Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
Corey
CF Newbie

10 second or less 240 sx

Hey im running a 240sx i would like to know what i need to do to make it atleast a 10 second car so will you name some parts i can buy and give me an estimate of how much all of this will cost thanx
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra

u dont even know wat engine u really have in your car..... how should we know wat mods u need?

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #3
Corey
CF Newbie

i know what engine should i buy??? rb26dett rb25det? what???
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
VMJYogi
CF Addict

mmmmkay idk what the hell u 2 said but if ur engine is crappy then get another one. You should know what'll make it faster... Air filter, intake, throttle body, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, 3 inch pipes, high flow cat, racing muffler w/silencer less u a friggin ricer, battery, Capacitive discharge, coil, wires, plugs, fuel pump (preferrably in tank for quietness), second fuel pump (if equipped), fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail, injectors, fuel filter, ported & polished cylinder head, valves, valve springs, spring seats, valve retainers, valve guides, camshafts, sprockets, timing belt, knife-edge crankshaft, remove harmonic balancers, balance engine, balance crankshaft, forged pistons, forged connecting rods, dogbox (or synchos, hehe), flywheel, clutch, driveshaft, axles, hubs, slicks, intercooler, turbocharger, supercharger, oil cooler, oil pump, oil filter, fans, radiator, and to top it off one of them bobble head hawaiian girls that stick to the top of ur dashboard. Someone tell me if i missed something.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:44 PM   #5
StreetGlow10
CF Newbie

HAHAHA!! Couldnt have said it better myself..lol
StreetGlow10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:28 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Hey im running a 240sx i would like to know what i need to do to make it atleast a 10 second car so will you name some parts i can buy and give me an estimate of how much all of this will cost thanx

I think you need to take this in steps...

You look like you're new to this...do the newbie mods...people dont go from a 15 second car to a 10 second car on their first try or are new to modding. Learn some more first. Do some bolt-on mods first and experiment like that. It's like haivng sex for the first time...(famous quote here)...
" You have to pre-heat the oven before you stick in the turkey "

Also on a side note, making a 240sx a legal 10 second car would cost much more than i think you'd be willing to spend.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:49 PM   #7
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

There is also a general rule of thumb that governs making your car quicker.

Your 1/4 mile time is geometrically inversly proportional to the amount of mone you spend.

Meaning..... you can go from 15 sec to 14 sec for a couple hundred dollars lets say. Then to go to 13 seconds requires another couple thousand. Then to go to 12.5 seconds requires even more. And so on.

If you want a 10 second car......

1) Figure out the weight of the vehicle with driver.
2) Find out how much horsepower is required to move that mass 1/4 mile in 10 seconds. (you may need to make some assumptions about your ability to hook up the HP with the ground suspension mods.....)
3) Buy a crate motor that puts out that HP.
4) Install it.
5) Break your driveshaft.
6) Buy a heavy duty one.
7) Break your rear end.
8) Have a custom made one built.
9) Break your transmission.
10) I'm getting tired of typing.

Seriously, listen to thunderbird1100. Take this in steps. Have you even taken it to the track yet? Are you consistent off the line? You can have a kick a** car but if you can't launch it, you'll never reach 10 seconds.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:36 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001

Seriously, listen to thunderbird1100. Take this in steps. Have you even taken it to the track yet? Are you consistent off the line? You can have a kick a** car but if you can't launch it, you'll never reach 10 seconds.

I love it when I see these dikes at the track in their Vipers and get all this attention, but when they run they can't launch or shift it worth anything and run a 13.9 and get beat by a stock Mustang GT.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #9
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Yep, all the money in the world can buy you a fast car but that car won't be fast if you don't have the ability to drive it properly. All comes down to the driver.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:08 AM   #10
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
Yep, all the money in the world can buy you a fast car but that car won't be fast if you don't have the ability to drive it properly. All comes down to the driver.

Note the last sentence. Its news people, if u suck then u'll always suck till u dont suck no more so stop sucking then worry about ur car.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #11
Boricuanology
CF Newbie

10 sec. with a KA24E Engine, actually 8.98 ET.!!!

Before you guys spend thousands of dollars on imported engines, I will like to share some info based with you guys, BUT, REMEMBER, running 10 sec on a 240sx and keeping the car street legal its almost impossible so this is info is based on the engine's power. The engine that I will be using is a KA24E 12 valve engine found in early 240sx and trucks. What have this engine have accomplish? well if there is any SR20DET here in the state that can match the numbers that Im about to give you please come foward!!!!
being a Puerto Rican Racer "fiebru" and being that most of us have not much money for this expensive hobby we have manage to run some BIG NUMBERS without spending to much money. Info:
(1)---- High 10 sec. = webers carbs, camshaft, Nitrous system. stock rods, forge high comprecion piston.

(2)----low 10 to 9 sec. = webers carbs, camshaft, turbo system,stock rods, forged low comprecion piston. tranny from a 280zx Turbo.

(3)----Joshep Racing ran 8.98ET using this set up but with crower rods and a little help from the bottle to help him spool the turbo but the tranny couln't hold the power )

(4)----Ventura Racing ran over 20 pases in the low 5's in the 1/8 of the mile while adjustin his set up (Turbo,alcohol,Microtec), in his first visit to the 1/4 mile he did low's 8.10 back by low 8.20's but unfortunate in his search for being the first to break in the 7sec using a 4cyl Nissan engine while ajusting a new combination set up his car couln't hold the power that he was making and it ended it up totalling his racing car and almost losing his live. I have put a picture of my drag project, '73 Datsun 1200, and a photo of Ventura Racing set up.

Last edited by Boricuanology : 03-06-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Boricuanology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

our shoulders tired from all that fancy shuvel work? grave robbers in this forum... let the old threads die...
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #13
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

and when i say "our" im taking the role of doctor... haha
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote