Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
Scott
CF Newbie

Boyd Coddington

Hi, Ive been watching American hotrod for a little while but I havent seen the one car I want to see.......The Whattheyhaye!

Does anyone have any pictures of this vehicle?

I have managed to find 1 picture and she looks like a beautiful vehicle which I would love to have replicated to a certain extent!!!!!!!

By the way, Im a bit of a dumbass when it comes to american motors, what does mopar stand for?
Old 08-03-2004, 04:03 PM   #2
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Hi, Ive been watching American hotrod for a little while but I havent seen the one car I want to see.......The Whattheyhaye!

I have managed to find 1 picture and she looks like a beautiful vehicle which I would love to have replicated to a certain extent!!!!!!!

By the way, Im a bit of a dumbass when it comes to american motors, what does mopar stand for?

Mopar is the Chrysler parts division from way back. Sometime in the 1930's to early 1940's Chrysler Corporation looked into consolidating the parts divisions of all their brands -- Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, DeSoto, Imperial etc. -- into one division. Thus the Chrysler Corporation Mopar (MOtor PARts) division was created. Parts used on ANY of the brands came in boxes branded with the Chrysler MOtor PARts logo.

But the nickname got attached to any Chrysler vehicle or part sometime back in the '60s.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
snapper69
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott

Boyd Coddington is a dickhead!
snapper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
CoRPS
CF Newbie

I must ask, why is he a dickhead?
CoRPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:26 AM   #5
fc7gtx
CF Newbie

Although sometimes amusing to watch I doudt if I would ever think on buying a car from them after watching their assembly of a few cars. They seem to have lost a lot of good talent. I think Chip Foose worked for Boyd at one time.
fc7gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc7gtx
Although sometimes amusing to watch I doudt if I would ever think on buying a car from them after watching their assembly of a few cars. They seem to have lost a lot of good talent. I think Chip Foose worked for Boyd at one time.

Boyd's shop does outstanding work on customer cars. the stuff you see on TV has been edited for drama quotient, and not completely representative of the crew there (you don't even get to see most of the actual crew working on cars, and definitely not on customer cars).

Boyd's a perfectionist, but not as strict as he's portrayed. he's also a machinist by trade and actually does a lot of work himself.

Yes, Chip Foose was his designer there for a long time, and also did a lot of fabrication work.

If yuu're a paying customer of Boyd, your car is treated like royalty, and when it's done, it not only looks good, it actually works right for a long time, as is evidenced by how many top cars that he's done are still in perfect condition.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 07:15 PM   #7
666bodydrop
CF Newbie

Boyd & Jo Coddington

You know it's no wonder why Boyd is losing employees at an alarming rate.Every project is set to an impossible deadline,Dwayne is always acting like a total a-hole tv camera or not,and Boyd's wife berates & degrades employees as if Boyd was the only guy who ever built a custom car.Good workers are hard to find and even harder to keep.Boyd acted like a complete ass when Charlie left and truly disrespected him,Boyd knows it probably was coming to because you can't work people 24/7,get real!.No big deal though just as long as they keep making "their"money.Who's next to leave?
666bodydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:28 AM   #8
kdagenais
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Boyd's shop does outstanding work on customer cars. the stuff you see on TV has been edited for drama quotient, and not completely representative of the crew there (you don't even get to see most of the actual crew working on cars, and definitely not on customer cars).

Boyd's a perfectionist, but not as strict as he's portrayed. he's also a machinist by trade and actually does a lot of work himself.

Yes, Chip Foose was his designer there for a long time, and also did a lot of fabrication work.

If yuu're a paying customer of Boyd, your car is treated like royalty, and when it's done, it not only looks good, it actually works right for a long time, as is evidenced by how many top cars that he's done are still in perfect condition.
You sound like you know him or bought something from him. If so would you care to tell us your personal experiance. This is interesting to me because I to watch the show and have a hard time believing that Boyd is that way in real life. There is absoultly no way he would keep any employees if that is the norm. With the kind of talent you would have to retain to build those types of cars is hard to find and in extrem demand.
kdagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:05 AM   #9
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

This is kinda weird, I was just watching American Hotrod a few minutes ago. And now this thread is up . It sucks though, I just saw Mike get fired, he was my favorite

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:26 AM   #10
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
This is kinda weird, I was just watching American Hotrod a few minutes ago. And now this thread is up . It sucks though, I just saw Mike get fired, he was my favorite
Haha, i like BlueBear cause he's fat, stupid AND funny

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:29 AM   #11
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

lol yeah, bluebear was cool. he looked like he was only 17. 75% of the time Boyd is a dick

Quote:
-Tupac
Old 07-23-2005, 04:31 AM   #12
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
lol yeah, bluebear was cool. he looked like he was only 17. 75% of the time Boyd is a dick
I havent watcged the show in awhile cause they all started to become the same shows over and over again, so i got into Overhaulin' and stuff like that. Also watch the show "Pinks" on SpeedTV.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:50 AM   #13
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
I havent watcged the show in awhile cause they all started to become the same shows over and over again, so i got into Overhaulin' and stuff like that. Also watch the show "Pinks" on SpeedTV.

yeah i like pinks.

Speaking of pinks though;
Some kid i know wants to race my probe gts (the one i dont have yet ) for pinks. He's such a damn ricer, i hate him. He has a full body kit and a big wing and on the side it says "Greddy". All he has on the engine is an intake (just like 85% of all the other tuners in mo-town). He's pushin like 180bhp (in a '93 probe gt). Of course mine only has 164hp/160ftlbs. Maybe I'll race him for pinks after I get it and turbocharge it . I'll show his ricer ass how its done

Quote:
-Tupac
Old 07-23-2005, 04:51 AM   #14
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
yeah i like pinks.

Speaking of pinks though;
Some kid i know wants to race my probe gts (the one i dont have yet ) for pinks. He's such a damn ricer, i hate him. He has a full body kit and a big wing and on the side it says "Greddy". All he has on the engine is an intake (just like 85% of all the other tuners in mo-town). He's pushin like 180bhp (in a '93 probe gt). Of course mine only has 164hp/160ftlbs. Maybe I'll race him for pinks after I get it and turbocharge it .
Well what is his car? lol. I bet if you won he wouldnt give up his car, he'd say he was only kidding.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:53 AM   #15
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well what is his car? lol. I bet if you won he wouldnt give up his car, he'd say he was only kidding.

its a 93 probe gt, same bodystyle and engine as mine, mine just has a different trim. He probably wouldn't, plus the car isn't even in his name, in the US you can only have a car in your name when you're 18+

The guy's a total asswhipe. I really can't stand him. I'd just like to have the satisfaction of blowing his doors off . Although, I have a long way to go until i can even get the car, nontheless mod it.

Quote:
-Tupac