Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
importnoob04
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8
Yes or No?

Ok I am looking into buying 1994 Nissan ALtima GXE. It is manual and only 2500 dollars. I was wondering if this would be a good car to get or not. Again I need somehting that will be worthwhile and cheaper to mod. Help!

Thanks!
importnoob04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum
 
Ki2AY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco CA.
Posts: 708
more information please... ( ie. milage, exterior / interior conditions, is there anything not functioning? like radio, or windows etc.)
__________________
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
importnoob04
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
more information please... ( ie. milage, exterior / interior conditions, is there anything not functioning? like radio, or windows etc.)

120,000 miles well maintained, clean, great stereo, A/C. Sounds like everything is in good condition.
importnoob04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum
 
Ki2AY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco CA.
Posts: 708
you can check "kellys blue book" but if you ask me, its not a bad deal. but you did say you wanted somethin to mod right? are you planning to race? if so, I would personally look for a civic hatch back or a old intergra... you can find other cars with that price that you can mod out better than a altima (unless you really want to mod an altima). but its really up to you. i think the real question is, what kinda car are you looking for??? performance? looks? or just a daily commuting vehicle?

~again, the altima isnt a bad deal. but i personally think you can mod other cars better than an altima for a cheaper price.

~choice of car also depends on how far are you planning to mod a car???

fill in those questions and ill give you more suggestions.
__________________

Last edited by Ki2AY : 07-28-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:14 PM   #5
importnoob04
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
you can check "kellys blue book" but if you ask me, its not a bad deal. but you did say you wanted somethin to mod right? are you planning to race? if so, try looking for a civic hatch back or a old intergra... you can find other cars with that price that you can mod out better than a altima. but its really up to you. i think the real question is, what kinda car are you looking for??? performance? looks? or just a daily commuting vehicle?

Im looking for a car I can mod for performance and looks. THe only problem is I live in Wisconsin and there aren't many import dealers. So i pretty much have to find the cars from private sellers unless I want to drive to get the car. I just want a nice looking car that isnt totally riced out and a few engine mods that aren't to much money. So let me know what you think.
importnoob04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:18 PM   #6
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum
 
Ki2AY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco CA.
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by importnoob04
Im looking for a car I can mod for performance and looks. THe only problem is I live in Wisconsin and there aren't many import dealers. So i pretty much have to find the cars from private sellers unless I want to drive to get the car. I just want a nice looking car that isnt totally riced out and a few engine mods that aren't to much money. So let me know what you think.


what kinda "nice looking" ?? more into sporty? or family?

~again, the altima isnt a bad deal. but i personally think you can mod other cars better than an altima for a cheaper price.

~choice of car also depends on how far are you planning to mod a car???
__________________
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #7
klnshavn
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boise
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by importnoob04
Ok I am looking into buying 1994 Nissan ALtima GXE. It is manual and only 2500 dollars. I was wondering if this would be a good car to get or not. Again I need somehting that will be worthwhile and cheaper to mod. Help!

Thanks!


Go for it man. Altima's are bang for the buck!! Check out the "EVO" body kit for it.
klnshavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.