah, lot's o' people don't get it. Oh, yah Thanks for the Popcorn

Happy? No.
Hiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:56 PM   #63
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
you said shaft...
Again, as at the top of this page i only did it for your amusement.. Hey, give me some too.. I'll die of hunger waiting for Arthur's reply otherwise.. Has anyone "seen" Vwhobo recently? Didn't think he had been around for a while...

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:58 PM   #64
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Has anyone "seen" Vwhobo recently? Didn't think he had been around for a while...

He hasn't been very active, but I'm sure he's poked his head in a few times...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #65
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Where is Arthur's reply?
Arthur doesn't do 'replies' when he's wrong ...Any popcorn for me?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 12:07 AM   #66
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Arthur doesn't do 'replies' when he's wrong ...Any popcorn for me?

I'm not waiting, I'm grabbin my own wOOt!! Duallies!!

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:02 PM   #67
Hiens
CF Newbie

All y'all can have some and a lil something stronger (i do not condone drug use in any way.)

Happy? No.
Hiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:14 AM   #68
Arthur
On Probation

Oohhhh sorry.....i dont post that often....because errrrrrrrrr for one im trying to plan a trip to canada and im lazy and i post on other boards more, but ive never driven a FWD car with torque steer that is very noticable. i used to own a 91 civic hatch that i drove the shit out of, i rarely ever noticed torque steer and i used to drive a 94 saab 900SE, which is also FWD and there is NO torque steer :/ but now i drive a RWD volvo which also pwns..... but i honestly dont think a car such as the fiat coupe turbo plus would have that much torque steer why? because any car company that is going to give it either a 5 speed or 6 speed manual box with over a 200 hp engine is going to take steps to avoid such poopy things as torque steer. But its obviouse i dont know Everything so i will apologize for any rude comments i make, But so should others who diss on something without having full knowledge either. With this post i withdrawl from the thread.

Last edited by Arthur : 04-11-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:09 PM   #69
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur
Oohhhh sorry.....i dont post that often....because errrrrrrrrr for one im trying to plan a trip to canada and im lazy and i post on other boards more, but ive never driven a FWD car with torque steer that is very noticable. i used to own a 91 civic hatch that i drove the shit out of, i rarely ever noticed torque steer and i used to drive a 94 saab 900SE, which is also FWD and there is NO torque steer :/ but now i drive a RWD volvo which also pwns..... but i honestly dont think a car such as the fiat coupe turbo plus would have that much torque steer why? because any car company that is going to give it either a 5 speed or 6 speed manual box with over a 200 hp engine is going to take steps to avoid such poopy things as torque steer. But its obviouse i dont know Everything so i will apologize for any rude comments i make, But so should others who diss on something without having full knowledge either. With this post i withdrawl from the thread.
The reason that your Civic and Saab didn't have torque steer was probably because they only produced about 200bhp between them, in other words, they weren't powerfull enough (note that the likes of the Fiat and RS Focus have over 200bhp each!) However, had your Saab been a Turbo, I can almost certainly garentee that it would've had sufficient Torque Steer! so, torque steer is more noticeable in turbo cars due to the..um...torque they produce, lol. And by the way, I would appologise..only, you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur
i will apologize for any rude comments i make, But so should others who diss on something without having full knowledge either.

So you can see why I wont appologise? right?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-11-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #70
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
The reason that your Civic and Saab didn't have torque steer was probably because they only produced about 200bhp between them, in other words, they weren't powerfull enough (note that the likes of the Fiat and RS Focus have over 200bhp each!) However, had your Saab been a Turbo, I can almost certainly garentee that it would've had sufficient Torque Steer! so, torque steer is more noticeable in turbo cars due to the..um...torque they produce, lol.
Hence why my golf had such great torque steer.. It was a turbo and being a diesel produced alot of torque... !

Quote:
So you can see why I wont appologise? right?

YES!

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 04-11-2004 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #71
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Hence why my golf had such great torque steer.. It was a turbo and being a diesel produced alot of torque... !
Yes, I've driven several VW diesels and can vouch for that lol...especially the 150bhp Golf GTI Diesel!....oh and the 'Seat Leon CupraR' has it bad too

Old 04-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #72
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Yes, I've driven several VW diesels and can vouch for that lol...especially the 150bhp Golf GTI Diesel!....oh and the 'Seat Leon CupraR' has it bad too
Is that the Cupra R Diesel or Petrol? If its the diesel thats because it has 180 bhp... The petrol has 225bhp now... The golf "only" has 150 bhp.. Same engine as the Seat though, just diffrent chip and injectors in it

Old 04-11-2004, 09:17 PM   #73
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Is that the Cupra R Diesel or Petrol? If its the diesel thats because it has 180 bhp... The petrol has 225bhp now... The golf "only" has 150 bhp.. Same engine as the Seat though, just diffrent chip and injectors in it
I was refering to the petrol..I should have specified...I'm sure the diesel has exessive Torque steer too though lol

Old 04-11-2004, 09:48 PM   #74
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by susukin101
WTF?

Old 04-13-2004, 03:14 AM   #75
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Time to get the popcorn!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote