Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #46
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast
 
Low Impedance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 190
that and sssssstttttuuuupppppiiiiiddddddd ccccoooommmmmmmmmeeeeennnnnttttt!!!!!!!
__________________
87 TII - FreAKinG RUnniNg!
Low Impedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #47
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_head
Rotarys might revv high but that just means you have to push it harder to get max power rotarys dont like revving at 9000rpm you can wreck the engine in 5 minutes doing that in a rotary yet in any car a rotary revvs high but it only likes revving high at mabe 5500 6500 max weras a piston you get max power at 4000-5800rpm which can be easily done for a time besides i get my 1990 celica up to 8500 and i feel it loses power from when it goes past 6700 rpm so you dont need a full 9000rpm

I'm sure that made sense to you.

The gyst I get is you have a problem with revs? Let me put one thing straight and dispel the myth that high revving engines suffer some inexplicable fatigue: they don't, they are built to rev high and guess what, a horsepower is a horsepower. To put it in perspective do you think tractor makers sit around lamenting that a V8 sedan has to rev to 5000 rpm to make peak power?
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #48
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast
 
Low Impedance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 190
that and take what he [tried] to say and reverse it. the rotary doesnt like to rev high eh...hmmm...interesting. where did he pull that from? apprenaently he knows something that 99.9% of everyone else in the world doesnt. or he is making it up as he goes.
__________________
87 TII - FreAKinG RUnniNg!
Low Impedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:07 AM   #49
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
I didn't read all the posts verbatim, but there is a lot of posts about torque, power and revs.

The rotary HAS TO spin at higher revs, otherwise it wouldn't supply the requisite torque to accelerate the wheels. It was said earlier that Power = torque x speed ... exactly, therefore if an engine doesn't produce much torque it must spin at higher speeds to achieve the same power.

And if it's spinning faster, you can therefore gear it down more, multiplying the torque back to the same as a piston engine with the same horsepower for the same WHEEL speed (excepting obvious losses in transmission etc etc)

That's my understanding of it anyway .... feel free to contradict it.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #50
revv_head
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Impedance
that and take what he [tried] to say and reverse it. the rotary doesnt like to rev high eh...hmmm...interesting. where did he pull that from? apprenaently he knows something that 99.9% of everyone else in the world doesnt. or he is making it up as he goes.

yeh sorry i made dat up i was having a fight with my rx-7 n i hated it 4 a day it blow at 8500 rpm 1978 model not bad effort but i fixed it myself really cheep im a machanic now i love her oh n da celicas my bros gt4 n it does do that sorry 4 wastin ur time. mi rx-7 does lose a bit of power wen ova 7500rpm only like 5bhp

p.s i does ruin ur engine revving high its not a good idea exept rotorys wer da main powers high but pistons like it lower but not like 3000 or 4000 it really depends on da car i screwed 7 piston rings in a v8 holden(1987) i had once couldnt get it up my slope of a drive way i did like 170kph all da way from da country 2 city so dat probly screwed it dont remember revvs but mostly 5000 i think dat cars gone so cant check but doin it again.

Nath

Last edited by revv_head : 04-06-2005 at 11:36 AM.
revv_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #51
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast
 
Low Impedance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 190
__________________
87 TII - FreAKinG RUnniNg!
Low Impedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #52
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Impedance

Can I quote you on that?
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #53
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_head
yeh sorry i made dat up i was having a fight with my rx-7 n i hated it 4 a day it blow at 8500 rpm 1978 model not bad effort but i fixed it myself really cheep im a machanic now i love her oh n da celicas my bros gt4 n it does do that sorry 4 wastin ur time. mi rx-7 does lose a bit of power wen ova 7500rpm only like 5bhp

p.s i does ruin ur engine revving high its not a good idea exept rotorys wer da main powers high but pistons like it lower but not like 3000 or 4000 it really depends on da car i screwed 7 piston rings in a v8 holden(1987) i had once couldnt get it up my slope of a drive way i did like 170kph all da way from da country 2 city so dat probly screwed it dont remember revvs but mostly 5000 i think dat cars gone so cant check but doin it again.

Nath




wtf?!?!!?!

i know ppl who dont like using punctuation marks and such, but u seriously take the beating as the new crowned champion and as the leader in not making any sense at all. wat kind of a mechanic are u???? i feel sorry for whoever takes their car to ya and they have a harder time listening to ya telling them wats wrong with their car than deciding wether to pay u or not.
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:58 AM   #54
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast
 
Low Impedance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Can I quote you on that?


you already did!
__________________
87 TII - FreAKinG RUnniNg!
Low Impedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #55
revv_head
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
wtf?!?!!?!

i know ppl who dont like using punctuation marks and such, but u seriously take the beating as the new crowned champion and as the leader in not making any sense at all. wat kind of a mechanic are u???? i feel sorry for whoever takes their car to ya and they have a harder time listening to ya telling them wats wrong with their car than deciding wether to pay u or not.

Fine i'll use puntuation.

I don't see why people think that rx-7's use to much petrol (gas for you americans) they 're only 1.3L 1300cc and use 2.6L and lots of family cars are more than that the 350z is 3.5L so its not that much petrol when you think about my brothers celicas 2.2L and it has no powere compared to my Rx-7 so i dont think the petrols an issue besides the fuels not going to run out in our life times or our kids so it really dos'nt matter oh and the torque can be fixed with a good quality TC or SC my 78 rx-7 is a Twin Turbo it hasnt been on the dyno by it hauls a trialer with 3 motorbikes on it (160cc,80cc,750cc) friends bikes im the only one with a car anyway RX-7s just need time put into them and they are better than 5000cc, 5700cc V8s so overall rotarys have quite an advantage to begin because a 4Cyl 1.3 has 60kw not 210kw STOCK like an rx7 (my rx7 i think is 190kw 1.2A only TURBO mod and carb tune up).

I n conclusion the Rotory engine has a simply more easer more efficient way of making power not a better one.

Nathan

Last edited by revv_head : 04-22-2005 at 11:48 AM.
revv_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:52 AM   #56
revv_head
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
I LOVE MEN
IM VERY GAY I want to give men anal sex all day
.

LOL homo
__________________
[/IMG]
revv_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #57
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_head
LOL homo


Grow up, moron.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:26 AM   #58
revv_head
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 8
i think if the ouputshaft (crankshaft) was like hell longa it would generate lots more touque
__________________
[/IMG]
revv_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:59 PM   #59
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast
 
Low Impedance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 190
^^random...
__________________
87 TII - FreAKinG RUnniNg!
Low Impedance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.