Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2004, 03:41 AM   #1
drare
CF Newbie

Angry 1991 mazda 626 overheating

hi i just bought a 91 mazda 626 with 88 thousand miles, seems to run good but today driving to work i was trying to find parking drove around block few times all of sudden temp gauge started going up to red, so i parked, water was bubbling, few hours later came out checked radiator, was full, drove home temp stayed pretty normal till i sat for a little while, but got home without temp raising? checked fans noticed there are 2 fans 1 in front of radiator for ac,( turned ac on and off and this one responded) which was working, and 1 behind radiator i guess that ones for cooling radiator? this one does not run at all, could this be my problem? or could it be something else? i appreciate any info you can give me on this,

thank you
drare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:36 AM   #2
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by drare
hi i just bought a 91 mazda 626 with 88 thousand miles, seems to run good but today driving to work i was trying to find parking drove around block few times all of sudden temp gauge started going up to red, so i parked, water was bubbling, few hours later came out checked radiator, was full, drove home temp stayed pretty normal till i sat for a little while, but got home without temp raising? checked fans noticed there are 2 fans 1 in front of radiator for ac,( turned ac on and off and this one responded) which was working, and 1 behind radiator i guess that ones for cooling radiator? this one does not run at all, could this be my problem? or could it be something else? i appreciate any info you can give me on this,

thank you
does the overheating occur when the car is crusing or does it happen only when the car is @ idle?
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
What
Banned

Yes, it's your fan. If the fan isn't running at all, it's DEFINITELY your fan. As soon as your car gets hot, the fan should come on. Check to see if you have a short in the connection or if the entire fan motor is broken.
What is offline   Reply With Quote